Secret star

A very good article in PFF about Andy Levitre. I could not agree with it more. He is truly a vert talented left guard. http://www.profootba...buffalo-bills/. here is the link.

It just shows how moving him around last year ruined his production. Him with a healthy Wood teaching up some of these younger guys is a good thing.

You gotta love the guy. He plays well and doesn't get injured. We need players like that.

Agreed! Thats what separates Levitre from Wood.. if Wood could stay on the field, he may be getting recognition like this.

So, did our offensive line suck last season or not? Serious question. It seems anecdotally yes, stat-wise no.

They were good for the first few games, then started getting destroyed by injuries again. Even after the injuries they were serviceable for a few games. Those who weren't injured and stayed in their positions all year quietly did well. Levitre was doing great at guard then got tossed to LT and Center . He did commendably at all of the positions, but not as well as a true position man would have. Well, other than that one game at center where he screwed up a couple snaps.

If our line stayed together all year, they'd probably be one of the best lines this team has had in a long time.

So, did our offensive line suck last season or not? Serious question. It seems anecdotally yes, stat-wise no.

I guess it isn't a a black/white answer. For the game plan and what we did, the oline was pretty good. Talent wise it is suspect. You see tom Brady stepping back and holding on to the ball forever, and he would not have had that luxury with our oline last year.

Not that matters though. He is going to have no time to throw against the bills even if they protect him with bullet proof glass and a brick wall! Go bills!

They were good for the first few games, then started getting destroyed by injuries again. Even after the injuries they were serviceable for a few games. Those who weren't injured and stayed in their positions all year quietly did well. Levitre was doing great at guard then got tossed to LT and Center . He did commendably at all of the positions, but not as well as a true position man would have. Well, other than that one game at center where he screwed up a couple snaps.

If our line stayed together all year, they'd probably be one of the best lines this team has had in a long time.

The story I've heard here numerous times, and likely repeated myself, was that our offense had to be recreated as a super quick-strike release attack to compensate for poor pass protection. I agree, though, Levitre performed well considering he played three positions.

The story I've heard here numerous times, and likely repeated myself, was that our offense had to be recreated as a super quick-strike release attack to compensate for poor pass protection. I agree, though, Levitre performed well considering he played three positions.

I think there were other reasons for it, like to make up for Fitz'e arm strength and the overall talent at wr. Even if you want to knock the oline for not being able to pass protect well, gotta give them props for Freddie and cj's run game.

Perhaps because of my excitement for the upcoming season, I subscribed to PFF about 10 days ago. So far, it looks pretty good and the price was fairly reasonable.

Does anyone else have experience with their subscription based service?

Good read. A valuable player who can play left guard at a high level & fill in at left tackle a neutralize top NFL ends. Could it be that Levitre is our #1 player? I'm starting to think so.

He is definitely our best Offensive Lineman, and we need to sign him to a long term contract.

If Wood can stay healthy, and if Hairston/Glenn come through, we could be looking at something very special.

Which is why Nix needs to extend him this year.

It must be the off season because normally this reply would generated a lot more responses.

Seriously though he has been our most versatile lineman. I would make him the next priority for resigning. He is dating a Jill and seems to like it here, so maybe he would give a little hometown discount.

remember all the holy hell flipping out fans did during preseason last season over the lack of big free agent oline signings? and yet all the bills did was go out and have one of the best seasons in the league despite a rash of injuries there

good times. good crazy times