(LAMP) MOTORCITY

CosmicBills

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Animation looks a lot like Samurai Jack. Any chance that was the animation team that did the work?

Any chance Ed is a horrible human being made the reference list?

Congrats on the show TG

Thanks!

I had to ask around, but it appears you are correct, good sir. A chunk of the animators on the show worked at one point on Samurai Jack. We're also one of the few shows that does all our animation in Los Angeles rather than Korea. It's crazy to see the work that goes into those episodes from the artists' side of things.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a friendly bump. The show premiers on April 30th at 9pm, so set your DVRs.

Here's a couple cool links that just came out about the animation that went into the show. Some of you tech guys might dig this, it's all Greek to me.

About the Animation w videos

More about the animation

This is an article about the show's setting.

After what seems like an eternity, the show I've been working on for the past year is premiering at the end of the month. I know TSW isn't exactly the demographic that Disney XD is chasing but I thought I'd pass along the word in case anyone's interested in checking it out.

MOTORCITY is a half hour animated action/adventure show geared towards children in the 8-15 year old range. Though, in reality, any fan of animated awesomeness will be able to enjoy this show. The show is kind of a combination of Demolition Man and Robin Hood.

Here's a link to the trailer:

http://disney.go.com/xd/motorcity/videos/?video=0_9s95tti3

There's also a free iPad/iPhone app called MOTORCITY DRIVE which is actually a lot of fun.

I should note the cast includes the talents of:

Reid Scott, Kate Micucci, Nate Torrance, Kel Mitchel, Jess Harnell, Mark Hamill, Jim Breuer and the great Brian Doyle Murray.

How'd you manage to get Luke Skywalker, Goatboy, AND Lou the head caddy all in 1 crew? With talent like that, there must not have been much $'s left over for you writers. :lol:

Good luck w/ it. I'll record it and see if my kids like it. :thumbsup:

How'd you manage to get Luke Skywalker, Goatboy, AND Lou the head caddy all in 1 crew? With talent like that, there must not have been much $'s left over for you writers. :lol:

Good luck w/ it. I'll record it and see if my kids like it. :thumbsup:

Haha, I know! It's really a terrific cast. The artists and animators are top notch as well. I have to say, even though I'm biased, if I was 12 I'd be obsessed with this show.

We're recording it as well.

Awesome! Hope everyone enjoys it.

And, since I just got this forwarded to me, I thought I'd include it here. A little behind the scenes look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZsN3yHQqdw

Edited by tgreg99

So the boy and i watched earlier this evening..good news and better news.

I

Good news is i hated it..seeing as how i am a 49 year old man, i would think that good news.Music is what got to me the most.

The just turned 11 year old boy really liked it., made it A seasons pass.

hope the numbers ame in good for you

btw funny story..i always bust on him when he talks about his" friends" on XBOX live

When i said watch this as a "friend" from TBD was writer for the show..he was quick with "oh, one of your imanginery friends"

Too funny

Edited by plenzmd1

So the boy and i watched earlier this evening..good news and better news.

I

Good news is i hated it..seeing as how i am a 49 year old man, i would think that good news.Music is what got to me the most.

The just turned 11 year old boy really liked it., made it A seasons pass.

hope the numbers ame in good for you

btw funny story..i always bust on him when he talks about his" friends" on XBOX live

When i said watch this as a "friend" from TBD was writer for the show..he was quick with "oh, one of your imanginery friends"

Too funny

:lol: That is too funny. Glad your son dug it! Thanks so much for checking it out.

My 6 1/2 said he liked the first show as well. I didn't get a chance to ask him more about it so maybe I'll sit down with him and watch it to see what he likes about it. Kind of an informal focus group of one.

Awesome!!! Please do.

• 1 month later...

Bump this back up when your episodes will be on

I've been out of internet contact for the past couple weeks and am just now getting back to life. My first episode just aired last week ("Blonde Thunder") and is available on iTunes. Not sure when my next one is due up but I'll do a better job letting people who are interested know.

Cheers. :beer: