1. 1. What Game Did You Begin to Believe in the 04 Bills

• 0-4 I always knew we could make it
    • 3-6 The NE loss was obviously a turning point
    • 4-6 They turned it around when they came from 10 on STL
    • 5-7 Winning a road game made me a believer
    • 8-6 Beating Cincy showed they could beat a tier B team
    • 9-6 Who can deny a winning record
    • 10-6 They still need to make the playoffs to make me billieve

This a more positive way of framing my earlier question/apology of when/if folks gave up hope. I loved the answers it generated, because I think many people never lost hope though logic told us that we were done. This is pro football who needs logic?

This is a question of when you (or if you) became a believer.

Though I never lost hope I really did not believe there was anyway the Bills could come back and salvage this season after we got creamed in NE. However, I slipped into a one game at a time mode I have remained in until last weekend.

It wasn't that beating a sorry SF team (even on the road) was such great shakes. I think someone who framed it as:

Even after 4 wns in a row and manhandling Cleveland, the concept of winning out was still so unlikely and we would need help anyway that even though I believed in my heart, my head still said no way.

After we beat a tier B level team in Cincy (they aren't good but at least they are headed in the right direction comfortably the occurences around the league in terms of us getting help were still unlikely but at least possible.

We slapped SF as expected, but getting the help of both Baltimore losing (expected) and Jax losing (possible but unexpected) suddenly the possible still isn't likely but if we cam do what we're supposed to do first and formost then its very very possible we could make the playoffs.

I pretty comfortably became a BILLIEVER last weekend.

Still, I like the MM attitude that he will not talk about the playoffs atall because there are still things we have to do and still help we need that we cannot control.

One thing is for sure. I am proud of these Bills today and hope and expect to be prouder of them after the Steelers game. The other two games will take care of themselves and win or lose no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills

When Jacksonville lost was the 1st time I thought we could actually make the playoffs. I never saw us worse than 7-9, even when we were 0-4, because the schedule still had Miami twice, Cleve, SF, Ariz, and the Rams-who are a horrible team off their ping pong table. I figured we'd pick up one more game from the rest to get to 7, but I never expected the 6 game winning streak.

The Jet game that we lost is the one that made me step up and take notice. The Jets were hot then and we were playing them in their house. We suddenly started throwing the ball in the 4th quarter, especially on first down after trying to pound the ball against stacked fronts all day. We scored easily and Willis came off the bench and had some nice runs. That was the first sign I remember seeing of what we are now seeing every week.

The game against the Seahawks because it was on the road and the Seahawks were still respectable. The margin of victory and the fact that Willis had 4 touchdowns made me think something special was happening. Or maybe it was the case of beer I drank at the stadium. Either way, I knew we turned it around then.

When Jerry Sullivan told me to start believing this past Monday.

184423[/snapback]

You aren't going to wait for Mark Weiler to tell you to start believing? ;)

I believed from the beginning. Earliest evidence from the Wall that I can pull up of me saying anything about us having a hope for the playoffs is right after our 2nd win. I wasn't ready to concede the season being over until we were mathematically eliminated, those who said at the time "realistically eliminated" be damned. I don't post too much on it as I jinx things too much (anyone (besides Jack in Syr) remember my former title and how I got it?).

You aren't going to wait for Mark Weiler to tell you to start believing?  ;)

I believed from the beginning.  Earliest evidence from the Wall that I can pull up of me saying anything about us having a hope for the playoffs is right after our 2nd win.  I wasn't ready to concede the season being over until we were mathematically eliminated, those who said at the time "realistically eliminated" be damned.  I don't post too much on it as I jinx things too much (anyone (besides Jack in Syr) remember my former title and how I got it?).

184438[/snapback]

Weiler has as much credibilty as the Iraqi Minister of Information. " We are are 0-15. Don't believe what you read ! "

Weiler has as much credibilty as the Iraqi Minister of Information. " We are are 0-15. Don't believe what you read ! "

184444[/snapback]

Ha ho! I might refer to him from now on as Chemical Mark. He hasn't gassed anybody but judging from his most recent column he must be on some mind-altering substance to conveniently ignore some facts as he makes huge jumps in logic.

Somewhere lost in the netherworld of bits and bytes is my prediction of an undefeated season, through the Superbowl. Just as it is every season, just as I do every year. I don't care if Todd Collins is starting, this is my team, and they're going to make it.

How I've managed to avoid being committed all these years is beyond my obviously diminished mental capacity.

But I'm loving every minute of it! Go Bills!