The White Tiger / Casey Therriault story

Casey Therriault is currently signed with the Atlanta Falcons and is expected to make the team's 3rd string signal caller/practice squad. I became aware of the Therriault story through a fellow TBD poster/small school football scout Damond Talbot who had scouted Casey. After doing a little research myself I came across an article that stated the Buffalo Bills had expressed some interest in Casey Therriault. Perhaps we should pay close attention and possibly obtain Therriault off the Falcon practice squad. Talbot has given me the impression he believes Therriault has the potential to become a successful starter in the NFL.

This is the true story about how one athlete lost his life, of a forgiving mothers heart, and a story about the rebirth of Casey Therriault.

The White Tiger story...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CX7fSidDVg

Edited by Fig Newton

That's a very powerful story. If people take the time to watch this, it seems hard not to support this kid.

It sounds like that "one punch" was not from him, but from the kid who died, and that Casey walked away before the beating started.

I hope he gets a decent chance to play in the NFL.

That's a very powerful story. If people take the time to watch this, it seems hard not to support this kid.

It sounds like that "one punch" was not from him, but from the kid who died, and that Casey walked away before the beating started.

I hope he gets a decent chance to play in the NFL.

It is a powerful story, and shows how forgiving a Mothers heart can be, (got a little teary eyed myself when watching it).

The last report I was able to find says Therriault was expected to make the Atlanta Falcons 3rd string QB position/practice squad.

So its a start...

Article mentioning the Bills having an interest http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/04/nfl_draft_casey_therriault_jer.html

Stevie Johnson ‏@StevieJohnson13

Too Nice in BuffCity to be in the house taking a punkass Nap! It's enough SnowDays later for you to take a Nap. Get out!

Edited by Fig Newton

Casey Therriault is currently signed with the Atlanta Falcons and is expected to make the team's 3rd string signal caller/practice squad. I became aware of the Therriault story through a fellow TBD poster/small school football scout Damond Talbot who had scouted Casey. After doing a little research myself I came across an article that stated the Buffalo Bills had expressed some interest in Casey Therriault. Perhaps we should pay close attention and possibly obtain Therriault off the Falcon practice squad. Talbot has given me the impression he believes Therriault could be a future starter in the NFL, and a very good one.

This is the true story about how one athlete lost his life, a mother's unique and special response of forgiveness,and the rebirth of Casey Therriault.

The White Tiger story...

youtube.com/watch?v=1CX7fSidDVg

Good story, if the Bills really want him, could they wait until final cuts and pick him up off waivers before any team sets its practice squad? IIRC practice squad players can be signed starting 24 hours after final cuts.

Casey Therriault is currently signed with the Atlanta Falcons and is expected to make the team's 3rd string signal caller/practice squad. I became aware of the Therriault story through a fellow TBD poster/small school football scout Damond Talbot who had scouted Casey. After doing a little research myself I came across an article that stated the Buffalo Bills had expressed some interest in Casey Therriault. Perhaps we should pay close attention and possibly obtain Therriault off the Falcon practice squad. Talbot has given me the impression he believes Therriault could be a future starter in the NFL, and a very good one.

This is the true story about how one athlete lost his life, a mother's unique and special response of forgiveness,and the rebirth of Casey Therriault.

The White Tiger story...

youtube.com/watch?v=1CX7fSidDVg

Where is the story of the Bills interest?

Honestly after Luck and Griffin, there wasn't much to this class IMO

I think Big Brock Osweiler is going to a real good QB for the Bronco's one day and Russell Wilson is going to be making some noise up in Seattle,and then you have Weeden who is extremely accurate, Cousins, Tanneyhill, so Remains to be seen in my opinion. It could end up when all is said and done being a very strong class.

Casey Therriault reminds me a little bit of Steve Young...

19 second game winning Drive :

Edited by Fig Newton

Great story, thanks for posting it FN.

The heroes of the story:

1 - The victim's mother - an incredible example of the power of forgiving

2 - The Jackson State coach - had the courage to take someone where they're at, and gave him the opportunity

3 - Casey - took responsibility, paid the price (dearly), doesn't run from it, and keeps moving forward with the opportunities he's given

The world needs more of all three!

Edited by CSBill

Damond Talbot ‏@drocksthaparty

@dog14787 I actually talked with him yesterday, his spot was given to another rookie, he is no longer on the team, he is looking for a spot

@dog14787 he was a little disappointed but he will be ok, his agent is working on getting him into another camp, it is not easy though

@dog14787 especially this late in the game, unfortunately your past sometimes follows you. Whoever gets this kid will be happy,

I agree Damond, and I wouldn't mind the Bills bringing Therriault into Buffalo to take a better look at him. Myself personally, Chan Gailey could do some good things with a QB/athlete with the skill set of a Casey Therriault in my opinion.

Edited by Fig Newton

The page just loaded for me, but then it crashed my Firefox browser, which almost never happens. So, something funky about that web site.

Yup, the page is acting weird, here you go:

Therriault said the Detroit Lions were one of four teams that expressed interest in him.

The other three were the Buffalo Bills, Houston Texans and Falcons, but he and his agent decided the best fit for him at this time was Atlanta. The Lions opted to sign Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore instead.

Note: Myself personally, Here's the problem, and I may get torched a little for this, but in the South you have to deal with the all smiles, my **** don't stink attitude/mentallity. Then in walks Casey Therriault, he's been to prison for killing a man with his fist, and he sounds a little like Rocky Balboa,

Its just not happening in Atlanta...

Edited by Fig Newton

Thanks for posting the link. That was a powerful, moving video. The mom's ability to forgive was impressive.

For those who want to more about Casey, here's a good link with a nice article and a different video:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=6021619

Thanks hondo in seattle,

Susan Stariha, (Jono's Mom) is a great inspiration for all of us.

Everything Casey Therriault accomplishes in life from here on out will be thanks in big part to Mrs. Stariha's generous and forgiving heart.

Mom's are very,very special people, God Bless them all...