Who Wants to Move Down?

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Bills do at 10

• Stay there and Pick
    • Trade Up (Specify with who in comments)
    • Trade Down (Specify with who in comments)

I think that the consensus on this board is the most desirable option at pick #10 would be to trade down due to the complete lack of value at the pick. My question is what team would be willing to give up a mid-round pick in a very deep draft for the players at 10 that we find so undesirable.

My only guess would be a team in the market for NT if Poe makes it past Carolina, since Kansas City's only option at nose is Kelly Gregg, who turns 36 this season, but still i believe a trade down is very unlikely because of the lack of value at 10.

Edited by Byrd the Skyhawk

I'd move down. I literally watched youtube "tape" on nearly half of the draftees and can honestly say that we should collect as many picks as we can (thats how bored I am at 1am). There are SO MANY great receivers in this draft - for example... WR Marvin McNutt - could be a huge steal in the later rounds! I also like WR Brian Quick as a later alternate to Michael Floyd. If Riley Reiff isn't there... I say trade down a few spots and grab somebody like Upshaw or Kuechly.

I'm also a Trevor Olsen fan (LT for Chandler Harnish). He could be available in the 7th round. Maybe even an undrafted free agent.

Edited by Frostbelt City

I think that the consensus on this board is the most desirable option at pick #10 would be to trade down due to the complete lack of value at the pick. My question is what team would be willing to give up a mid-round pick in a very deep draft for the players at 10 that we find so undesirable.

My only guess would be a team in the market for NT if Poe makes it past Carolina, since Kansas City's only option at nose is Kelly Gregg, who turns 36 this season, but still i believe a trade down is very unlikely because of the lack of value at 10.

I dunno what you mean by "consensus" or "undesireable" or "lack of value". You could consider adding a poll to this thread? Is there a consensus that the most desireable option at pick #10 is to trade down?

Whether or not the #10 pick has value for the Bills, or it's better to trade down, depends on the same factors that would make the pick desireable to other teams:

1) their draft board

2) the players remaining at that pick, relative to their draft board

3) their perception of other team's draft boards and how they are likely to pick

Every year, there are surprises with some of the players who are "puffed up" as top-5 or top-10 draft picks remaining on the board late in the 1st or even into the 2nd round.

If one of the players the Bills have high on their board falls to #10, they will use that pick to take him.

If all of the players the Bills have ranked higher are gone, but a player another team values that high is remaining and they fear based on intelligence from other teams that he will be gone when they pick, that team will offer to trade and the Bills will consider it. If there is someone the Bills consider fair value at that slot, they will pick or trade depending on what is offered.

It's really not anything near that clearcut as "lack of value at 10" and "complete lack of value at the pick".

I dunno what you mean by "consensus" or "undesireable" or "lack of value". You could consider adding a poll to this thread? Is there a consensus that the most desireable option at pick #10 is to trade down?

Whether or not the #10 pick has value for the Bills, or it's better to trade down, depends on the same factors that would make the pick desireable to other teams:

1) their draft board

2) the players remaining at that pick, relative to their draft board

3) their perception of other team's draft boards and how they are likely to pick

Every year, there are surprises with some of the players who are "puffed up" as top-5 or top-10 draft picks remaining on the board late in the 1st or even into the 2nd round.

If one of the players the Bills have high on their board falls to #10, they will use that pick to take him.

If all of the players the Bills have ranked higher are gone, but a player another team values that high is remaining and they fear based on intelligence from other teams that he will be gone when they pick, that team will offer to trade and the Bills will consider it. If there is someone the Bills consider fair value at that slot, they will pick or trade depending on what is offered.

It's really not anything near that clearcut as "lack of value at 10" and "complete lack of value at the pick".

Im aware how drafting works. The way I see it at ten the only options are a guard, a DUI loving receiver, and two tackles who are not ready to plug and play on the left side. I'm just wondering what team would reasonably trade up for our pick since many on the board seem to support a trade down. If you believe there is value at 10 what player do you think provides it, because I dont see it.

Kuechley is at his value in the 10 spot and would upgrade the position

Dre Kirkpatrick or Gilmore would be acceptable at 10

Every year it seems there's a trade that changes the board and/or a highly projected player falls...

Im betting either Blackmon or Claiborne fall to 10 (hoping that is)

Shame we don't need a guard because DeCastro looks like a nasty mfer

I want Whitney Mercilus in a trade down. While our signings have certainly beefed up our line I would love to add this guy. I think some players that other teams will be interested in are Tannehill, Richardson, Coples, maybe even Decastro. Other teams draft boards may necessitate them jumping up in front of teams that are picking in front of them to get the player/position they want.

What new does this thread offer that hasn't been discussed? What is the purpose of starting the new thread?

The point originally was to offer prospective trade options, meaning specific teams and picks for our #10 pick and reasons these teams would want #10. I added the poll after someone suggested it.

Kuechley is at his value in the 10 spot and would upgrade the position

Dre Kirkpatrick or Gilmore would be acceptable at 10

Every year it seems there's a trade that changes the board and/or a highly projected player falls...

Im betting either Blackmon or Claiborne fall to 10 (hoping that is)

Shame we don't need a guard because DeCastro looks like a nasty mfer

I don't see claiborne falling that far but WR have a tendency to fall.

Im aware how drafting works. The way I see it at ten the only options are a guard, a DUI loving receiver, and two tackles who are not ready to plug and play on the left side. I'm just wondering what team would reasonably trade up for our pick since many on the board seem to support a trade down. If you believe there is value at 10 what player do you think provides it, because I dont see it.

Yeah because when asked "What are you going to do today bro?", Floyd answers "Nothing much, go eat, drink a little something and then drive home. I hope I catch a DUI today cuz its been a while since my last one. Damn I love those DUI's"

I traded down. I'm just not thrilled with the available talent at #10. I think they'll all be good NFL players, but just not the #10 pick.

As far as with who, anybody in the 13-17 range.