Seriously people, make a case so we feel better...

I don't think they can. I don't think the Rams OLine can stop the Jets DLine from wiping their asses with Bulger's jersey. I don't believe they can stop their pass rush or run on them. Martz will get frustrated early and it'll be pass pass pass pass. There will be more INTs than TDs in this game, but it'll be the Curtis Martin show. They will run all over the Rams because their D coordinator isn't smart enough to know that you beat a pulling OLine with penetration. It's how we limited Martin to 40 yards and beat their ass that day. But the Rams don't get it.

Jets 30

Rams 16

Indy is our only hope. Our Obi Wan Kenobi

182331[/snapback]

you must not keep up with injuries.........John abraham(sp) is hurt

The Rams usually play pretty well at home. According to MNF Bulger is 18-2 at home as a starter. Also, John Abraham is out for the Jets. The Rams can certainly win this game, I'd actually say they have even odds.

If the Colts play their starters against the Broncs, they'll coast to a win...if they don't, I wouldn't count on the Colts helping us out any.

The Rams usually play pretty well at home.  According to MNF Bulger is 18-2 at home as a starter.  Also, John Abraham is out for the Jets.  The Rams can certainly win this game, I'd actually say they have even odds.

If the Colts play their starters against the Broncs, they'll coast to a win...if they don't, I wouldn't count on the Colts helping us out any.

182349[/snapback]

Actually....

This is kinda weird but bear with me.

If the Colts WIN this game, they will have to play Buffalo. If the Colts LOSE this game, they will have to play Denver.

Now... being an objective fan of football which team would YOU rather play???

Something tells me the Colts won't be "trying" hard to rack up 40 points like they normally do.

Actually....

If the Colts WIN this game, they will have to play Buffalo.  If the Colts LOSE this game, they will have to play Denver.

Something tells me the Colts won't be "trying" hard to rack up 40 points like they normally do.

182356[/snapback]

but if the jets lose........changes the scenario too regardless..........they play us that way too........ ;)

Actually....

If the Colts WIN this game, they will have to play Buffalo.  If the Colts LOSE this game, they will have to play Denver.

182356[/snapback]

You're thinking like a fan though. Sure the fans would say, "I'd rather play Denver" but I don't think a player (who is worth a sh--) has a preference. They don't think they'll lose to either team, so it doesn't matter to them...to top it off, they're competitive and never want to lose. Hell, I get fired up when I play sandlot football and that doesn't mean anything. Whoever is out there for the Colts (I hope its the starters) will be doing their best to win the game, despite the fact it means that they may have to play the Bills.

Actually....

182356[/snapback]

I'd rather win the game. The Denver Broncos could be viewed as just as dangerous as Buffalo and having to play a team that beat you a week ago would not make me feel real confident if I were a Colt. I'm sure the Colts are not afraid of the Buffalo Bills. I'm getting sick of hearing that crap. The Colts, Steelers and Pats could care less who they will be playing.

I'd rather win the game. The Denver Broncos could be viewed as just as dangerous as Buffalo and having to play a team that beat you a week ago would not make me feel real confident if I were a Colt. I'm sure the Colts are not afraid of the Buffalo Bills. I'm getting sick of hearing that crap. The Colts, Steelers and Pats could care less who they will be playing.

182378[/snapback]

;)

If they run the ball, like they can and should, they have a good chance to beat the Jets. If the Jets have to focus on stopping the run, imagine what that will do for Bruce and Holt. Although the Rams did look flat, the first series was against Philly's 1st team D, and shoved the ball down their throats.

182150[/snapback]

Phagitaboutit!! Join in on the Bills strategy and focus on one game- the 14-1 NFL leading Steelers! The '04 Bills are 0-4 when playing teams with winning records (Jags were 0-0). So no other game matters if we don't knock off the leagues' finest team. The scheduling gods have given the Bills an opportunity to test TD/MM's philosophy and it has developed within the team the essential 'CAN DO" attitude that was otherwise a year away. That said, smashing victories against lower eshcelon teams only means we THINK we can beat great teams, as we haven't yet. IF -and it's a big IF- we pull off a win Sunday under any circumstance, then we will know we can be great by league standards and we'll enjoy an off season of great expectations. ...OR- depending on where other chips fall- follow our Bills on a surreal Super Bowl quest!!

Go Bills!!

Any given Sunday any team can win in the NFL and this is certainly more than basis enough for hope. If Miami can beat NE (be it a Sunday or a Monday night) the it is not a jump at all for St. L to beat the Jets at home. In fact it is not a jump to see the Colts do in the flagging Broncos. I apologize for the flagging faith I had in my team at 3-6. Against all logic I predict a 5th seed in the playoffs for us not due to logic but because i am a fan.

Does Indy have anything to play for against Denver?  I suppose if they win, they go play a lower seeded team

182185[/snapback]

As posted by many earlier, Indy can pick and chose their poison for the

wild-card game.

If the Jets and Bills win the 1 p.m games, then Indy can tank their

game against Denver so that they can have Denver come into their house

for the wildcard game.

If the Bills win and Jets lose the 1 p.m games, then Indy, if they want to

avoid the bills during the wildcard will have to win against Denver to send

the bills to SD and they get the Jets for the wildcard game.

If the Bills and Jets lose the 1 p.m games, then other things fall in to place

as then Jax get their playoff door opened slightly and thier game against

Oakland becomes meaningful.

Indy is our only hope. Our Obi Wan Kenobi

182331[/snapback]

Indy is not our hope.....Who is the 2nd string QB for the colts....please...

and the game is in Denver....

St. Louis on the other hand actually has a a shot at the fading Jets who

took a beating in their own backyard against the Patriots.

While the Rams are no New Engalnd Patriots, I think they are quite

formidable at home.

Bulger is playing, and Abraham is not, so that's good news. As good as the Jets D has been, I think Holt & Bruce can get open on their DB's, especially without a strong pass-rush. Throw it early & often (which I'm sure Martz will do), get a lead, and try to take Martin out of the game. I just don't know if the Rams poor defense is capable of exposing Pennington's arm, especially in a dome.

Bulger is playing, and Abraham is not, so that's good news.  As good as the Jets D has been, I think Holt & Bruce can get open on their DB's, especially without a strong pass-rush.  Throw it early & often (which I'm sure Martz will do), get a lead, and try to take Martin out of the game.  I just don't know if the Rams poor defense is capable of exposing Pennington's arm, especially in a dome.

183804[/snapback]

any one can...................pennington is done this year