LB Kuechly and QB Osweiler at One Bills Drive today.

I would love nothing more than to see these two in a Bills uniform this season. Kuechly is going to be a stud, and everything I've seen on Osweiler (game film, interviews, etc) makes me believe he is the perfect Qb to take the reins from Fitz in a couple of seasons!! Lets make it happen, Buddy!!

I'm not singling you out here, just your comment because it's a fairly common meme around here, this idea that Fitz is somehow a place holder until the real Bills QB is found. And apparently quite a few people feel just about anyone who's ever thrown a ball in college will do. I don't know if they secretly believe Chan has a QB Developer Machine in his basement that you put a guy in, then come back in two years and, voila!, there's your next Hall of Famer.

People suggest the Bills should invest a couple of years in one of these guys. But that's exactly what they're doing right now with Fitzbeardy. Last season was his first full one as the announced starter. And he had to do it without off-season training camp for himself and the rest of the team. The 2012 season will actually be his first with a full off-season as the designated starter since he came into the league. So maybe we can see what he does this year before chipping in on a Greyhound ticket.

I'm not singling you out here, just your comment because it's a fairly common meme around here, this idea that Fitz is somehow a place holder until the real Bills QB is found. And apparently quite a few people feel just about anyone who's ever thrown a ball in college will do. I don't know if they secretly believe Chan has a QB Developer Machine in his basement that you put a guy in, then come back in two years and, voila!, there's your next Hall of Famer.

People suggest the Bills should invest a couple of years in one of these guys. But that's exactly what they're doing right now with Fitzbeardy. Last season was his first full one as the announced starter. And he had to do it without off-season training camp for himself and the rest of the team. The 2012 season will actually be his first with a full off-season as the designated starter since he came into the league. So maybe we can see what he does this year before chipping in on a Greyhound ticket.

It's cool, I don't think you're singling me out and I definitely see what you're saying. But my point is just that I would love to see a young guy brought in to do something similar to that of Aaron Rodgers, and that is sit and learn the game from front to back, and potentially be a great QB in a couple of seasons. I don't think that just anyone who has thrown a ball will do, I just truly believe that the ceiling for Osweiler is much higher than Fitz's. I also think Osweiler would do well in Chan's offense, because he did similar things successfully in his time at ASU. And I am not trying to run Fitz out of town, because that's absolutely not the case. But he is 29, which is not old by QB standards, but if he starts until he is 32 and then you bring in a 24 year old Osweiler in 2014 or so, I think it's the perfect recipe for the Bills offensively. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have definitely become a believer in Osweiler through his game tape, interviews, and everything else.

When people say they're concerned about Kuechly's speed (despite the fact he ran a 4.58 at the combine *after* putting on 5 pounds of muscle) it's just a politically correct euphemism for their concern over drafting a white LB, right?

Love how everyone proceeds to jump the floyd bandwagon now. He had his problems he's been great since. To me I will truly be disappointed with any other pick at 10. He fills a major need, he's a great player/value, and he could really give us quality depth at w.r

I hope you weren't referring to me. I have alway stayed far away from that wagon. I know I should care about the on-field stuff more, but the way he interviews doesn't sit well with me. Regardless, I just want a solid football player. I have a feeling the brass likes Reiff more than we do.

When people say they're concerned about Kuechly's speed (despite the fact he ran a 4.58 at the combine *after* putting on 5 pounds of muscle) it's just a politically correct euphemism for their concern over drafting a white LB, right?

No...Nooooo...

*shifts eyes*

It's just that he has "deceptive" speed for a "non-stop motor" and "lunch-pail" player.

Kurt Warner came into the 1999 season as the Rams' second string QB, but he did okay that year.

Even in high school, Joe Montana displayed uncanny accuracy.

Fitz bounced around the league for several years before coming to the Bills, and he's been with this team for a few years now. Trent Edwards was released early in the 2010 season. Fitz was the unquestioned starter for almost all of 2010, and all of 2011. He's already had his first full off season as the designated starter.

And yet he still has accuracy issues. In the first game against the Patriots, he threw several passes which should have been interceptions. Fortunately for him, a combination of the Bills' WRs playing good pass defense, and the Patriots' DBs not being very good at intercepting, prevented those passes from getting picked off. Defenses started catching up to him--and to Chan's Fitz-oriented offense--even before his rib injury. In his two most recent seasons, Fitz has averaged 6.7 and 6.8 yards per attempt. This compares to a career average of 6.5 yards per attempt for Trent Edwards, and a needed career average of 7.2 - 7.4 yards per attempt to be considered franchise. The reason for Fitz's pedestrian average is his lack of accuracy, and odds are heavily against that lack getting corrected at this late stage in his career. If Joe Montana could figure out how to be a very accurate high school quarterback, why can't Fitz figure out how to be accurate after all his years in the NFL?

No matter what the Bills do on draft day, Fitz will go into this season as the unquestioned starter. He'll have every opportunity to prove me wrong. For the sake of the team, I hope he succeeds. Also Fitz is a good guy, giving me another reason to hope for his success. But hope and belief are not the same thing. This team needs a franchise QB if it's going to win the Super Bowl. Not just a guy who's "good enough to get you by." Thus far, Fitz has not played at or near a franchise QB level. Unless that changes, the Bills will not win a Super Bowl with him under center. We don't have the talent at other positions to be the Ravens of 2000, and that's not going to change any time soon.

For a guy with well documented character concerns, that would be an insane thing for a GM to do at pick #10. Nix brought in both Spiller and Dareus for pre-draft visits and neither on of them had such issues.

You're obviously free to believe what you want, but it's clear to me that Nix is not interested in Floyd. I stand by my zero chance prediction.

By chance, do you happen to be a Notre Dame hater?? If not, you sure come off as one. Whole lotof drama and exaggeration about Floyd and his "issues". There are a few of youmaround here that really like to exaggerate and make him out to be an axe murderer.

http://www.buffalobi...91-c1fc214f79fc

So with those names, the following individuals have visited One Bills Drive this offseason:

Ohio State offensive tackle Mike Adams (4/4).

Alabama safety Mark Barron (4/16).

Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon (4/?).

Clemson defensive end Andre Branch (3/29).

TCU linebacker Tank Carder (4/2).

Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins (3/31).

Mississippi State defensive tackle Fletcher Cox (4/17).

Oklahoma cornerback Jamell Fleming (4/17).

South Carolina cornerback Stephon Gilmore (4/17).

Georgia tackle/guard Cordy Glenn (3/?).

Alabama linebacker Dont'a Hightower (?/?).

South Carolina defensive end Melvin Ingram (4/17).

West Virginia linebacker Bruce Irvin (?/?).

Syracuse defensive end Chandler Jones (4/4).

USC offensive tackle Matt Kalil (4/5).

Alabama cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (4/5).

Stanford offensive tackle Jonathan Martin (?/?).

Boise State linebacker Shea McClellin (4/16).

Illinois defensive end Whitney Mercilus (?/?).

Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler (4/18).

Boston College linebacker Luke Kuechly (4/18)

Appalachian State receiver Brian Quick (?/?).

Alabama running back Trent Richardson (4/4).

Central Florida cornerback Josh Robinson (4/16).

Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill (4/17).

Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson (4/4).

That's 26 names announced out of 30. Bills posted on their website today though that Osweiller and Kuechly are the last of the pre draft visits which begs the question...who are the unannounced 4 that pushes the Bills to 30?

Thanks to Malta and Lynchmob for providing the complete lists.

One thing I noticed is that the Bills brought in 5 cornerbacks but not Janoris Jenkins. This brings me to my second thought:

Also, Blackmon got arrested for a DUI after leaving the state during a game week, drinking underage while driving 92 mph. And the Bills brought him in for a visit. If the Bills were going to just disqualify players off their draft lists, that is just as bad as Floyd's DWI considering the speed he was going and the coach didn't know anything about him taking the trip.

Everything in life is a grey scale… that is to say, relative. Reiff also had an incident. So did Bruce Irvin. Both of them were brought in for visits. As Kelly points out, Blackmon was brought in too.

Janoris Jenkins didn't visit, nor did Floyd.

Perhaps a matter of degree?