Who's the guy with the accurate mocks?

Virgil

There is a guy who runs an article for somewhere in Texas that usually comes in the most accurate. I forget his name every year.

Anyone?

Rick Gosselin from the Dallas Morning News - thing is he waits til the last minute so it's not out yet.

See...that's the thing. I'm pretty good the night before the draft because there's so much information out there, but I want to know who has a good feel right now. Traditionally, outside the top 3 picks, anyone is lucky to guess 2 picks right a week before the draft. Just print one off and compare. There's always a Jake Locker or Tyson Alualu who throws it off.

Who has the best feel at this point....I don't really know. I'd be curious as to whom you'all think is good.

Rick Gosselin with the Dallas Morning News is really accurate but he usually only puts on 1 version of a mock and its right before draft usually.

In the past he has put out several. One based on his player rankings etc. but his final is usually pretty close. Unfortunately the DMN went subscription about 15 months ago.

Of course based on what Maddog sez none of this matters any more.

Correct Maddog. He's done doing mocks. He also stated in the past that he didn't spend a ton of time analyzing film and that most of the info he got was from talking directly to personnel from various teams. Which of course, meant his mocks were based on reality and not some Mel Kiper fantasy projection. I'm bummed he's not doing them anymore.

I read this morning that Gosselin will not be doing a mock draft anymore because he is now a full time columnist for the paper.

I hope this is untrue. His mocks are usually very well done.

Gosselin was promoted an now says he will not have the time to do mocks. I always used him as my main "squeeze" for mocks . I was

disappointed but oh well...

Rick Gosselin with the Dallas Morning News is really accurate but he usually only puts on 1 version of a mock and its right before draft usually.

Yes…

See...that's the thing. I'm pretty good the night before the draft because there's so much information out there, but I want to know who has a good feel right now. Traditionally, outside the top 3 picks, anyone is lucky to guess 2 picks right a week before the draft. Just print one off and compare. There's always a Jake Locker or Tyson Alualu who throws it off.

Who has the best feel at this point....I don't really know. I'd be curious as to whom you'all think is good.

Well, the draft's only one week off…

In the past he has put out several. One based on his player rankings etc. but his final is usually pretty close. Unfortunately the DMN went subscription about 15 months ago.

Of course based on what Maddog sez none of this matters any more.

So in addition to him not doing the mock draft anymore, as many found out last year, you had to get a subscription to the paper in order to see it.

I guess Nawrocki's is the one to watch now.