Some of you guys with a good Madden 12 eye

I wanna play online with one friend and have a season. For arguments sake I wanna be the Bills and he wants to be the Giants. Can we both play in the same season in the same franchise mode? Basically we want to have a competition on stats and meet in the superbowl against one another.

Yep!

Also, I asked already but I'll ask again here, if we can do this, can we make updates to these rosters like you linked?in the same franchise mode or do we start fhe mode and then just cut amd trade players individually on our own?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm almost positive you can load the rosters form the link above, then start your franchise with those rosters. If you wind up getting it and are having trouble figuring it out, I can give you step by step directions, just let me know.

I wanna play online with one friend and have a season. For arguments sake I wanna be the Bills and he wants to be the Giants. Can we both play in the same season in the same franchise mode? Basically we want to have a competition on stats and meet in the superbowl against one another.

Also, I asked already but I'll ask again here, if we can do this, can we make updates to these rosters like you linked?in the same franchise mode or do we start fhe mode and then just cut amd trade players individually on our own?

Yes you can each have a team in the same franchise online. For mine that i mentioned above, each of the 8 of us took a team in a different division. You log in and play your game. When every human has played their game, then the commish can advance the franchise to the next week. As for the rosters, you have to use the official EA rosters. It'll make you download the most current ones when you log in to the franchise. Unfortunately, you can't use your own updated rosters.

Awesme Flap. Thanks so much. Your the man. Fo you play any other games? COD MW3 maybe?

And last question, if your playing online with friends and your in the same franchise, do you then have to wait until your friend finishes his weeks game to advance to your next game?

Yes you can each have a team in the same franchise online. For mine that i mentioned above, each of the 8 of us took a team in a different division. You log in and play your game. When every human has played their game, then the commish can advance the franchise to the next week. As for the rosters, you have to use the official EA rosters. It'll make you download the most current ones when you log in to the franchise. Unfortunately, you can't use your own updated rosters.

Thanks Ram,

if you can't use the updated rosters can you at least make trades and FA pickups during that online franchise?

You're right, I just looked it up :thumbsup: Wish you could do that tho!

Awesme Flap. Thanks so much. Your the man. Fo you play any other games? COD MW3 maybe?

And last question, if your playing online with friends and your in the same franchise, do you then have to wait until your friend finishes his weeks game to advance to your next game?

Thanks Ram,

if you can't use the updated rosters can you at least make trades and FA pickups during that online franchise?

I played COD a lot when it came out but I'm done til the next one comes out. I get NHL and FIFA every year too, along with some other stuff here and there, but Madden is my true love :wub:

You can make trades that are reasonable, but if you really want to make whatever "trades" you want, you have to control all of the teams and cut and sign players to the teams you want. And in online franchise mode, you can only control one team at a time.

You don't have to wait for him to play his game to advance the week, but then any unplayed games are simulated. So you can't play ahead while you wait for his game to be played. You follow the same schedule.

You're right, I just looked it up :thumbsup: Wish you could do that tho!

I played COD a lot when it came out but I'm done til the next one comes out. I get NHL and FIFA every year too, along with some other stuff here and there, but Madden is my true love :wub:

You can make trades that are reasonable, but if you really want to make whatever "trades" you want, you have to control all of the teams and cut and sign players to the teams you want. And in online franchise mode, you can only control one team at a time.

You don't have to wait for him to play his game to advance the week, but then any unplayed games are simulated. So you can't play ahead while you wait for his game to be played. You follow the same schedule.

Awesome. I really want to play Madden now. I unfortunately really want to play with Mario, Anderson and VY on the team tho and if I can't just sign into that team, cut them and pick them up on the Bills it will really ruin it for me. Obviously I can always do that in my own franchise mode but it's the fun of doing it with friends for me. From what it sounds like I can do that but then I must go back and either play or go out of my way to simulate the rest of all those games with those teams.

I am a little late here but I saw DrD's post...

can I update rosters to an NES game? Tecmo Super Bowl needs some updates. I am tired of Okoye and Bo tearing my D up...and want to see if Fitz can throw 100 yard passes like Jim can!

Edit: yes I still have NES and lots of games that I still play.

Edited by jboyst62

Hey flap. Quick question. Just bought madden today and got online. Buddy and I started a franchise like i said before. I thought I saw on there we could go into a group lobby to conversate with each other on our headsets but not sure how it works. Also, can we hook it up so that while he's in playing his game and I'm on my game at the same time can we still talk to each other on our headsets? Or only if were playing against one another?

can I update rosters to an NES game? Tecmo Super Bowl needs some updates. I am tired of Okoye and Bo tearing my D up...and want to see if Fitz can throw 100 yard passes like Jim can!

Very funny. Try this: http://tecmobowl.org/2011/09/07/release-tecmo-super-bowl-2012/

or this one to play online: http://www.vizzed.com/play/tecmo-super-bowl-2k12-(drummers-2012-super-bowl)-nes-online-nintendo-nes-36496-game (you need Java installed/updated for this to work)

Hey flap. Quick question. Just bought madden today and got online. Buddy and I started a franchise like i said before. I thought I saw on there we could go into a group lobby to conversate with each other on our headsets but not sure how it works. Also, can we hook it up so that while he's in playing his game and I'm on my game at the same time can we still talk to each other on our headsets? Or only if were playing against one another?

If you are in online lobbies you can chat with your head sets, as well as if you are both in the franchise mode menus before you start your game. You can also start a chat from the xmb main menu ( like the PS3's desktop, not thru the game). If you are playing a game, however, you can't voice chat unless you are playing each other.

Very funny. Try this: http://tecmobowl.org/2011/09/07/release-tecmo-super-bowl-2012/

or this one to play online: http://www.vizzed.com/play/tecmo-super-bowl-2k12-(drummers-2012-super-bowl)-nes-online-nintendo-nes-36496-game (you need Java installed/updated for this to work)

If you are in online lobbies you can chat with your head sets, as well as if you are both in the franchise mode menus before you start your game. You can also start a chat from the xmb main menu ( like the PS3's desktop, not thru the game). If you are playing a game, however, you can't voice chat unless you are playing each other.

No way to talk to ine another unless were playing the same game sucks. I was told you can do that on xbox but I'm not sure. Don't have an xbox. Lobbys are ok but there's only so much time I can be in a lobby on a vid game. Of I'm in game I wanna play ya know.

No way to talk to ine another unless were playing the same game sucks. I was told you can do that on xbox but I'm not sure. Don't have an xbox. Lobbys are ok but there's only so much time I can be in a lobby on a vid game. Of I'm in game I wanna play ya know.

Then use your phone. Put it on speaker. Idk what to tell you.

I was always the Raiders in Tecmo/Super Tecmo. Sweep to the top with Bo, guaranteed 6 every time. And Howie Long shuttin it down on defense.

I found that my favorite thing about getting a Wii was downloading all the old NES games and just playing those! :thumbsup:

Then use your phone. Put it on speaker. Idk what to tell you.

Hey bro, not saying u suck. It's all good. Just saying that stinks. Thanks for your help.

I was always the Raiders in Tecmo/Super Tecmo. Sweep to the top with Bo, guaranteed 6 every time. And Howie Long shuttin it down on defense.

I found that my favorite thing about getting a Wii was downloading all the old NES games and just playing those! :thumbsup:

I remember specifically playing every single teams season mode and keeping track of all my stats. Bo and Allen both had 2k seasons rushing when I played with them. They were sweet.

Other notables in that game for me were:

Joe Montana and Jerry Rice were as 100% as you could get, no matter how crazy the play was it was almost automatic.

Ronnie Lott had what we used to call the "touch" defense. All you had to do was run by anyone and he would instantly tackle them.

I had a defensive scheme with Bruce that you could just dive instantly after the snap and sack the QB almost every time. I rememeber getting somewhere in the 80s for sacks one year.

Off the top of my head these are the ones I remember quite a bit.