Tea Party Energy

What is extreme is an attempt to basically destroy the government. It's not that there isn't legitimate points within the tea party movement ....but the sentiment the tea party originally had (at least as I see it) and what their elected leaders methods actually DO....is not consistent (once again my opinion). To me the people of the original tea party (which has been obscured over time IMO) were upset about seeing banks doing fine after destroying us all and government jobs still being ok while private sector "normal folk" hit the ****...thus having a strong feeling that we need to reform BOTH our public and private institutions...but the means the leaders use (once again as I see it) is essentially to decimate the government and empower the big private corporations that were equally (if not more so) responsible for creating the problems in the first place (these corporations are the ones that at this point are funding their candidates btw but that isn't something TEA party people like to here). There is no society on earth that succeeds or fixes anything without a functioning government...that is fact.

The sane people that identify strongly with what I feel was the overall tea party sentiment to begin with have a place "at the table" but many of the leaders they unfortunately elected do not...the idea that they were elected "not to cooperate" in government is straight warping of the movement and it SHOULD make TEA party affiliates ANGRY...using people's feeling of disenfranchisement to justify that it's their job to essentially make government dysfunctional as opposed to making government better is what I consider to be straight up fraud on the people of America INCLUDING the very TEA party supporters themselves...and I'm not vilifying the GOP here I'm vilifying what I consider to be extreme members of the house who essentially ignore their oath of office as I see it. If the conservative democrats and the "rhinos" were given control of this country Washington could at least work again...but as long as extreme sentiment persists on either side it will remain broken. And as for comparing the tea party to the occupy movement lets be real...nothing pisses me off more. The TEA party movement is IN GOVERNMENT and basically making the house a barrier to anything. The occupy movement is not legitimate and not in government and I am far more insulted when people assume I associate with them than even some of my Republican friends are when people compare them to the TEA party....which many of them resent more than anything.

I'm not trying to bash the people of the movement but they need to pay attention to what is going on in Washington...they need to pay attention to their own movement being warped....and every American needs to ELECT COMPETENT LEADERS....I know a lot of poeple on this board are TEA party thumpers but there are people in your party who are disgusted at what has happened in government as a result of the leaders it has produced and honestly most of the people I encounter are those people (being from Florida where there is only 1 party). Hell on many issues I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE...as I said in my state there is only 1 party and needless to say I'm a Florida Republican as a result and in Florida it's a !@#$ing shame that we have the likes of idiot Rubio and Scott flying my flag...I would do anything to bring back Gov. Bush at this point...don't know what you have until you realize what it can be I suppose.

This theory may be logical but it isn't sound because it's based on a faulty premise. The way you see the TEA Baggers is not how they see it. They're not trying to destroy the government, that's just silly. Almost as silly as claiming a bunch of people who think the government shouldn't take more than 1/3 of people's income are extremists.

Another myth propagated by the left is that TEA Baggers and right wingers love corporations and have a deep desire to empower them. Conservatives don't really give a !@#$ about corporations per se. They simply believe in freedom & property rights, & people don't surrender their property rights when they organize. Conservatives would rather have the government police the businesses to prevent fraud & the like while libs want the government to more or less run the whole damn economy.

What's lost in the lesson of the whole financial crisis is that when one entity exerts too much control, the natural checks and balances that occur in economies are negated and if someone forgets to properly install a release valve on this highly experimental economic machine, everything can go wrong.

But it shouldn't be surprising that people who support convenience killings of innocent babies but steadfastly defending the right to life for the most brutal criminals society has to offer, while ironically laughing at the contradiction of those who would save a child but kill child murderer, would also find it extreme to stand up to massive government takeovers of private industry/property, but perfectly sensible to give untold power to a virtually unchecked monolithic power.

I am not making it disparaging... They themselves make it that way.

Dude... That is what they called themselves from the start... Then they found out what it means and changed their "trademark" because they were too embarassed to stick to their guns. I can't respect spineless !@#$s like that.

So sorry... Think before you take a name... They were born with it... Now deal with it... Just like the Sears Tower... Who the heck calls it Willis Tower?

Should of thought about disparging yourself before taking a name... Now they want to whine and cry and be taken seriously? Huh... Dumbazzzes... Not my fault they self-disparge themselves!

At least the people who play bean bags... Which is called: Cornhole in the midwest... Stick to their guns, I can respect that... They still very much call the game Cornhole throughout the midwest.

Teabaggers forever... Only them that let it disparage...

First of all, they did not call themselves "Teabaggers"- this term came from the left to try to demonize the group, as the left is prone to do ("we don't like what you say, so we are going to tell everyone you're an idiot"). Secondly, comparing the term "Teabagger" to the Sears Tower and cornholing is so far beyond my intelligence that I must concede that you are the most brilliant person to ever grace this board.......Dude.

Edited by Barry in KC

First of all, they did not call themselves "Teabaggers"- this term came from the left to try to demonize the group, as the left is prone to do ("we don't like what you say, so we are going to tell everyone you're an idiot"). Secondly, comparing the term "Teabagger" to the Sears Tower and cornholing is so far beyond my intelligence that I must concede that you are the most brilliant person to ever grace this board.......Dude.

I hope they paid DC Tom to use his intellectual property like that.

What is extreme is an attempt to basically destroy the government. It's not that there isn't legitimate points within the tea party movement ....but the sentiment the tea party originally had (at least as I see it) and what their elected leaders methods actually DO....is not consistent (once again my opinion). To me the people of the original tea party (which has been obscured over time IMO) were upset about seeing banks doing fine after destroying us all and government jobs still being ok while private sector "normal folk" hit the ****...thus having a strong feeling that we need to reform BOTH our public and private institutions...but the means the leaders use (once again as I see it) is essentially to decimate the government and empower the big private corporations that were equally (if not more so) responsible for creating the problems in the first place (these corporations are the ones that at this point are funding their candidates btw but that isn't something TEA party people like to here). There is no society on earth that succeeds or fixes anything without a functioning government...that is fact.

The sane people that identify strongly with what I feel was the overall tea party sentiment to begin with have a place "at the table" but many of the leaders they unfortunately elected do not...the idea that they were elected "not to cooperate" in government is straight warping of the movement and it SHOULD make TEA party affiliates ANGRY...using people's feeling of disenfranchisement to justify that it's their job to essentially make government dysfunctional as opposed to making government better is what I consider to be straight up fraud on the people of America INCLUDING the very TEA party supporters themselves...and I'm not vilifying the GOP here I'm vilifying what I consider to be extreme members of the house who essentially ignore their oath of office as I see it. If the conservative democrats and the "rhinos" were given control of this country Washington could at least work again...but as long as extreme sentiment persists on either side it will remain broken. And as for comparing the tea party to the occupy movement lets be real...nothing pisses me off more. The TEA party movement is IN GOVERNMENT and basically making the house a barrier to anything. The occupy movement is not legitimate and not in government and I am far more insulted when people assume I associate with them than even some of my Republican friends are when people compare them to the TEA party....which many of them resent more than anything.

I'm not trying to bash the people of the movement but they need to pay attention to what is going on in Washington...they need to pay attention to their own movement being warped....and every American needs to ELECT COMPETENT LEADERS....I know a lot of poeple on this board are TEA party thumpers but there are people in your party who are disgusted at what has happened in government as a result of the leaders it has produced and honestly most of the people I encounter are those people (being from Florida where there is only 1 party). Hell on many issues I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE...as I said in my state there is only 1 party and needless to say I'm a Florida Republican as a result and in Florida it's a !@#$ing shame that we have the likes of idiot Rubio and Scott flying my flag...I would do anything to bring back Gov. Bush at this point...don't know what you have until you realize what it can be I suppose.

This is a perfect example of extreme left wing nutty hyperbole.

To me the people of the original tea party (which has been obscured over time IMO) were upset about seeing banks doing fine after destroying us all and government jobs still being ok while private sector "normal folk" hit the ****...thus having a strong feeling that we need to reform BOTH our public and private institutions...

This is SO wrong that I would actually suggest you stop opining what you think about the tea party. You could actually get an animal to walk across your keyboard and it would have a better chance of typing a more realistic concept of what originally triggered the tea party.

. BS as usual.

Get over it dude... They actively embraced the term until they realized its other more vulgar meaning no matter how much you want it to go away... There was no left-wing "conspiracy."

Denial... Too funny on your part Barry... Sounds like you need to stock up on the tin foil... Make sure the evil left is not watching... Do not turn on the TV, left wing media might corrupt your mind.

Again, get over it... Stop blaming other people and accept responsibility for your actions... Isn't that your core beliefs... Do not be hypocritical...

. BS as usual.

Get over it dude... They actively embraced the term until they realized its other more vulgar meaning no matter how much you want it to go away... There was no left-wing "conspiracy."

Denial... Too funny on your part Barry... Sounds like you need to stock up on the tin foil... Make sure the evil left is not watching... Do not turn on the TV, left wing media might corrupt your mind.

Again, get over it... Stop blaming other people and accept responsibility for your actions... Isn't that your core beliefs... Do not be hypocritical...

No they didn't. If you don't know where that term came from then I suggest you stop making **** up.

No they didn't. If you don't know where that term came from then I suggest you stop making **** up.

Another loon (you) in denial. You are getting comical by the day... Giving me way too much thought I see...

No they didn't, yes they did... You would give my 10 and 14 year old a run for their money in an argument! Except I wouldn't want them cannonballing a bong hit and shot, like you most certainly do, before an argument.

:nana: