what our draft board probably really looked like

Any chance we trade back into the 2nd?

I assume you mean get a 2nd Round 2 pick? Anything is possible. If Cordy Glenn is at 41 he is the pick. If Stephen Hill is still floating around Chan may coax Buddy into trading one of the extra 3's to get him.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I don't think it looked liked that. My take before the draft after hearing Nix speak was that Gilmore was the "no-brainer" he spoke of. He spoke glowingly about Gilmore more so than any other player. The Bills took absolutely no time in getting their selection in when they could have fielded some calls - that tells you the player they really wanted was still available.

My guess is that the Bills had Gilmore rated higher than Barron or Keuchly.

Since they were both gone before the Bills picked, you can not claim to know that they wanted Gilmore over Keuchely or Barron.

I don't think it looked liked that. My take before the draft after hearing Nix speak was that Gilmore was the "no-brainer" he spoke of. He spoke glowingly about Gilmore more so than any other player. The Bills took absolutely no time in getting their selection in when they could have fielded some calls - that tells you the player they really wanted was still available.

Since they were both gone before the Bills picked, you can not claim to know that they wanted Gilmore over Keuchely or Barron.

And I didn't claim to know, hence the words, "my guess..."

Short of Kalil, Claiborne, or Blackmon dropping to 10, Gilmore dropping was probably best scenario for Bills. Bills probably take Gilmore over Kuechly, Tannehill, and maybe even Barron. Judging by how the rest of the draft went, Floyd was probably the only other consideration at #10.

Also looks like Bills won't have to reach for an OT or WR at #41.

agreed.

but like he mentions, buddy very much said there would be a player that if he made it to 10 would be a run to the podium type of pick for them. it seems they ran to the podium on this one. i dont think it was a matter of "ok since all those guys are gone, i guess we will go this direction."

Edited by NoSaint

Dream Guys Kahlil or Claiborne

Realistic Options

1st. Barron

2nd. Luke Kuecley <----butchered but don't matter he ain't a Bill

3rd. Gilmore

4th Floyd

5th Reiff

2nd Rd should be fun

I'm pretty sure they had Gilmore ahead of Kuechly...Buddy was asked point blank what was more important, CB or LB if both had similar Grades, and he said CB immediately...I think it was Barron, Gilmore, Kuechly, then Floyd... B-)