Recovering: Who is most important to Bills success this season?

Most Needed?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Several players ended the season injured. While the off-season provided a lot of excitement and hope, these IR guys have to be back for the team to be successful. So who do you think is most critical for the team to succeed this year? Rate and comment.

• Kyle Williams
    • Terrence McGee
    • Fred Jackson
    • Donald Jones
    • Shawn Merriman
    • Marcus Easley
    • Stevie Johnson
    • Eric Wood
    • Kraig Urbik
    • Torell Troup

Has to be Wood. He's the only star on that line. Kyle is big too, but the line got a lot better this off season anyway. Stevie's injury wasn't significant so doesn't really count. Merriman hardly played and Easley's never played so they weren't missed and therefore their recovery isn't crucial.

Agree with Wood.

Kyle a close 2nd. We need him to be healthy so this DL can be what we think it can be.

What About Fitz?

Cut him :devil:

Edited by billsoverdue

Has anyone ever truly made a successful comeback from an Achilles?

Understood. I was just noting that based on the question that- though unlikely -he's probably the biggest impact player of the group if he returns to 17 sacks in 12 games form. Not holding my breath, just answering the question.

Essentially I think there are a lot of guys that raise this teams floor or worst case (Freddy, wood) I think a playmaker like that raises the ceiling more.

Edited by NoSaint

I voted Jackson because he was nearly league MVP but the way I see the poll does not allow me to be swayed by my knowledge and belief of CJ filling his place adequately.

Otherwise, Wood is my choice where depth is weak.

Took me all day thinking about this.

in terms of being irreplaceable theres really only two on that list: stevie and white williams

wood is good but the do have a suitable replacement without nearly as much drop-off. you lose kyle and suddenly half your dominating inside line is gone. and of course without stevie the wr effectiveness drops off the map

as much as i love freddie, spiller is closing in on that job anyway

It's a tough question, and at first glance I was going to say Mario Williams because if he does not come in and upgrade our pitiful pass rush of the pass few years we are doomed to maybe 8-8 and scrapping through games. We have got to have a pass rush.

But if we're talking about injuries to players from last year- I had a really hard time deciding between Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson. I chose Williams, but Jackson is right there, too.

What About Fitz?

A few suggested this, and I understand, but we were never given anything definite about him being hurt. There was lot's of speculation here, and I may be wrong, but I don't recall anything from the team? And beyond that, I think everyone of us would say it's imperative he have a good year for the Bills to be successful this season. I would put him over everyone else on the list for obvious reasons, it's a "quarterback driven" league/game.

Anyhow, my intent was guys who didn't finish the season from last year, and I included SJ because of the off-season surgery.

Thanks to all for the good discussion, it's been informative.

Kyle Williams - Center of that DL and can create havoc together with Dareus and Williams. When he was on the field, our line was getting tremendous push and also able to stop the run against some very good RBs.

Eric Wood - He was the lynchpin to that Offense at the beginning of the season. When he went down, the offense went down.

The health of these two guys are key to this season. As they say, it always starts from the trenches.

Tom Brady was a 5th round pick. Ryan Leaf was a 1st round pick. What does their draft position have to do with anything?

I have to disagree with your assessment of value on the 2 positions. If you want to talk about the draft.. why not talk about something relevant. Like the fact that LT are constantly picked in the top 5 draft choices and C don't usually start going until the 2nd round. Doesn't that mean anything about the value that NFL GMs and coaches see in the 2 positions?

You can make your argument that you dont need a good LT to win a superbowl, but I can easily make the same argument that you don't need a good C.

Giants: Baas

Packers: Wells

Saints: Goodwin

Steelers: Hartwig

Thats just the last 4 years. There's a reason that the average fan has not heard of most of the guys on that list.

If you think C is more valuable than LT, than you're ignoring some obvious evidence that points against that argument.

Brady was a 6th rounder.