No way we take a kicker with our..

Buffan00

Seriously, alot of people here dont like Lindell, BUT he has NOT had that bad of a year. And if you look at the big picture, it is not our weakness!! OL, DL, CB and maybe TE should go WAY before a PK. Especially since we have only 1 good pick this year. And if TD sticks to his word on "best available player" regardless of need, then it definently wont be Nugent or any other PK.

I promise you that when the Bills win the Super Bowl, it won't be with Lindell as kicker. I have no qualms with drafting a great kicker in the second round, but I don't think TD places that much of an emphasis on that position, which is the reason why we have Lindell in the first place.

Lindell has been very good at close range but he is questionable on longer field goals and his kickoffs are weak.

I think that Mike Nugent of Ohio state could help the special teams be even more dominant.

I would not be disappointed if the Bills took Mike Nugent in the 3rd round

184906[/snapback]

It's a no brainer. Take him and our over 40 yds achilles heel will be healed.

Seriously, alot of people here dont like Lindell, BUT he has NOT had that bad of a year. And if you look at the big picture, it is not our weakness!! OL, DL, CB and maybe TE should go WAY before a PK. Especially since we have only 1 good pick this year. And if TD sticks to his word on "best available player" regardless of need, then it definently wont be Nugent or any other PK.

184761[/snapback]

No need, Mike Nugent should be available in the 3rd round according to most draft pages.

Lindell has been very good at close range but he is questionable on longer field goals and his kickoffs are weak.

I think that Mike Nugent of Ohio state could help the special teams be even more dominant.

I would not be disappointed if the Bills took Mike Nugent in the 3rd round

184906[/snapback]

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

If we get him, they've got to play "Stranglehold" every time he comes onfield.

Lindell is a huge problem to this team.  Yeah his stats are okay, but thats only because Mularkey uses him consistently when its inside the 30!  Take Nuge in the 2nd or 3rd round and we'll have a weapon instead of a limitation at kicker.

184948[/snapback]

I'm starting to agree. Someone else started a thread a couple months back about Nugent being our 2nd round pick. I stated then that I thought the Bills wouldn't consider it. They probably still wouldn't... but it might not be a bad idea. Nugent isn't just another good Kicker. He looks like he could be a top 5 Kicker in his rookie year. As a Buckeye fan, I've seen him make many 50 yard + FG's with amazing consistency. Most of his kickoffs are never returned.

The Bills are a team that stresses field position and will take the 3 points, when given the opportunity. Lindell is very shaky beyond 35 yards, let alone 40. That's eventually going to cost you a game or two. I'm sure a lot depends on how the Bills lineup looks after making some moves in March free agency. If they see the starting lineup no longer has any gaping holes and the draft is a depth only exercise, then Nugent may be considered as the final missing piece. I wouldn't be surprised if someone grabbed him in round 2. Round 3 would be a steal. He's a rare talent.

Bottomline, if Nugent played in the NFL two years ago when he was a Soph in college, he would have been in the top five kickers in the league.

Next season, he will be the #1 kicker. The guy is as close to automatic as they come ... and from all distances.

Lindell is as good of a kicker as Baby Joe Mesi is a Boxer.

Both have very good percentages, because the people controlling when they will work (Coach Mularky, and whoever Mesi manager is) won't let them go up against a big challenge. Lindell's percentage is good because anything over 45 is either a punt, fake punt, or 4th and go for it. Mesi never lost because he never fought anyone worth fighting.

Lindell is as good of a kicker as Baby Joe Mesi is a Boxer.

Both have very good percentages, because the people controlling when they will work (Coach Mularky, and whoever Mesi manager is) won't let them go up against a big challenge. Lindell's percentage is good because anything over 45 is either a punt, fake punt, or 4th and go for it. Mesi never lost because he never fought anyone worth fighting.

185037[/snapback]

I'm an analogy guy and this is as close to perfect as you can get. To take it a step further over 40 yards is a legitimate heavyweight! :doh: I hope this guy doesn't cost us in the playoffs.

Lindell has NOT been a money kicker, this year or ever. Fortunately, the Bills have yet to be in a position where we need a 45-yarder to win a game. Look at what Vinitieri has done for the Pats. Remember what is like when we had Steve Christie?

There's no question Lindell has the leg, but hallf the job is mental. I would definitely consider a high pick for a kicker like a Nugent from Ohio State, if we was going to be a money player. The price is steep, but a good kicker can win you 2-3 games a year...sometimes even a Super Bowl.

Face it...the Bills kicking game is suspect. We're just lucky it hasn't cost us a game in this playoff run.

PTR