Some of you guys with a good Madden 12 eye

...can you help us with ratings for our Madden 13 team?

:D

Seriously, though, it has been a decade since I bought a copy of Madden into the next year. It is usually a day one purchase.

However, like the rest of you I have been in a crazy good football mood the last couple of months and had an itch to pick up Madden 12, but even used it was going for $45...until Best Buy's deal of the day on Tuesday.

$10.

:w00t:

Loving it. I released Williams, Anderson and Young from their teams accordingly, cut a few Bills and added them to the roster. The first rookie I created was Cordy, but I realize that I need sort of a threshold for setting up his rating. I may steal a bit from D. Bell's discription, but it is a pain in the but process.

$10 for 3 months of use before Madden 13 comes out the end of August...more than worth it!

GO BILLS!

...um, btw, I have beefed my Bills up a bit from their 74 Madden rating.

:blush:

I have them at 84...it is a little lame to bring them all the way up to 99!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

They update the rosters constantly as the season progresses. The bills started out at a 74 and were at a 90 by week 6 then steadily declined again. i think they will start out at an 80 this year.

I actually think that is a pretty good estimate on your part, yj; 80 is about right.

wait.

...they were really at 90 in week 6?!

Dang!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

This article might help: More 2012 NFL Rookie Ratings in Madden

Keep in mind however that in the past few editions of Madden, the ratings fluctuate quite a bit in a variety of ways.

First, as mentioned above, the developers offer downloadable roster and rating updates throughout the season.

Second, rookies/younger players typically get better with experience, and veterans typically start to decline once they are in the latter stage of their careers.

Third, a relatively new feature has players' ratings change in-game and from game to game based on their performance. Players can find themselves on a hot or cold streak, which can last anywhere from a quarter to a stretch of games.

The second two factors are more indicative of the user's gameplay. Younger players won't get better if you don't play well with them. Older players are less likely to decline (or may decline at a reduced rate) if they continue to put up stats. If for example you keep throwing picks with Fitz, not only will his ratings trend downward, he will find himself on a cold streak, which further lowers his ratings in the course of the game. Basically what they've done is made the ratings a benchmark that is fluid during the course of the game, and also the season if you are playing in one of the franchise modes.

See this link for a more detailed view of Glenn's ratings My link

They update the rosters constantly as the season progresses. The bills started out at a 74 and were at a 90 by week 6 then steadily declined again. i think they will start out at an 80 this year.

This is probably a stupid question, but bear with me because Im not much of a gamer...

Is there a way to update my Madden 10 game to current rosters and ratings? Or do the updates only work for the current version?

This is probably a stupid question, but bear with me because Im not much of a gamer...

Is there a way to update my Madden 10 game to current rosters and ratings? Or do the updates only work for the current version?

The developer (official) updates only work for the current version, and the final update is right after the Super Bowl.

However, there are some hardcore gamers that actually make the roster changes and add new players for older versions.

You can download a roster from the site below, then you copy it on to a flash drive, then upload it to the game.

Details here: My link

That particular link is for PS3 users. I didn't see anything nearly as current for xbox 360. Hope that helps!

The developer (official) updates only work for the current version, and the final update is right after the Super Bowl.

However, there are some hardcore gamers that actually make the roster changes and add new players for older versions.

You can download a roster from the site below, then you copy it on to a flash drive, then upload it to the game.

That particular link is for PS3 users. I didn't see anything nearly as current for xbox 360. Hope that helps!

Awesome! Yep, looking for the PS3. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I am not on Madden or have a PS3 but if I did you would be my hero right now uncle flap. I extend much respect to you for helping people find this stuff. A bump earned by helping others is the best kind of bump. :thumbsup:

I bought Madden 12 for 20 bucks last month off of Ebay. My roster is current. Total team rating with the new players turned out to be 80.

Added ( or created I should say) Gilmore, Glenn, Brooks, TJ Graham cause I figure they will be on the team. The rest I will add after training camp.

BTW I gave super Mario #97.

Have played a couple games Vs. the Pats. Brady got hit more than a few times with the improved D line. Dareus and Kyle Williams are just beasts in the middle.

also added RG3, Luck, and a few more players from this yrs draft.

I still think Madden 10 is better than both 11 and 12. Hope 13 is an upgrade over the past 2 yrs.

...can you help us with ratings for our Madden 13 team?

:D

Sorry, I should've just pulled this up for you in the first place. Here are the current rosters as of May 17. My link

They aren't perfect as they are user created and not an official release from EA sports, but it's a lot easier than doing it all manually. You can always edit the players yourself if you wish, but at least you don't have to create them from scratch, and you don't have to make all the FA signings and trades since February.

Instructions for how to download and upload to your PS3 are included on that page. If you are playing xbox 360, you should be able to find those rosters on that same forum. LMK if you need help.

I am not on Madden or have a PS3 but if I did you would be my hero right now uncle flap. I extend much respect to you for helping people find this stuff. A bump earned by helping others is the best kind of bump. :thumbsup:

Thank you! You're far too kind!

Meant to add this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9bkIbETT0M&feature=plcp

From what I've seen/read Madden 13 seems pretty similar to Madden 12. There are already a ton of previews on youtube. Gotta love the George Wilson 360 pick in the above video!

Edited by uncle flap

Flap, a future thank you is in order as I am extremely close to going out and buying Madden and will defenately look forward to an updateD roster.

I have a few questions about some things though first. I most recently played COD MW3 and loved the co-op play. Rue ability to play with friends online is huge to me. I know I can play online with friends in single games, my question is... If you are in franchise mode, can you play with others online? Can I be in franchise mode online while a friend plays in the same season with another team? I rember back in the day friends and I used to play Madden in this way but we had to always go to a friends house to play that season amd we always had to wait for someone to come over to get tuier game in to go forward. Any info on this?

Thanks

Flap, a future thank you is in order as I am extremely close to going out and buying Madden and will defenately look forward to an updateD roster.

I have a few questions about some things though first. I most recently played COD MW3 and loved the co-op play. Rue ability to play with friends online is huge to me. I know I can play online with friends in single games, my question is... If you are in franchise mode, can you play with others online? Can I be in franchise mode online while a friend plays in the same season with another team? I rember back in the day friends and I used to play Madden in this way but we had to always go to a friends house to play that season amd we always had to wait for someone to come over to get tuier game in to go forward. Any info on this?

Thanks

Madden '12 does have online franchise mode with multiple owners. Last season i had an online franchsie and there were 8 of us playing. We set a deadline amongst ourselves as to when your game for a week had to be finished. We did have some issues at times connecting for the human vs human games. It's separate from the off-line franchise mode.

Just remember tho, unless things have changed, EA sports typically shuts off the previous year's servers when the new game comes out. So you'll only have about 3 months of online game play left for '12.

Thanks

Yes, you can create online franchises with your friends and play against each other. That is almost exclusively how I play. I like building a team about as much as I like playing the game itself. I don't think you can play co-op online in the franchise mode tho, if that is what you're asking.

Madden '12 does have online franchise mode with multiple owners. Last season i had an online franchsie and there were 8 of us playing. We set a deadline amongst ourselves as to when your game for a week had to be finished. We did have some issues at times connecting for the human vs human games. It's separate from the off-line franchise mode.

Just remember tho, unless things have changed, EA sports typically shuts off the previous year's servers when the new game comes out. So you'll only have about 3 months of online game play left for '12.

I plan on getting the new one when it comes out anyway. I'm just wondering if I can play with my buddies in the same franchise mode. So how does that work if we both have the game but we want to update the rosters like what Flap did? Can we both update the same rosters and play it that way? Or do we just start the franchise mode and then make trades and cuts and stuff?

I plan on getting the new one when it comes out anyway. I'm just wondering if I can play with my buddies in the same franchise mode. So how does that work if we both have the game but we want to update the rosters like what Flap did? Can we both update the same rosters and play it that way? Or do we just start the franchise mode and then make trades and cuts and stuff?

I believe you can use whatever rosters you want. Whoever sets up the franchise (the commissioner) just has to load the rosters that they want the league to use before they create the franchise. If they are different than what one of the other users has, when you start the game, it will update the rosters to whatever the commission had set when he created the franchise.

Yes, you can create online franchises with your friends and play against each other. That is almost exclusively how I play. I like building a team about as much as I like playing the game itself. I don't think you can play co-op online in the franchise mode tho, if that is what you're asking.

I wanna play online with one friend and have a season. For arguments sake I wanna be the Bills and he wants to be the Giants. Can we both play in the same season in the same franchise mode? Basically we want to have a competition on stats and meet in the superbowl against one another.

Also, I asked already but I'll ask again here, if we can do this, can we make updates to these rosters like you linked?in the same franchise mode or do we start fhe mode and then just cut amd trade players individually on our own?