PFT: Fred Jackson says 'contract not a concern'

Exactly correct - Freddy has already played his tail off so it's time for the reward.

I agree it is time to reward him, but also think the Bills should protect themselves from the over 30 rb curse. Give him a healthy signing bonus and a good base this year. The next two season the base is much less but has considerable incentives for staying healthy.

He is a great guy, and it helps the team if the Bills show they appreciate him. This will only build comradery.

I agree it is time to reward him, but also think the Bills should protect themselves from the over 30 rb curse. Give him a healthy signing bonus and a good base this year. The next two season the base is much less but has considerable incentives for staying healthy.

He is a great guy, and it helps the team if the Bills show they appreciate him. This will only build comradery.

That is what CJ is for. Even if Freddy stars to decline say 2 seasons from now we're still gonna need 2 starting RB cause lets be honest, CJ is a good player, and I hope he turns into a great player, but I haven't seen anything from him suggesting that he is ready to step in full-time (ie. blocking/ dancing). If Freddy isn't asking for anything outrageous then we could be set at RB for the next few years.

Really we're in a great situation as far as our running game goes, I just don't understand why so many people want to trade Freddy. It's just opening up a hole on the team when we still have enough to fill as it is.

http://youtu.be/WrjwaqZfjIY

Past performance is a factor in what you're paid because of what the team believes you can contribute in the 'future'. It is not a reason to be paid.

What the team believes you can contribute in the future is largely based upon what you've done in the past. How can past performance not be a reason to be paid in a future contract? It really doesn't make any difference in the conversation but since you seem to be nit-picking (and not realizing that I was using the same words as a poster a few posts above me for a reason)... there you go.

So... anything to contribute or not?

Not for nothing, but why are Chad Rinehart and Kraig Urbik not signed yet? I know the RFA period is up. So, when do they sign?

The other Buffalo UFAs that remained unsigned are Reggie Corner, Andra Davis, Reggie Torbor. I won't mention the kicker Dave Rayner. :ph34r:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/OL-Urbik-Rinehart-re-sign/4774ff18-df5d-46dc-a107-e8261ef987ad

What the team believes you can contribute in the future is largely based upon what you've done in the past. How can past performance not be a reason to be paid in a future contract? It really doesn't make any difference in the conversation but since you seem to be nit-picking (and not realizing that I was using the same words as a poster a few posts above me for a reason)... there you go.

So... anything to contribute or not?

So a running back has the best season ever, but loses his leg and is now a free agent. Time to give him a blockbuster deal.