Ladanian Tomlinson retired today

I know he is a great guy and football player but he always seemed a little phony to me. God knows I hate the Pats* but he is outrage of them doing the Lights out dance after they beat the Chargers was funny to me. It's ok for your guy (and I guess our guy now kinda) to taunt other teams, but not for the other team to do it? also, him standing on the sideline in the AFC championship game, like Cutler, will be hard to shake as well.

Still, one of the best backs ever and I won't be surprised if there is an injury, he might be back.

A classy guy. Great years for TCU!!

Better years for SD. Top class citizen

in SD, I remember his help there during the

fires years ago. I was glad he played for

NYJ because while watching the Bills I

got to see him play more.

Yeah, because Thurman never quit on his teammates in a big game........

Man, that brings back some painful memories. I can't believe the way he laid down against the Cowboys. It was shameful.

GO BILLS!!!

When i think about Ladanian retiring, it makes me realize how special Fred Jackson is physically to be playing at this level (and how quickly a RB can fade after 30). Fred is only like a year younger than Tomlinson. Now i agree that Ladanian has more "mileage" on him but you can't ignore the fact that Fred played 18 games a year in Arena League ball and NFL Europe in his early pro career.

Arena League is a 95% pass league so I don't see Fred being used too much.

Tomlinson had close to 3,750 touches in his pro career. Fred has about 1,000 in the NFL with about 185 touches in NFL Europe. I'm not even going to bother counting the touches he had in Arena League. I'd say Tomlinson had just a LITTLE bit more mileage on him than Fred. Fred's legs should be fresh compared and has another 3 or 4 great years in him

Arena League is a 95% pass league so I don't see Fred being used too much.

Tomlinson had close to 3,750 touches in his pro career. Fred has about 1,000 in the NFL with about 185 touches in NFL Europe. I'm not even going to bother counting the touches he had in Arena League. I'd say Tomlinson had just a LITTLE bit more mileage on him than Fred. Fred's legs should be fresh compared and has another 3 or 4 great years in him

I’m not disagreeing with your overall point but I’m bored so I did look it up. In 2005 Fred carried the ball a whopping 334 times for 1790 yards. He also caught 38 passes and returned 75 kickoffs. He had well over 700 touches in the 2 years he played arena ball. But, 700 arena league touches is equivalent to what…250 NFL touches? I would have to imagine that he took WAY fewer hits in those 2 years as compared to LdT.

I thought LT would hv been a perfect fit with the Pats the last few years

There are good players then there are players that are just better then everyone else and LT was one of those players.

I love watching Running Backs like him, Thurman and Barry Sanders play. Unfortunately we are seeing less and less special RBs come along with so much emphasis being put on the passing game

I will always remember him for his gutless performance against the Pats in the 2007 AFC Championship game... especially when compared to Philip Rivers who was a warrior that day. Absolutely ridiculous to see Peter King rate him above Thurman in today's MMQB.

I think it's a bit much to say he was gutless

Much easier to play hurt as a QB then a RB though