Draft Day and I don't know what the hell Buffalo is gonna do!

The Bills are moving up, they're moving down, they're moving all around, they're taking this guy, not taking that guy!!! Who knows what they are going to do because I sure the hell don't but who cares, I love it!!! I do know one thing and that is we are going to do great and I can't wait!!! I have been up since 6:00 AM, laying in bed wide awake imaging all the possibilities!!! I haven't felt like this since I was a little kid on Christmas morning! The difference is I can't jump out of bed and run to the tree but that will be happening tonight!!! Lol!

Go Bills, you bad mother!@#$ers!!!

Edited by Tipster19

Yeah, either way I'm looking forward to watching the first 10 picks unfold tonight. I was stuck at a work event out of town last year for the draft, so I kept checking my phone constantly. I feel there was a lot less drama and uncertainty last year with having the #3 pick, we knew we would basically end up with one of three studs.

I'm now convinced it's Barron, just because I never know what the hell Buddy's doing and I never thought drafting him until the reports last night.

On one hand, I understand drafting a replacement to an aged starter. On the other hand: why draft Searcy if you're not going to kick his tires more?

Edited by ndirish1978

I'm now convinced it's Barron, just because I never know what the hell Buddy's doing and I never thought drafting him until the reports last night.

On one hand, I understand drafting a replacement to an aged starter. On the other hand: why draft Searcy if you're not going to kick his tires more?

i know he's listed as a SS, but I've read he is capable of playing both spots.

I guarantee you that nodoby knows except Buddy Nix. Last year, our picking Marcel was somewhat predictable. The year before, how many people thought we would pick up CJ?

at this point, I don't even think Buddy knows for sure. Minnesota is really the big domino in this draft. Our draft hinges on what they decide to do. They could:

1.) trade with us, we grab Kalil.

2.) Take Kalil or trade the pick to a team who takes Kalil. Then we shift our focus to another player or consider moving down.

3.) Take another player or trade to a team that takes someone other than Kalil. Then Buddy starts working the phones to continue to get a deal in place to move up for Kalil.

That third pick is going to be the jump off point. I cannot wait for the draft to get started.

The Bills are in such a great spot. Their roster is solid with no huge glaring holes. They have starters they are comfortable with at all positions and are simply looking to upgrade. They have lots of picks available to maneuver around the draft to secure the players they feel with give them the biggest upgrades. I think they are in good position and have so much wiggle room, they almost can't lose.

If they trade up, they get a great player (Kalil).

If they stay put, the get a solid player at a position or need (WR, CB, LB or S) and still have the rest of their picks.

If they slide down, they get extra picks and have better odds of hitting on atleast a few of them. And it allows them to take a player they like in a better value position.

Tonight is going to be fun.

What if the bills were moving up NOT to get The OL Kalil? What if they got the WR Blackman? I know all the (so called) guru's say we need a LT but, We might be able to pick one up later in the draft to add compatition in camp. Hard to let a real weapon like Blackman just get away if were at 3. Wow! SJ13 and JB81 on either side? Could be trouble for teh AFC East!!!!

I can't really think of many picks that I'd be against, so I'm already pleased going into the draft. :)

We have a couple holes, but there isn't a perfect match for them at our spot... as far as I'm concerned, just take the best player available and go from there.

at this point, I don't even think Buddy knows for sure. Minnesota is really the big domino in this draft. Our draft hinges on what they decide to do. They could:

1.) trade with us, we grab Kalil.

2.) Take Kalil or trade the pick to a team who takes Kalil. Then we shift our focus to another player or consider moving down.

3.) Take another player or trade to a team that takes someone other than Kalil. Then Buddy starts working the phones to continue to get a deal in place to move up for Kalil.

That third pick is going to be the jump off point. I cannot wait for the draft to get started.

The Bills are in such a great spot. Their roster is solid with no huge glaring holes. They have starters they are comfortable with at all positions and are simply looking to upgrade. They have lots of picks available to maneuver around the draft to secure the players they feel with give them the biggest upgrades. I think they are in good position and have so much wiggle room, they almost can't lose.

If they trade up, they get a great player (Kalil).

If they stay put, the get a solid player at a position or need (WR, CB, LB or S) and still have the rest of their picks.

If they slide down, they get extra picks and have better odds of hitting on atleast a few of them. And it allows them to take a player they like in a better value position.

Tonight is going to be fun.

Yes it is. I can't see us trading up, because I think Buddy is looking to upgrade our depth, and it needs quite a bit of upgrading.

Yes it is. I can't see us trading up, because I think Buddy is looking to upgrade our depth, and it needs quite a bit of upgrading.

I totally agree. As much as I would love to have Kalil let's not mortgage our future. We'd be far better off just shoring up our depth this year and if we want to be more aggressive in the draft then let's do it next year if need be when our team should be much more solidified.

I've been visiting TBD multiple times a day since free agency as a classic lurker. Haven't posted anything, partly because I don't feel qualified to say either way who the Bills should or will pick. But I've really enjoyed the suspense. I told my coworkers that I can't wait for the draft tonight and they kind of looked at me like I was a moron. Whatever... I've really had a fun offseason ever since free agency and will have a few beers in hand to see how everything shakes out tonight. For the record, I agree with JW-- I think its Barron but would love it if we trade up for Kalil or if Blackmon falls to us. And if we take Martin in the 2nd. But what the hell do I know? LOL!

Let's start with Day One, since that's the easiest.

The Bills will select the best player available when they pick at the #10-spot, Stanford's David DeCastro (Right Guard), the highest rated OL in this years draft - who allowed just one sack his entire college career and only 14 tackles of any kind in 2011. DeCastro is 'pro-ready' right out of the chute, and has the kind of attitude all coaches love in offensive linemen...

"He arrives angry and focused and ready to dominate - and expects everybody else to be the same," current Stanford head coach David Shaw recently said.

Look for the Bills to accumulate 3000+ rushing yards this season as DeCastro becomes the best NFL guard since John Hannah, blowing open huge holes for Bills backs to burst though with ease...all season long...for years to come.

I'll have a better idea what we'll do in rounds 2 and 3 after tonight. (After we learn which 20-30 players of the 50-60 projected to go in the first round are still available on Friday. B-) )

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

post-2970-009774600 1335458064_thumb.jpg