Colts vs Denver

billsfaninnyc

Colts d-lineman said this am on the radio they expect to play all starters this weekend, and pull people only if "a big lead is wrapped up." He said that the winning streak and momentum is big to the Colts; they don't want to end the season with an L....

As people have said before, Indy still has to prove it can win on the road, outside....this game is no rollover game like Philly-St. Louis was last night....

Colts d-lineman said this am on the radio they expect to play all starters this weekend, and pull people only if "a big lead is wrapped up."  He said that the winning streak and momentum is big to the Colts; they don't want to end the season with an L....

As people have said before, Indy still has to prove it can win on the road, outside....this game is no rollover game like Philly-St. Louis was last night....

182352[/snapback]

Tony Dungy basically said the same Sunday night. That's good to hear. You can go with Andy Reid's way or Dungy's. It's a matter of opinion.

Colts d-lineman said this am on the radio they expect to play all starters this weekend, and pull people only if "a big lead is wrapped up."  He said that the winning streak and momentum is big to the Colts; they don't want to end the season with an L....

182352[/snapback]

If the Colts play their starters it's a rollover game. Have you seen Denver play? They can't stop the run or pass and Plummer puts up an INT every game, in half the games 2+. Unless there's a blizzard or a wind storm in Denver that slows down the Colts offense, Denver shouldn't be able to keep up. Then again, the Jags "shouldn't" have gotten beat by 21 at home against Houston...

Sorry guys, but I don't believe it at all. The Colts don't want to play the Bills, and they really don't want to get banged up. Maybe if this game was in Indy, but it is in cold, snowy Denver.

Don't loose faith though. The ponies can play pretty poorly from time to time -- I'm thinking this could be time.

Besides the fact that Plummer has a real ability to throw to the guys wearing other jerseys (20 INTS) their defense is overrated and their running game isn't as great anymore though it is still steady. If the Colts play their starters Denver is done. The Colts rush the passer well which has helped cause a league leading 35 turnovers...a pressured Jake Plummer may help to make that an even 40.

Yes they should have.  The NFL is about matchups.  Jax doesn't match up well with Houston - especially without Fred Taylor and with a banged up Leftwich.

182367[/snapback]

Well, I thought that Houston had a decent shot up pulling the upset...but not by 21.

weather in denver looks good at this time - mdh

(mid 30's, calm and dry)

My opinion on playing a 'real" game when it has no bearing on playoff position is that you are crazy to play starters for more than one quarter

But

The coach and the players are all stating they will play the entire game.

If they are in th entire game, Colts will win ...hands down

now explain the 9 point spread FOR Denver????

something does not compute.

Tony Dungy basically said the same Sunday night. That's good to hear. You can go with Andy Reid's way or Dungy's. It's a matter of opinion.

182357[/snapback]

I think Reid is making a HUGE mistake by basically keeping his stars out for 2 weeks, then having a bye week. They are going to be rusty as hell that first playoff game and if its against the Panthers the Eagles will be one and done. A Panther team that's hitting its stride against an Eagle team that is rusty after having not played a meaningful game in over a month will end in distaster for this team. Everybody will blame the TO injury, I'll blame Reid for going into a shell.

The coach and the players are all stating they will play the entire game.

If they are in th entire game, Colts will win ...hands down

182387[/snapback]

exactly what I was thinking

weather in denver looks good at this time - mdh

(mid 30's, calm and dry)

182387[/snapback]

This will quickly become the biggest point spread turnaround in history. Broncos minus 9 to Broncos plus 4.

If the Colts play their starters it's a rollover game.  Have you seen Denver play?  They can't stop the run or pass and Plummer puts up an INT every game, in half the games 2+.  Unless there's a blizzard or a wind storm in Denver that slows down the Colts offense, Denver shouldn't be able to keep up.  Then again, the Jags "shouldn't" have gotten beat by 21 at home against Houston...

182362[/snapback]

Wow, don't underestimate a wounded animal fighting for its life. IF the Colts play all their starters, it will be a good game, one that we'll need to sweat out.

Sorry guys, but I don't believe it at all. The Colts don't want to play the Bills, and they really don't want to get banged up. Maybe if this game was in Indy, but it is in cold, snowy Denver.

Don't loose faith though. The ponies can play pretty poorly from time to time -- I'm thinking this could be time.

182373[/snapback]

You have to do something about that pessimism problem of yours ;)