Labatt Canal Concerts in Lockport

Tony P

The missus and I are heading back home to Buffalo (for something other than a Bills' game!) this summer and are thinking of taking in one of these "free" concerts in Lockport. They're offering VIP passes for a pretty reasonable price and I'm trying to decide what to do - having never attended one of these shows.

I'm not a big fan of being jammed-in with my fellow concertgoers and I'm thinking of springing for the VIP passes. So...the question is: has anyone attended one of these concerts? If so, is it pretty much wall-to-wall? Even better, has anyone bought the VIP passes and if so, is it worth the money?

Thanks!

T.

Edited by Tony P

I've gone there to see Our Lady Peace a couple times. Yes it was very crowded but OLP are probably gonna draw one of the biggest crowds you will see at those Canal concerts. Crowds at concerts have never bothered me before, to me its just part of the atmosphere

My advice, which is against what you've already specified,is to not waste your money... concerts are meant to include the interaction with the surrounding fans, not be penned up in some special area. I get you don't dig crowds...stay on the perimeter... enjoythe music..suck it up once or twice and go up amongst the masses to get closer to the band then retreat back to your safety zone...don't spend the extra money, its probably not going to the band anyways...just my two cents.....

My advice, which is against what you've already specified,is to not waste your money... concerts are meant to include the interaction with the surrounding fans, not be penned up in some special area. I get you don't dig crowds...stay on the perimeter... enjoythe music..suck it up once or twice and go up amongst the masses to get closer to the band then retreat back to your safety zone...don't spend the extra money, its probably not going to the band anyways...just my two cents.....

BS - you wouldn't part with two cents.

Why do I suspect your hands wander? :D

The missus and I are heading back home to Buffalo (for something other than a Bills' game!) this summer and are thinking of taking in one of these "free" concerts in Lockport. They're offering VIP passes for a pretty reasonable price and I'm trying to decide what to do - having never attended one of these shows.

I'm not a big fan of being jammed-in with my fellow concertgoers and I'm thinking of springing for the VIP passes. So...the question is: has anyone attended one of these concerts? If so, is it pretty much wall-to-wall? Even better, has anyone bought the VIP passes and if so, is it worth the money?

Thanks!

T.

I like the venue because it is pretty spacious. Like PTR said though, there isn't anywhere to plop down a blanket to sit and its not scenic at all. I had vip tix one time, but I got them for free so i cant comment on the cost, but the vip area is good because you have a great view of the stage and your own concessions. Also have your own johnny on the spots. That would be a hit with the missus. That said, if the cost is more then $10 then its probably not worth it. Also, parking can be tough, but there is a lot right off the main drag there behind an ofiice building that charges $5 to park. Thats worth it because it puts you right by the back of the stage and the money goes to a church youth group.

I live down the road from it. Come early to get a good parking space (Stay OFF of Cottage St. We have enough parking problems without you tourists blocking our street :thumbsup:) . Don't bring a lawn chair or blanket, because they aren't allowed. Bring money, because the beer is expensive. Leave early to avoid the crowd. And NEVER go see Charlie Daniels unless you enjoy a thousand bikers and rednecks getting drunk. Other than that, it's a pretty decent time.

If I was a big fan of the band, I would do the VIP. I haven't been there, but I have been to the Square a bunch of times. And, there it was two types of people - the people who are there to see the band, and the vast majority who are just out there to have a good outdoor happy hour..............I have friends who were in the latter group, have been there at least 50 times, and never once even saw the band.

I live down the road from it. Come early to get a good parking space (Stay OFF of Cottage St. We have enough parking problems without you tourists blocking our street :thumbsup:) . Don't bring a lawn chair or blanket, because they aren't allowed. Bring money, because the beer is expensive. Leave early to avoid the crowd. And NEVER go see Charlie Daniels unless you enjoy a thousand bikers and rednecks getting drunk. Other than that, it's a pretty decent time.

Thanks for the great advice! Say..can I park at your house?:flirt:

:lol: :lol: :lol: