What individual player matchups are you looking forward to see?

The schedule is out and there will be a lot of player vs player battles to see this year. Who will get the best of who? Who are you looking forward to see go against each other.

Mario Williams vs D'Brickishaw Ferguson will be a good one to see.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/39774/jets-left-tackle-jabs-mario-williams

Edited by Superhero

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The schedule is out and there will be a lot of player vs player battles to see this year. Who will get the best of who? Who are you looking forward to see go against each other.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/39774/jets-left-tackle-jabs-mario-williams

Unless they move D'Brick to RT, it will most likely be Anderson vs D'Brickashaw.

Unless they move D'Brick to RT, it will most likely be Anderson vs D'Brickashaw.

True indeed, Mario does not play R DE he plays the left... But I am more intrigued in the camp matchups like Hairston vs. Glenn vs. Sanders

A. Williams vs. Gilmore vs. McKelvin vs. Mcgee vs. Brooks vs. Rodgers

Fitz vs. Himself to keep VY at bay

#2 reciever battle etc.

Go Bills!!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing Gilmore on Welker. Think it would be a good test, especially at the end of the season when we get to measure how much he has improved over the season.

There has been tons of speculation and maybe even some comments by the Bills that Gilmore will be covering the Cheatriots*** tight ends.

I believe they feel his plus size for a cornerback will give him a good chance to help neutralize Gronk and Hernandez.

Yes.

Mario Williams is slated to play left defensive end so he won't often be lined up against D'Brick.

Stevie vs Revis. Last year, Stevie caught 9 balls vs "Mr Shutdown". It was our 2nd game aginst the Jets that he did it. To my recollection, no other reciever came close to that last year.

Merriman vs whoever he has to face all this coming regular season. With his injury bug the last few years, he needs to have a good season now.

McGee all this season too. He might be (and I hope I'm wrong) starting to get a little "long in the tooth" and with coming off his injury, that leaves even more of a question mark in my mind.

Here's the big treat for me. Our defensive front 7 vs Brady. For the first time in a lot of years, we've got the studs up there that can bust up into the backfield.

Yea I know I didn't cite mostly individual matchups. But I think the spirit of the topic been addressed. We do have "individuals" on the team that this season is important, be it where they are in their careers, or who they are on the team. Anyway that's my opinion.

True indeed, Mario does not play R DE he plays the left... But I am more intrigued in the camp matchups like Hairston vs. Glenn vs. Sanders

A. Williams vs. Gilmore vs. McKelvin vs. Mcgee vs. Brooks vs. Rodgers

Fitz vs. Himself to keep VY at bay

#2 reciever battle etc.

Go Bills!!!!

i gotta agree, the camp should be very interesting to see is starting and who counts for rotation.

Also i Expect Williams and Anderson and Merriman to be moved around, that will be one of the keys to breaking any continuity that an opposing offense might develop.

What is on my watch list is Our Secondary, against the world. I think we might have an Underdog in the making by the second half of the season. sorry i cant come up with an individual OP!

I'm looking forward to seeing Gilmore on Welker. Think it would be a good test, especially at the end of the season when we get to measure how much he has improved over the season.

Stevie vs Revis. Last year, Stevie caught 9 balls vs "Mr Shutdown". It was our 2nd game aginst the Jets that he did it. To my recollection, no other reciever came close to that last year.

Merriman vs whoever he has to face all this coming regular season. With his injury bug the last few years, he needs to have a good season now.

McGee all this season too. He might be (and I hope I'm wrong) starting to get a little "long in the tooth" and with coming off his injury, that leaves even more of a question mark in my mind.

Here's the big treat for me. Our defensive front 7 vs Brady. For the first time in a lot of years, we've got the studs up there that can bust up into the backfield.

Yea I know I didn't cite mostly individual matchups. But I think the spirit of the topic been addressed. We do have "individuals" on the team that this season is important, be it where they are in their careers, or who they are on the team. Anyway that's my opinion.

How about Cordy Glenn dominate Aaron Maybin in the run game

These sound about right. Hopefully Glenn flattens Maybin on pass protection.

Dareus amd Kyle vs. Mangold, the Jets play a physicall style running the ball, I hope this is the year we slap those guys in the face and it starts with this match-up.

M.W. vs every AFC East RT, Hunter/Ducasse, Martin(rookie)and Vollmer. Nice match-ups for Super Mario.

Im looking forward to Tom Brady and Turf