Brian Banks Wrongfully Convicted Prep Star Looking For Shot At NFL

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/05/brian_banks_not_guilty_of_rape_play_for_nfl_chargers.php

http://brianbanks.org/pursuit-of-the-nfl-2/

Brian Banks 6'3'' 245 pound wrongfully convicted Prep Star free in California. This guy was offered a scholarship to USC. He is wanting a tryout with the SD Chargers. Maybe Buddy can give him a call?

Unreal. How the hell does someone get off asking to "let bygones be bygones" when they ruined your life? I'd have a few choice words for the "woman".

I hope Banks gets a shot and would absolutely love to see his dreams become a reality.

Unreal. How the hell does someone get off asking to "let bygones be bygones" when they ruined your life? I'd have a few choice words for the "woman".

I hope Banks gets a shot and would absolutely love to see his dreams become a reality.

It's quite simple really, she should have to serve AT LEAST as much time in prison as he did for wrongfully accusing him. It's not like it was accidental mistaken identity, she admitted she was never raped.

It's quite simple really, she should have to serve AT LEAST as much time in prison as he did for wrongfully accusing him. It's not like it was accidental mistaken identity, she admitted she was never raped.

yea - thats about as low as it gets. id say she deserves even more. but i suppose its better late than never that she comes clean.

I saw this on the Today show this morning too. Unbelievable!!! That woman absolutely needs to go to jail and pay Mr. Banks restitution. Her family got $1.5 mil and he lost out on the opportunity to make 20 times that and get a free college education. Chances of him making it in the NFL are slim to none at this point. Maybe he could go to the CFL or the Arena League. I doubt it would happen but it would be nice if USC would still honor that scholarship they offered him 10 years ago. He still has the eligibility to play. At least then he could still live part of his dream if the Chargers don’t call.

I read this story yesterday and went through a gamete of emotions...First I was pissed at the situation, then sad for him, then utterly disgusted by that POS "woman." Finally, I came to the conclusion that...ready for this "original" thought...our justice system in this country is broken. I mean, the attorney for this kid, knowing he was innocent, advised him to plead "no contest" and take a chance at a reduced term. That just doesn't sit right with me. I could go on for pages & pages, but I had to say something as the people (woman at work) I shared this with didn't really seem to "get it." I don't enen know this kid and my heart broke for him!

I read this story yesterday and went through a gamete of emotions...First I was pissed at the situation, then sad for him, then utterly disgusted by that POS "woman." Finally, I came to the conclusion that...ready for this "original" thought...our justice system in this country is broken. I mean, the attorney for this kid, knowing he was innocent, advised him to plead "no contest" and take a chance at a reduced term. That just doesn't sit right with me. I could go on for pages & pages, but I had to say something as the people (woman at work) I shared this with didn't really seem to "get it." I don't enen know this kid and my heart broke for him!

Well, its a tough spot. do you roll the dice on charges that were i believe 40 to life, or take the 6 and play it safe? further - the lawyer likely didnt know whether he was innocent or not. if he KNEW he likely would have some variety of evidence. im sure the lawyer hears "i didnt do it" from a pretty good percentage of his guilty clients too.

if he thought the trial was a coin flip, do you go all in with 40 years of your life, or do you say nevermind just take 6. i cant even imagine making that choice if i knew i was innocent.

Edited by NoSaint

From what I heard, there was absolutely no evidence (because there was no crime) it was a he said, she said. She made the story up because her parents were mad at her for being late or something stupid like that and then never came clean because of the settlement her family got. Apparently his lawyer told him something along these lines: “You’re a big, black kid…you can go to trial in front of a jury and face 40 to life or plead no contest and only do a few years.” What a decision for a 16 year old to be faced with!!! I couldn’t even imagine.

I saw this on the Today show this morning too. Unbelievable!!! That woman absolutely needs to go to jail and pay Mr. Banks restitution. Her family got $1.5 mil and he lost out on the opportunity to make 20 times that and get a free college education. Chances of him making it in the NFL are slim to none at this point. Maybe he could go to the CFL or the Arena League. I doubt it would happen but it would be nice if USC would still honor that scholarship they offered him 10 years ago. He still has the eligibility to play. At least then he could still live part of his dream if the Chargers don’t call.

I hope some college will give him a chance, maybe even SDSU. DNA Evidence is great, but it is taking too damn long to exonerate innocent persons.

Not only did she lie about it, but her family sued the school district and got a $1.5 million payout. She should go up on charges for fraud too.

I hope the kid gets some sort of chance somewhere.

They're fish.

They don't know what they're doing.

Probably we're interested before they realized he was wrongfully accused. Once they did the research and found out the real story they realized he didn't fit the plans.