Time to go for broke...trade up for Kalil

This team needs to make the playoffs this year. I think they should make a power move for Kalil. Minnesota is years away from being a contender in that division and they need multiple picks. They have too many holes to fill. I would do whatever it takes to move to #3 and get Kalil. I would give up next years number one and this years second to move up those 7 spots. With Easley coming back and perhaps a healthy Merriman they may not have as many holes as we think. LT is a gaping hole that could take down the entire offense. Shock the world like they did with Super Mario and go get the LT this team has needed since Wolford was stolen from us. Then use the rest of the draft on depth at LB, CB, and WR. A stud LT completes the entire O-line. Hairston is the swing back-up. By not moving Levitre out to LT they have three interior lineman in that can all play LG, C, and RG while Wood is on PUP list until about week 8. This team doesn't need Floyd or Ingram, it needs a LT that does not need RB help. That allows Spiller and Freddie to motion out of the backfield and create nightmare match up problems against LB's. The pass rush will be better than last year no matter who plays at LB.

There is no tomorrow. There is no tomorrow. There is no tomorrow...

Kalil is a true talent, But I don't know that it's wise to give up that much to move up seven spots. There is other "can't miss" talent that will be available at #10. The other thing is - the Vikes desperately need a LT, and Kalil is there for the taking. I don't see a trade happening.

I agree with FleaMoulds80 - we still have a lot of holes to fill on our roster. A solid draft this year may position Buffalo for the playoffs for the next few seasons.

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

Trade up for a tackle? Unless he can throw it, run it, catch it, or sack it, then no deal. You don't give up the farm for a damn left tackle. Rg3 or luck would've been another story. We'll find a tackle in the 2nd or later rounds to get us by

This team needs to make the playoffs this year. I think they should make a power move for Kalil. Minnesota is years away from being a contender in that division and they need multiple picks. They have too many holes to fill. I would do whatever it takes to move to #3 and get Kalil. I would give up next years number one and this years second to move up those 7 spots. With Easley coming back and perhaps a healthy Merriman they may not have as many holes as we think. LT is a gaping hole that could take down the entire offense. Shock the world like they did with Super Mario and go get the LT this team has needed since Wolford was stolen from us. Then use the rest of the draft on depth at LB, CB, and WR. A stud LT completes the entire O-line. Hairston is the swing back-up. By not moving Levitre out to LT they have three interior lineman in that can all play LG, C, and RG while Wood is on PUP list until about week 8. This team doesn't need Floyd or Ingram, it needs a LT that does not need RB help. That allows Spiller and Freddie to motion out of the backfield and create nightmare match up problems against LB's. The pass rush will be better than last year no matter who plays at LB.

There is a Tomorrow just sit back and relax a little try some :beer:

Kalil is great but not for those picks. The line got by last year and had the fewest sacks of any team. There will be plenty of LTs next year if we don't find one this year, like:

Jake Matthews*

Experience: Junior | School: Texas A&M

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 295 lbs.

Son of the legendary Bruce Mathews, can't wrong there.

Ricky Wagner

Experience: Senior (RS)| School: Wisconsin

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 322 lbs.

Seantrel Henderson*

Experience: Junior | School: Miami

Height: 6-8 | Weight: 330 lbs.

Good link on important positions...

My link

Guy knows what he's talking about as all he does is evaluate players for a living working for NFL films

Cosell is very thorough and studied.

Very interesting that he's creating a very different legacy than the one his uncle left him.

Thanks for posting the link.

Cosell is very thorough and studied.

Very interesting that he's creating a very different legacy than the one his uncle left him.

Thanks for posting the link.

I really like Cosell. He is among the very best as far as the non-NFL guys go. I think Mayock is excellent too. Rich Gosselin. Nawrocki is pretty good. Russ Lande. Dilfer is growing on me. Those are my top guys. None of them are going to be right more than 33% of the time, but all of them are knowledgeable, thorough, connected, know what to look for, and pretty good percentage wise.

Trade up for a tackle? Unless he can throw it, run it, catch it, or sack it, then no deal. You don't give up the farm for a damn left tackle. Rg3 or luck would've been another story. We'll find a tackle in the 2nd or later rounds to get us by

Throwing, running, and cathcing all start with blocking up front...

We need depth,badly, as evidenced by our IR list last season. Giving away draft picks for one player would destroy any opportunity to do that.