Rick Gosselin, Dallas Morning News Mock

devldog131

Looks like Rick Gosselin received a promotion to columnist and will no longer be putting together his mocks. That really is too bad, as he was the most accurate out there.

"11:28 - Rick Gosselin: I'm a columnist now and the Dallas Morning News wants me to focus on my columns, not the draft. So there are no future plans for me to return to the draft. I had a great 20-year run working the draft. I tell folks I gave up the best job in America for a promotion -- and the draft was a big part in why I felt I had the best job in any newspaper sports section."

Chat replay: Rick Gosselin answers your NFL Draft and other sports-related questions

Looks like Rick Gosselin received a promotion to columnist and will no longer be putting together his mocks. That really is too bad, as he was the most accurate out there.

"11:28 - Rick Gosselin: I'm a columnist now and the Dallas Morning News wants me to focus on my columns, not the draft. So there are no future plans for me to return to the draft. I had a great 20-year run working the draft. I tell folks I gave up the best job in America for a promotion -- and the draft was a big part in why I felt I had the best job in any newspaper sports section."

Chat replay: Rick Gosselin answers your NFL Draft and other sports-related questions

Bummer, indeed. He was actually pretty good with his predictions over the years.

GO BILLS!!!

thats ridiculous. his mocks were probably the most nationally sought out thing the DMN puts out any given year.

perhaps some other reason? or DMN just being nuts?

It was a lot of work.

Unlike many media mockers, Gosselin reached out to team sources he'd cultivated leaguewide over many years, picked their brains and then made his picks. It wasn't some 5-minute wonder like so many of the mocks that keep picking Reiff for the Bills because he's the second-rated OT prospect.

You know, good old fashion journalism. Right there on the shelf next to the high button shoes and buggy whips...

It was a lot of work.

Unlike many media mockers, Gosselin reached out to team sources he'd cultivated leaguewide over many years, picked their brains and then made his picks. It wasn't some 5-minute wonder like so many of the mocks that keep picking Reiff for the Bills because he's the second-rated OT prospect.

You know, good old fashion journalism. Right there on the shelf next to the high button shoes and buggy whips...

i know - and thats why im amazed the DMN would cut it. It stood out as one of the gold standards in a pretty high profile industry full of pretenders. the type of thing that even though it would pull him off a few articles, probably got more attention then the paper has gotten on ANYTHING else all year.

i know - and thats why im amazed the DMN would cut it. It stood out as one of the gold standards in a pretty high profile industry full of pretenders. the type of thing that even though it would pull him off a few articles, probably got more attention then the paper has gotten on ANYTHING else all year.

Yeah, and how much money did the DMN get from us reading it for free on their webpage! :doh:

(although they now charge for access, I see)

Their parent company (Belo) is really struggling financially.

Yeah, and how much money did the DMN get from us reading it for free on their webpage! :doh:

(although they now charge for access, I see)

There's a very easy way to get around their firewall. 0:)

Bummer, indeed. He was actually pretty good with his predictions over the years.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep - I always sought out his mocks since they ALMOST always were the most accurate.

I have switched over this year (due to attrition) to CBS' Clark Judge who has a decent record.

Here's his latest: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

he has us taking Floyd. I am still hoping for Keuchly

This guy is also pretty good:

http://draftace.com/blog/mockdraft/mike-band-mock-draft/

I am waiting for him to update his mock. His latest (from April 14th) also has us taking Floyd

Edited by richNjoisy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.