Abolish Congress

Abolish Congress  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Abolish Congress

• Yes
    • No
    • Only when a Democrat is in the White House
    • Only when a Republican is in the White House

Obama's latest end around Congress on the Immigration thing got me thinking. Do we even need a Congress anymore when the President can pick and choose which laws he/she wants to enforce?

I know there's stuff about Congress and separation of powers in that silly old Constipation thingy written by dead white guys a couple thousand years ago. But who even pays attention to the Constellation anyways? All of lifes woes can be solved via Executive Order.

But then again maybe we should keep Congress as like a backup QB. Just in case a Republican ever gets elected again we'll need some kind of check on the egregious abuse of power in the hands of a single person.

What say you?

One obscure blogger's opinion:

http://jonareeves6127.blogspot.com/2012/06/his-royal-majesty-king-obama.html

"With the President's latest political move he further seeks to divide this nation along political and ideological lines.The President, seeks to circumvent congressional authority by signing an executive order to cease deportation of illegal immigrants who are here because of illegal actions of their parents. Without question, this is a cleaver political move on President Obama's part designed to trap Mitt Romney, on the issue of immigration reform. The liberals in this country no doubt view this latest policy from the Present as even more proof that Obama, has thus far has been, and continues to be a benevolent President.

I would remind the President's loyal liberal followers that by bypassing Congress, and choosing to impose his political will by issuing an executive order the President has in affect set himself up as a king therefore, who needs congress, when you have King Obama? This attitude from Obama, is not surprising and really, nothing new, after all, the President has already mocked the Supreme Count and has almost dared the Supreme Court to over turn his health care mandate. The President, has said in the past that if he couldn't get a policy through Congress, then he would see what policy, could be accomplished without Congress. I would remind King Obama's loyal liberal subjects, that a king rules as he will and his will is law.Liberals for now, see their would be king,as caring and a very benevolent leader at least for them. I would remind liberals however, that their kind caring benevolent ruler today, may be a terrible tyrant tomorrow.

Almost 236 years ago now, thirteen British colonies decided they no longer wished to be subject to the whims of the will of a king and after a long hard fought American revolution a new free and independent nation was born. I believe it may be time for an ideological American revolution the success of such a revolution will be determined at the ballot box in November with the out come of the next election. Americans, will have to decide if the want to continue to live as a free and independent people or bow their knee and be subject to the will of King Obama. I hope most of the American people will make the right choice for I believe the future of this free nation now hangs in the balance and the American people must again decide what kind of America, they wish to live in. As Always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on."

Posted by jonareeves6127 at 6:29 AM Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook

Congress can be quite annoying sometimes. Whether a Republican or Democrat is in the White House, Congress always seems to be in the way of the his plan. What we need to do is abolish all of this procedural garbage and maybe then we might see a little more action.

Congress can be quite annoying sometimes. Whether a Republican or Democrat is in the White House, Congress always seems to be in the way of the his plan. What we need to do is abolish all of this procedural garbage and maybe then we might see a little more action.

I'm not familiar with your short posting history, so tell me, are you serious or just being sarcastic?

What procedural garbage do you mean?

Voting on stuff?

Allowing the gentleman from West Bumfvck, Kentucky 5 minutes to speak?

Congress is supposed to be slow and deliberative.

Executive Branch is the Hot Pockets® Ding Gotta Go! Branch

Legislative Branch is the Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove plastic from potatoes. Slit remaining items. Cook 35 minutes. Stir Potatoes and cook another 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving branch

Judicial Branch is the what's all these squiggles on the box about calories, fat, and sodium branch

King Obama:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2012/0616/Obama-immigration-order-Does-audacity-of-hope-mean-unchecked-presidential-power

“This isn’t about immigration but about constitutional order,” says Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, a conservative-leaning think tank. “One problem is that even Democrats in Congress now have no right to complain about future usurpations – they might as well all go home and have Napoleon run the country.”

Overreact much?

Yeah, man. It's not like he lawfully removed a half-dozen US attorney's that serve at his pleasure. Just chillax, dude.

How am I over reacting?

If the Executive Branch can wield this type of authority what purpose does the Legislative Branch serve?

They're the one's that debate. Kind of like at the UN.

That's by design. Rapid action is generally far more dangerous than inaction.

What we may be witnessing is the usurpation of a Republic, and the beginning of tyranny in the form of a dictatorship under Obama.

History has shown repeatedly how one individual, once elected, begins an assault on the other branches of government, literally over running them with their own mandates and doctrines. Eventually, it reaches the point that they simply disband the other branches in favor of a totalitarian regime under themselves.

There is much more at stake to the American People than "just an election". This could be the end of what little liberty and freedom we still have. Next step will be to force early retirement by the Supremes under the threat of increasing their numbers, and packing the court with his people who will further his goals... Congress, if they continue to allow this, is already meaningless...

What we may be witnessing is the usurpation of a Republic, and the beginning of tyranny in the form of a dictatorship under Obama.

I wouldn't go that far. Obama doesn't want to set up his own dictatorship but he is paving the way for somebody in the future to do so.

I wouldn't go that far. Obama doesn't want to set up his own dictatorship but he is paving the way for somebody in the future to do so.

Exactly right. Each azzmunch that gets in office points to the precedent set by the previous azzmunch as a clear right to expand the powers of the executive branch. There truly is no end in sight - other than it'll take a decent sized national calamity for the POTUS-of-the-moment to declare martial law and it'll be all over.

Suitcase bomb, cargo ship nuke, anthrax by midnight piper cub flyover of Manhattan/DC/LA/Chicago/Philly.

Hell, it might not even take that if New Orleans gets wiped out again by a Force 5 or the Canary Islands caldera rips loose.

We're frogs in a pot of water that is ever increasing in temperature.

We went pretty quickly from The Patriot Act being a threat and must be repealed to where now it's wall paper and the NSA is snooping harder than ever and from Gitmo must be closed to where the current Oval Office Occupant has a personal kill list, a bandoleer of drone missiles, and a hall pass from the USAG that says shoot any American that you think is a "threat."

Wait till the next guy gets in. He'll put GPS units in all the "free" Medicare Hover'Rounds and make going to church mandatory.

Edited by Nanker

Exactly right. Each azzmunch that gets in office points to the precedent set by the previous azzmunch as a clear right to expand the powers of the executive branch. There truly is no end in sight - other than it'll take a decent sized national calamity for the POTUS-of-the-moment to declare martial law and it'll be all over.

Suitcase bomb, cargo ship nuke, anthrax by midnight piper cub flyover of Manhattan/DC/LA/Chicago/Philly.

Hell, it might not even take that if New Orleans gets wiped out again by a Force 5 or the Canary Islands caldera rips loose.

We're frogs in a pot of water that is ever increasing in temperature.

We went pretty quickly from The Patriot Act being a threat and must be repealed to where now it's wall paper and the NSA is snooping harder than ever and from Gitmo must be closed to where the current Oval Office Occupant has a personal kill list, a bandoleer of drone missiles, and a hall pass from the USAG that says shoot any American that you think is a "threat."

Wait till the next guy gets in. He'll put GPS units in all the "free" Medicare Hover'Rounds and make going to church mandatory.

Maybe it's already in the works ...