Awesome Stat for Bills RB's

I was looking through last years running back stats in hopes of maybe finding something that would help my fantasy football team not suck so badly every year, and found something pretty cool:

Here are last year's NFL leaders in average yards per carry guys (minimum 100 touches)

1. Fred Jackson 5.5 yards per carry.

2. DeMarco Murray 5.5

3. McFadden 5.4

4. Jonathan Stewart 5.4

5. Ben Tate 5.4 (with 4 fumbles)

6. DAngelo Williams 5.4

7. CJ Spiller 5.2

Nice to have two backs in the top 7.

Also interesting that CJ's longest run was only 38 yards and Freddy's was that 80 yarder against the superbowl champs. I'm sure Fred is reminding the youngster of that stat whenever possible, but I suspect that CJ will be hitting a few homeruns of his own this year.

Love it....but Fred's is slightly misleading only because he didnt play a full season. So his numbers could have gone up or down. Same can be said for Spiller, ge didnt get many touches. Either way, fredex and cj in my mind are the top RB tandem in the league! I honestly dont see anyone as versatile as those 2!

Love it....but Fred's is slightly misleading only because he didnt play a full season. So his numbers could have gone up or down. Same can be said for Spiller, ge didnt get many touches. Either way, fredex and cj in my mind are the top RB tandem in the league! I honestly dont see anyone as versatile as those 2!

All the players were part of a tandem or had shortened seasons. Fred was awesome last year and mehopes he is even better this year.

Yet somehow, many people still think our OL sucks. Odd.

I don't think our OL "sucks" but I certainly believe it has room for improvement.

Yards-Per-Carry is dictated by a number of things:

* Ability of the OL

* Ability of the backs

* Play-calling/Offensive Scheme

* Quality of the Defense

I tend to believe that the gaudy YPC numbers of FredEx and CJ have more to do with their own ability and Chan's play-calling than the play of the Offensive Line. Our line isn't terrible but neither is it dominating.

In obvious run situations, we didn't always see the holes we wanted. In 3rd or 4th and short situation, there wasn't always a lot of push.

FredEx and CJ seemed to get their best results when Chan's play-calling had the defense on its heels.

yeah, my thoughts: the online deserves some credit for the ability to be consistent, no matter who was back there

It was such a revolutionary invention. However I found time warner's road runner to be much more consistent than verizon.

I don't think our OL "sucks" but I certainly believe it has room for improvement.

Yards-Per-Carry is dictated by a number of things:

* Ability of the OL

* Ability of the backs

* Play-calling/Offensive Scheme

* Quality of the Defense

I tend to believe that the gaudy YPC numbers of FredEx and CJ have more to do with their own ability and Chan's play-calling than the play of the Offensive Line. Our line isn't terrible but neither is it dominating.

In obvious run situations, we didn't always see the holes we wanted. In 3rd or 4th and short situation, there wasn't always a lot of push.

FredEx and CJ seemed to get their best results when Chan's play-calling had the defense on its heels.

You're absolutely right. I wish more people understood this.

BTW, Hondo, did you see the Mayor of Boston shout you out?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6dVyQ3BfHU