Why we all oughta hope Stevie Johnson acts a lot this year..

Hplarrm

I say act like you've been there before.

PTR

I agree. But you can do that and be playful at the same time. The only thing I don't like about it is when he taunts the other team I.e. new England rifle shot and mocking plax. That's unsportsmanlike. "Happy new year" was in good taste and shouldn't have been penalized.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he HAS incurred penalties and HAS hurt his team. So when a player repeatedly demonstrates that he doesn't understand where the line is between penalty and non-penalty, how can you continue to dismiss the same continued behavior under the silly "he's having fun" excuse? How much "fun" does his defense have defending a short field because they had to kick off from the 20 again?

I think Stevie is smart enough to know not to do that in the end zone anymore. I would be very surprised to see him flagged for it again this year. He loves playing football and is generally a good guy. So let him have his fun as long as there are no more flags.

I say act like you've been there before.

PTR

Why? It's a freakin game?

Players get amped up during a game and their adrenaline starts pumpin, so they do a dance. As long as he keeps it within reason, I'm OK with the TD dances and celebrations. A league without hard hits and celebrations? Might as well play football with pads, suits and ties.

And that last TD celebration which he got benched for? Showing a shirt that says "Happy New Year." Ooooh how could he do such a thing? Give me a break.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

The refs can't flag him if he does some kind of dance, he has to do it alone and has to avoid falling to the ground. He will have to be cautious, though, they will be looking closely to his every move.

Most ridiculous thread on the front page right now.

On the show too he was wearing his Bills baseball cap with the bill turned up like Gomer used to do in Mayberry. The man is hooked on attention.

And I see the typical haters showed up to make mountains out of molehills. "OMG HIS BRIM WAS FLIPPED UP!!" That's how a lot of kids are wearing them these days, gramps. :rolleyes:

Why? It's a freakin game?

Players get amped up during a game and their adrenaline starts pumpin, so they do a dance. As long as he keeps it within reason, I'm OK with the TD dances and celebrations. A league without hard hits and celebrations? Might as well play football with pads, suits and ties.

And that last TD celebration which he got benched for? Showing a shirt that says "Happy New Year." Ooooh how could he do such a thing? Give me a break.

This.

They're not working a Dunkin Donuts or IBM, it's a game, it's STRICTLY entertainment. Football players are not like you and me, if I jumped up and did a dance everytime I got a sale or hit a goal I'd look stupid, I'd look like I had never "been there before". I however am not an entertainer, I'm a website owner.

This.

They're not working a Dunkin Donuts or IBM, it's a game, it's STRICTLY entertainment. Football players are not like you and me, if I jumped up and did a dance everytime I got a sale or hit a goal I'd look stupid, I'd look like I had never "been there before". I however am not an entertainer, I'm a website owner.

Well then you can do all the dancing you want, and no one will see you in your basement, behind your wall of Mt Dew cans :thumbsup::nana:

This is supposed to be PROFESSIONAL football. He has $7M+ reasons to NOT act the fool. And I'd like to be entertained in February next year for a change.

Ehh Phooey It's still a stupid game. I game that I love mind you but a game none the less. I Love my Bills and I love football but if it all vanished tomorrow it wouldn't affect my daily life one bit. 7M+ or not, I could care less and as one poster previously stated in this thread or another I'll take 7 pts for a 15 yard penalty any day, but then again that's just me.

Ehh Phooey It's still a stupid game. I game that I love mind you but a game none the less. I Love my Bills and I love football but if it all vanished tomorrow it wouldn't affect my daily life one bit. 7M+ or not, I could care less and as one poster previously stated in this thread or another I'll take 7 pts for a 15 yard penalty any day, but then again that's just me.

Well took more than just one person to get those 7 points most times. Puts the defenses back against the wall, cause those 15 yards on kickoff, usually mean about 30 yards of field position added to others teams starting point, and often change the moment back to the other team, losing most of the momentum scoring a touchdown usually gives a team.

Kicking a field goal and stopping the other team is often better than scoring a touchdown then getting flagged for 15 and putting other team in position to score one right back and take momentum in game if score is close. The 2 seconds of fun doing dance isnt worth throwing away the work put in to get there imo.

Meaning that when he scores a TD (and we hope he scores alot) he chooses to ACT like he has been there before and does not throw in the antics which earned him and his teamates a couple of penalties last year1

I am not against having a little fun if it does not hurt the team. In a tight game, it is completely selfish and DUMB.

But hey, if we are blowing someone out and the game is drawing to a close and Stevie shuts the door on them with a score - he can dance his heart out.

If he has to draw attention to himself (and I believe he has that personality quirk - some folks just have to have attention), then let's hope he picks his spots with better judgement than he has shown in the past.

Faulty logic. The 7 points is already a given in the situation, it doesn't go away if the stupid dance isn't done. Therefore you appear to be saying that you'll take a stupid dance for a 15 yard penalty.

I am not against having a little fun if it does not hurt the team. In a tight game, it is completely selfish and DUMB.

But hey, if we are blowing someone out and the game is drawing to a close and Stevie shuts the door on them with a score - he can dance his heart out.

If he has to draw attention to himself (and I believe he has that personality quirk - some folks just have to have attention), then let's hope he picks his spots with better judgement than he has shown in the past.

Lets hope he does, would hate to see him turn into another national joke like TO or Ocho.

This.

I think we should all start dancing and celebrating in our regular jobs. Make a big sale...moonwalk through the office. Teacher finishes a strong lecture...spike that chalk and give a little stanky leg. Lawyer wins a big case, get up on the table and dance. Preacher finishes the sermon...pull up the robe to reveal "I love Jesus" on your t-shirt.

It would sure make a more fun workplace.

Stevie, like Chad 85, likes to have fun, but they stay out of trouble, and both do some really cool things for the fans.

I agree let the kid have fun. People take this game too seriously, it's entertainment and nothing more.

Call me old school, but I think winning is fun. I'd have had a lot more fun with a win over the Jets than the "fun" we all had when SJ made a jack a$$ out of himself.

Edited by reddogblitz

I don't think you have to act like you've been there before when it's known league-wide that you're a big time threat in the recieve game. If you could go back and draft T.O now would you not because you're too stubborn to realize that the NFL is first and foremost an entertainment industry?