Bills appear to avoid a likely 2012 Draft Bust

1B4IDie

There appears to be two crowds of thought forming by Bills Fans there is the Kulchey/DeCastro/Reiff posse forming and an anyone but those three posse forming.

The prospects in the second camp look at Floyd/Gilmore/Kirkpatrick/Martin/Adams/Cordy Glenn.

Then you have the Ingram/Upshaw/DT outliers.

Most everyone also seems to agree that if somehow Luck/RGIII/Kalil/Clariborne/Richardson/Blackmon fell to #10 then you take them (yes even Richardson)

Either way the great news is I don't see the word "Bust" being thrown around.

So lets take a look at LIKELY (Kulchey or any of the other prospect could go on a OJ-like rampage but lets stay in the realm of likely outcomes) basements with these Ten possible prospects at #12.

Kulchey - Worst Case Poz Part II - not a bust

DeCastro - Worst Case Urbik Part II - not a complete bust

Reiff - Worst Case Urbik Park II - not a bust

Floyd - Worst Case Peerless Price - not a complete bust

Kirkpatrick - Worst Case McKelvin - Kinda of a bust not a complete bust

Gilmore - Worst case becomes a Safety like lil Donte- Not a bust; still contributing

Martin - Worst case Plays RT

Adams - Worst Case Plays RT

Glenn - Worst Case Urbik Part II - not a complete bust

Ingram - Worst case rotational DE - Kinda a Bust but not complete bust

Upshaw - Worst case Can't get on the field because he is too slow - bust

Again we're talking Likely Worst case here.

The great news is I don't see the Bills taking a player that will be a complete bust and won't contribute in some way.

We may not get the best "value" out of the #10 overall pick, but the Bills should get a contributor.

In most years past this was not the case. The chance of a player busting was much higher. Maybin before the draft had a high bust likelihood. I would say not any of these prospects have a high bust likelihood.

I'd prefer some prospects over others (Floyd) but I don't expect to be throwing stuff at the TV like in past year's Draft (even if Kulchey was the pick :sick: ))

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'm all for Kuechly just to see how many different ways people can misspell his name. :rolleyes:

But, yes, it looks like with any of these players the Bills will at least get an upgrade in talent. Pro Bowl upgrade? Maybe not, but at least an upgrade.

There appears to be two crowds of thought forming by Bills Fans there is the Kulchey/DeCastro/Reiff posse forming and an anyone but those three posse forming.

The prospects in the second camp look at Floyd/Gilmore/Kirkpatrick/Martin/Adams/Cordy Glenn.

Most everyone also seems to agree that if somehow Luck/RGIII/Kalil/Clariborne/Richardson/Blackmon fell to #10 then you take them (yes even Richardson)

So lets take a look at LIKELY (Kulchey or any of the other prospect could go on a OJ-like rampage but lets stay in the realm of likely outcomes) basements with these Ten possible prospects at #12.

Gilmore - Worst case becomes a Safety like lil Donte- Not a bust; still contributing

The great news is I don't see the Bills taking a player that will be a complete bust and won't contribute in some way.

We may not get the best "value" out of the #10 overall pick, but the Bills should get a contributor.

In most years past this was not the case. The chance of a player busting was much higher. Maybin before the draft had a high bust likelihood. I would say not any of these prospects have a high bust likelihood.

I'd prefer some prospects over others (Floyd) but I don't expect to be throwing stuff at the TV like in past year's Draft (even if Kulchey was the pick :sick: ))

I think your post rings mostly true from a purely talent aspect, but I also think there are some unaccounted for factors that will come into play such as injuries & off-field issues.

Namely, the guys I disagree with are:

Floyd - Worst Case is that he becomes an off-field problem and doesn't contribute long-term (a la Jerome Simpson, although I doubt it)

Kirkpatrick - Worst Case is that he becomes an off-field problem and doesn't contribute (a la Pacman Jones, although this too is doubtful)

Martin - Worst case is he can't cut it at left tackle, isn't built for RT or OG and gets cut in year 3

Other than that I think you're pretty much on the ball.

Ever heard of Len Bias?

I'm not a part of any of the 3 groups mentioned. If there was a group to be named after my top 3 choices, it would be the Ingram/Floyd/DeCastro group (and I would prefer them in order like that with Ingram being my favorite of the three).

I'm also in a group called let's just hope for the best and make a long awaited playoff run (God Willing) and stop saying stuff like Bills can't pick a bust or our defense "WILL" be nasty instead of just plain old hoping it will...

There was only Len Bias.

That would go in the "Unlikely" category.

I've also heard of Tom Cousineau too.

Getting coked up and dying can still happen. The chances anyone goes to Canada willingly in 2012 are far far far fetched.

Price was far from a bust as a #2 WR. It wasn't until he became "The Man" that he sucked. Still your point is valid. We would have a hard time taking a bust....far from impossible for us.

I suppose anyone might be a bust. I have a concern about Glenn that he might be another Mike Williams/Maybin attitude bust. Floyd has serious off the field issues and in the worst case could be a bust.

Correction...Floyd HAD serious off the field issues, which he showed he was serious about correcting. He didn't just say sorry and move on, he put in work to show you he has moved on.

I like your line of thought with the one exception, I think McKelvin has been a bust. If the 10th overall pick ended up like McKelvin that would most certainly not be good.

This is right on. I see nickel back in McKelvin's near future. Don't think he's proven himself anywhere near 10th overall.

WSS, this is a really odd take, IMO.

All those guys were pretty much disappointments to me but you've somehow managed to use them as examples of guys who aren't busts.

So on one hand your post is optimistic and on the other hand, it's pessimistic.

I'd hate if the Bills drafted an equivalent of any of the worst-case examples you mentioned.

As I posted in another topic, we should be thrilled that the Bills have the opportunity to draft one of the top ten players in this year's crop.

The ONLY guy I look at in this entire draft and see a future HoFer and can't miss player is Matt kalil, mostly due to his bloodlines, genetics.

Money isn't going to be an issue, something that has happened to many young men once they get that fat contract, either are off the field problems.

NFL scouts believe he is as close to perfect as they can expect and one of the most complete offensive tackles to come out of college since USC's Tony Boselli, who was the second player selected in the 1995 draft by the Jacksonville Jaguars. Not a relative, but a highly-regarded alumn.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1631888

Kinda like Darius... I mean... Dareius... I mean Dareus.... how is that spelled again?

You mean like Demetrius... Demetress?

I'm kinda like SJBF in his take on this thread's premise. Let's not take a weak and timid look at the future of possibilities. That's got to be over.

Time to hyperventilate, get pumped up, and rip off that !@#$ing cloak of doom we Bills fans have been draped in for the past dozen years and believe this team will kick the !@#$ing door to the Playoffs off its hinges.

And any pick they make at #10 better be a producer from day one.

One more thing. Chan - there will be no tolerating any multiple game slump this year. The training wheels are off and excuses will not be accepted.

I like your line of thought with the one exception, I think McKelvin has been a bust. If the 10th overall pick ended up like McKelvin that would most certainly not be good.

In the Bleacher report ratings of corners in the NFL, McKelvin was in the 40's league wide, our other two contributors last year at CB (not McGee) were rated in the 60's. So, a more objective source has McKelvin as belonging in the league. Way to much bashing of McKelvin on this board. Yes, he needs to make plays on the ball, but he is the ONLY CB we have that has the jets to stay with the top receivers and cover.(Florence is all heart and too slow) If McKelvin doesn't breakout this year, the Bills will not resign him, I am hoping for the best. He is a young man, and hopefully good coaching and a good line will make him the SStar we were hoping. He is the only one in the CB stable that can ball hawk. (And hopefully Byrd can also reestablish is bonafides in ball hawking again)