Colts singed Travis Brown to active roster

syhuang

You mean to say that Travis Brown has been a free agent all this time?  Why isn't he back with the Bills for the tenth time!  :doh:

184605[/snapback]

Colts signed Brown to their practice squad after he reached the injury settlement with Bills. I believe Bills weren't allowed to sign him back then.

A lot of teams will pick up QB's at this time of year who they think have specific comparable attributes to QB's they are likely to face in the playoffs, or who might have some useful insights. Brown would know something about the Bills, and if Denver were to make it Brown can probably throw picks just like Jake Plummer would.

Here is something from a Len P article:

"Conventional wisdom holds, of course, that the slate gets wiped clean for the playoffs and that all dozen postseason franchises begin the pursuit of a Super Bowl title from scratch. Technically that is true. In application and in history, however, that isn't necessarily the case. Since the league instituted the 12-team playoff format in 1990, teams that advanced to the playoffs on regular-season winning streaks of three or more games won more than 70 percent of their postseason openers."

Manning is a student of the game, as is Dungy, and both have been in the situation of being able to rest in week 17 and then losing in the first game of the playoffs. I don't think it happens again and that they try to put the game away early.

There is a God.

184937[/snapback]

Is there any doubt that Travis Brown won't be a Bill again next year? The Bills keep "breaking up" with him and then taking him back.

Seriously though - I hope that before we turn the reigns over to Losman, we get a solid backup. Drew has been an extremely durable quarterback (much like Peyton, Favre, etc.) so I've never been too worried about a backup. But we can't assume Losman will be as durable. (I hope he is but he is a scrambler and scramblers seem to get hurt more often.)

Here's my conspiracy theory: The Colts are expecting to face Buffalo in the playoffs and what better way to prepare than to pick someone up that knows our entire playbook. Brown - you bastard!!!!!

Knows the playbook?! I am not sure Mularkey knows whats in the playbook! Remember, when Travis was here, Henry was the RB. We were tryign to find a way to protect drew. Evans was mearly a blip on our offensive radar. We were throwing every pass to EM, and trying to incorporate Reed. We had 2-3 decent TE's which we no longer have, and I doubt many of mularkeys trick plays were developed so early.

If anything, Brown might be able to help them read our defense a little better, but I suspect payton is more than capable of doing that himself.

I just hope he wants to help out his old team, and let us in the playoffs by trouncing the broncos.

Here's my conspiracy theory:  The Colts are expecting to face Buffalo in the playoffs and what better way to prepare than to pick someone up that knows our entire playbook.  Brown - you bastard!!!!!

184929[/snapback]

They could know the whole playbook and the colts sorry D still wouldn't stop us. PLus it wouldnt tip them off about our D any, esp. since Brown hasnt been around since camp.

This poster is not worried about Travis brown, only about the Brocnos Jets and Steelers. Not until sunday is over and we're in the playoffs will I be able to rest peacefully.