Darth Vader gets a new heart

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how many people with alot of life left were passed up so Dick Cheney can live another 5 years?? Does anyone else find this disturbing?? Ive read that there is no favoritism in the process for donor recipients. Yet, this sure looks that way.

LOL.........you really need to investigate several sources.

Not just NPR.

i do. i listen to the fascist radio guys when i need a good laugh or just need to get fired up.

but i've yet to hear them interview a transplant medical director from a major national program, a transplant surgeon from wash u, a cardiologist from northwestern and a bioethicist from georgetown separately or together in any show. rarely do they interview anyone with these types of credentials in any field. and who else does besides pbs and npr? maybe if they could get over their envy and outright hostility to academics and intellectuals, they might learn something. but i won't hold my breath. they'll just keep interviewing other "experts" on conservative philosophy.

Wonder how many people with alot of life left were passed up so Dick Cheney can live another 5 years?? Does anyone else find this disturbing?? Ive read that there is no favoritism in the process for donor recipients. Yet, this sure looks that way.

this pales in comparison to the flu pandemic threat a couple years ago when goldman sachs execs got vaccine while pregnant women and babies couldn't. it helped then to have some ties to the vaccine manufacturers. think that could happen again?

i do. i listen to the fascist radio guys when i need a good laugh or just need to get fired up.

but i've yet to hear them interview a transplant medical director from a major national program, a transplant surgeon from wash u, a cardiologist from northwestern and a bioethicist from georgetown separately or together in any show. rarely do they interview anyone with these types of credentials in any field. and who else does besides pbs and npr? maybe if they could get over their envy and outright hostility to academics and intellectuals, they might learn something. but i won't hold my breath. they'll just keep interviewing other "experts" on conservative philosophy.

Again, did you see my post #34 of this thread and did you read the article?

maybe if they could get over their envy and outright hostility to academics and intellectuals, they might learn something.

That'll happen right after academics and intellectuals stop trying to convince the world it must heed their voices simply and exclusively because they're "academics" and "intellectuals."

I'm reminded of the Scarecrow, who learned that he could never have a brain until he had the one thing that all smart people had: a diploma. And that, of course, made him instantly smart.

Academics and intellectuals. Jesus.

Again, did you see my post #34 of this thread and did you read the article?

um, yes? he was older than the usual cutoff. he was on the waiting list longer than usual. the usual cutoff is 65.

he's had multiple cardiac procedures and diagnoses at age 71 including diffuse coronary artery disease...and the conclusion that the surgeon made was "he must of taken good care of himself"? that all other organ systems functioned at a normal level? another conclusion might be that he didn't and they don't but he's dick cheney. none of us know but we are told that 65 is the usual cutoff in 2 separate article (reuters :thumbsup: ). i don't see the conflict in the 2 articles except that there is more than 1 hypothesis to explain cheney getting a heart. given his age and history, i'll take the odds on him being dick cheney as the reason.

Academics and intellectuals. Jesus.

if you need a transplant and you don't want to associate with them, than he's the only one who would be able to help.

I do find it ironic that Liberals like to think of themselves as compassionate, egalitarian, tolerant... as opposed to Conservatives.... until it is time to be compassionate, egalitarian and intolerant...

As people typed those comments, did they think for one iota "uh oh, I am becoming the very person I like to think I rally against?"

Empathy and Compassion does not require an accpetable name on the donor list....

Oh great, the guy who wept for Sauron is on our side.

if you need a transplant and you don't want to associate with them, than he's the only one who would be able to help.

If that's your definition of academics & intellectuals, say hi to the Goldman Sachs bankers too then.

If that's your definition of academics & intellectuals, say hi to the Goldman Sachs bankers too then.

really? how many of them are based at university centers or carry professor titles?

I'm sure academics and intellectuals know the difference between "than" and "then".

one of the attributes is seeing the forest from the trees.

really? how many of them are based at university centers or carry professor titles?

So an intellectual has to be based in a university & have a professor title? Any other qualifiers?

one of the attributes is seeing the forest from the trees.

:lol:

I love when you self avowed intellectuals step all over your dicks in public.

you equated transplant surgeons to traders. i illuminated some differences.

Just like the 3 watt lightbulb on the perfectly sunny day that you are.

fair enough...and where would civilization be if their priests never existed? mine?

I'm guessing that without your respective priesthoods, you'd each have to create one to validate your own incapacity for original thought.