Idle speculation from ESPN

bluenews

Well, this story broke 4 days ago.

While I think the fact that Wanny said he was happy to no longer be a college head coach and was looking forward to working in the NFL again (when the Bills hired him) and the fact of his personal friendship with Gailey is comforting….

I'm a bit disturbed that there hasn't been any statement by the team or Wanny disavowing his interest in the Arkansas job.

Yeah, that me has a little worried too. While I don't mean this as a knock on Wannestedt, though, do you think his hire would go over well in Arkansas. It is a pretty high profile job, and DW hasn't really bowled anyone over as a head coach, at any level. I haven't heard this part (who replaces Petrino?) discussed a lot nationally...are there any other names being bandied about for the job...surprised John Gruden hasn't been mentioned...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The longer this goes on the more likely they are to keep the interim coach through the season and either hire him or search for a new coach next offseason....They just had their spring game today. I had heard Gus Malzahn's name mentioned as a possibility. Other than that it has been quiet.

Well, this story broke 4 days ago.

While I think the fact that Wanny said he was happy to no longer be a college head coach and was looking forward to working in the NFL again (when the Bills hired him) and the fact of his personal friendship with Gailey is comforting….

I'm a bit disturbed that there hasn't been any statement by the team or Wanny disavowing his interest in the Arkansas job.

I'd be inclined to say that he doesn't need to make a statement every time his name pops up without cause. Unless the story picked up steam that I missed- it's idle speculation. Responding to it gives it credence, if anything

I'd be inclined to say that he doesn't need to make a statement every time his name pops up without cause. Unless the story picked up steam that I missed- it's idle speculation. Responding to it gives it credence, if anything

I'm sure you're right. It's just been a bit disquieting to me.

It's been such a hopeful offseason and I'd hate to see something go awry.

• 2 weeks later...