Jets backup QB Stanton

Apparently he is none too pleased about going to thrid string. The Jets got him for 1.25 M this year and he passed up chances earlier. Could save cap room going for him instead of Thigpen.

And he is so much better than Tyler Thigpen? :rolleyes:

And he is so much better than Tyler Thigpen? :rolleyes:

Half of the people on this board are better than Tyler Thigpen. (And the other are almost as good).

Edited by ACor58

Can't remember which of the many shows I saw this week about The Soap Opera That Is The NFL that Stanton is mightily peeved about the Tebow trade. Supposedly he specifically asked some time ago if the Jets were going to go after Tebow and was emphatically told they were not. And now supposedly he wants a do=over on his contract where he is released, not traded.

BTW, if I was Sanchez I think I'd be demanding a trade as well. The level of dysfunction around the Jets has reached new heights with this trade and the likely fall off in team performance this season will surely be blamed on Sanchez whether warranted or not. So why bother sticking around?

Half of the people on this board are better than Tyler Thigpen. (And the other are almost as good).

Forgot what Thigpen did for the Chiefs in the regular season. He was bad in 4 preseason games for a new team without a full offseason!!! Anyone is better. :thumbsup:

And does this guy have any trade value at all? Dude needs to shut his mouth before he is out of the league.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

What exactly is the opinion that Drew Stanton is better than Tyler Thigpen based on?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/10487/drew-stanton

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/10660/tyler-thigpen

They look pretty even to me...only difference being, Thigpen had one pretty productive year, in the offense of our head coach...but yeah, you guys are right...we should sign Stanton, cuz, he isn't Thigpen...Gailey prefers a more mobile guy...Thigpen is more mobile than Stanton...

Edited by Buftex

Isn't Greg McElroy still on the Jets roster. He must be #4 on the depth chart by now. I'd rather grab him.

PTR

In the preseason games I saw, I was definitely impressed by McElroy. Could be a guy like Matt Flynn. Caretaker of a championship college team who is a late round steal. Confidence is an amazing thing.

Forgot what Thigpen did for the Chiefs in the regular season. He was bad in 4 preseason games for a new team without a full offseason!!! Anyone is better. :thumbsup:

And does this guy have any trade value at all? Dude needs to shut his mouth before he is out of the league.

The only pre-season game I saw last year, was the one against the Jags. As I recall, Thigpen moved the ball pretty well, though the scrubs did have difficulty scoring...I am not even arguing that Thigpen is great, I am just always amazed when there seems to be this collective conscensous about certain players, that is based on almost nothing...I seriously will lose no sleep, knowing that Tyler Thigpen is one broken bone away from being the starting QB for the Bills, knowing that we could have had DREW STANTON!!!!!

Not that it is necessarily relative, but I remember a lot of Bills fans thought Frank Reich was awful, and then they found out he wasn't so bad after all...

Edited by Buftex

The only pre-season game I saw last year, was the one against the Jags. As I recall, Thigpen moved the ball pretty well, though the scrubs did have difficulty scoring...I am not even arguing that Thigpen is great, I am just always amazed when there seems to be this collective conscensous about certain players, that is based on almost nothing...I seriously will lose no sleep, knowing that Tyler Thigpen is one broken bone away from being the starting QB for the Bills, knowing that we could have had DREW STANTON!!!!!

Not that it is necessarily relative, but I remember a lot of Bills fans thought Frank Reich was awful, and then they found out he wasn't so bad after all...

The getting hit in the head with a football didn't help his cause either. But I jsut remember being impressed with the guy when he was with the Chiefs. 4 preseason games isn't going to change my opinion now.

And I'm always down for upgrading the position. I love Brock Osweiler of ASU with a 3rd round pick or lower as a developmental guy.