Unbelievably stupid college "tradition" at Texas- UT

Buftex

This happened today, just a few hours ago, a few blocks from where I work...luckily, this kid is okay...I just can't believe the stupid things "young adults" (and old adults for that matter) do sometimes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmX1nU-hIXw

From what I am told, by students at work, having a "sword fight" in traffic, on what is a very busy street, on the last day of classes is some sort of UT tradition! Perhaps Bluefire can offer some insight?

Edited by Buftex

Who can remember to look both ways during a sword fight?

btw, the kid who ran in front of the bus looks suspiciously small and young compared to most of the crowd.

Yeah, he is wearing what looks like a Catholic school uniform...

devils advocate....the tradition is not stupid...it appears to be two sides claiming to be better than the other....the stupid part is the participants....who the f*** gets hit by a bus when your sole intention is to sit on the side of a road and taunt another side of the road....texas is supposed to be a high intelligence university yet some dumbass walks off a sidewalk into a bus....

tradition is good...ban buses....i cannot beleive in the 21st century we have these death machines going after innocent human beings....

devils advocate....the tradition is not stupid...it appears to be two sides claiming to be better than the other....the stupid part is the participants....who the f*** gets hit by a bus when your sole intention is to sit on the side of a road and taunt another side of the road....texas is supposed to be a high intelligence university yet some dumbass walks off a sidewalk into a bus....

tradition is good...ban buses....i cannot beleive in the 21st century we have these death machines going after innocent human beings....

There was a great stand-up bit (I forget by whom) where he claims he can judge the intelligence of the US each year by how many people are killed by trains. "It's not like they can come and get ya!"