Gary Oldman - Actors Against Acting Athletes

Ouch...

Though I did just read a crazy fact: because of the Harry Potter movies and the Dark Knight trilogy, Gary Oldman is the highest grossing actor of all time. How is that possible?

I thought I had read the same thing about Samuel Jackson recently. Thanks to his willingness to take on even the most minor of roles, he's been in an endless list of big time money makers. The Star Wars prequels, Ironman 1 and 2, the Avengers,... you can go on and on with that list. And he'll wind up in all of the Marvel movies moving forward, so the money will keep on growing.

Maybe he gets passed over for Oldman though since he's done a lot of uncredited roles.

I thought I had read the same thing about Samuel Jackson recently. Thanks to his willingness to take on even the most minor of roles, he's been in an endless list of big time money makers. The Star Wars prequels, Ironman 1 and 2, the Avengers,... you can go on and on with that list. And he'll wind up in all of the Marvel movies moving forward, so the money will keep on growing.

Maybe he gets passed over for Oldman though since he's done a lot of uncredited roles.

Either way, I think we're dealing with some voodoo math here.

Ouch...

Though I did just read a crazy fact: because of the Harry Potter movies and the Dark Knight trilogy, Gary Oldman is the highest grossing actor of all time. How is that possible?

Highest grossing actors? What does that even mean? Oh and I'm proud to say I never heard of him.

Highest grossing actors? What does that even mean? Oh and I'm proud to say I never heard of him.

That's what I like about him. He does his roles so well and blends in so well, you sometimes don't even know he is playing the role. He has a ton of cool roles in a ton of cool movies. I forgot to add the Professional which had a young Panaquin (The Black Swan fame) in it.

I guess it changes over time...I remember reading the same about Patrick Stewart some time ago.

I guess it changes over time...I remember reading the same about Patrick Stewart some time ago.

I'd also expect to see someone like Hugo Weaving thanks to being in movies like the Lord of the Rings series and the Transformers series that raked in a ton of money. It really is a pointless ranking though since movies tickets today cost about twice as much as they did even ten years ago.

I'd also expect to see someone like Hugo Weaving thanks to being in movies like the Lord of the Rings series and the Transformers series that raked in a ton of money. It really is a pointless ranking though since movies tickets today cost about twice as much as they did even ten years ago.

And the Matrix. He's gotta be up there.

And the Matrix. He's gotta be up there.

And look at all the movies we're talking about here with the actors that have been mentioned:

Star Wars

X-Men

Lord of the Rings

Transformers

Harry Potter

Batman

Avengers

It all comes down to who is the king to all the nerds.