Stephon Gilmore

Was just watching NFLN, and across the bottom of the screen I saw scrolling Mike Mayock's top 5 cornerbacks. I was surprised to see Stephon Gilmore from South Carolina ranked above Kirkpatrick and Jenkins. I really respect Mayock as a draft analyst, and have heard a lot of great things about Gilmore. For all of you guys out there clamoring for Kirkpatrick in round 1.....what about Stephon Gilmore?

Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina, 6-1, 193. Gilmore plays with an astute awareness that makes him a dangerous defender to test. He is a vocal team leader who understands everybody's role on defense and is especially effective in zone coverage where he seems to triangulate well, tracking both the quarterback and receivers. Gilmore is aggressive both going to the ball and coming up on the run, although he could use a little more bulk to hold up in the NFL. Gilmore started at cornerback all 40 games the last three years and in 2011 made 46 tackles and led the team with four interceptions, giving him eight for his career. He was selected first-team All-SEC and third-team AP All American in 2010. - Frank Cooney - The Sports Xchange, NFL Draft Scout

My link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq_7sE0jMzM

Was just watching NFLN, and across the bottom of the screen I saw scrolling Mike Mayock's top 5 cornerbacks. I was surprised to see Stephon Gilmore from South Carolina ranked above Kirkpatrick and Jenkins. I really respect Mayock as a draft analyst, and have heard a lot of great things about Gilmore. For all of you guys out there clamoring for Kirkpatrick in round 1.....what about Stephon Gilmore?

Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina, 6-1, 193. Gilmore plays with an astute awareness that makes him a dangerous defender to test. He is a vocal team leader who understands everybody's role on defense and is especially effective in zone coverage where he seems to triangulate well, tracking both the quarterback and receivers. Gilmore is aggressive both going to the ball and coming up on the run, although he could use a little more bulk to hold up in the NFL. Gilmore started at cornerback all 40 games the last three years and in 2011 made 46 tackles and led the team with four interceptions, giving him eight for his career. He was selected first-team All-SEC and third-team AP All American in 2010. - Frank Cooney - The Sports Xchange, NFL Draft Scout

My link

youtube.com/watch?v=wq_7sE0jMzM

I brought him up as our first round pick after a trade down with Cleveland - didn't get much love for the idea- so good luck to you.

Gilmore has been my RD2 pick frequently. He's Aaron Williams with better numbers. I'd be ecstatic if we took him at 42, disappointed if we wasted a #10 oa CB. Williams Gilmore would be the best tandem within 2 years.

That was a very short highlight film, like how physical he is on tackles (actually uses form and wraps up), like how hard he goes up and fights for the ball, something McKelvin hasn't gotten the hang of.

I like the CB prospects in this years draft better than the LT and DE prospects...Id like to see us trade down, easier said than done.

My link

youtube.com/watch?v=wq_7sE0jMzM

In trigonometry and geometry, triangulation is the process of determining the location of a point by measuring angles to it from known points at either end of a fixed baseline, rather than measuring distances to the point directly (trilateration). The point can then be fixed as the third point of a triangle with one known side and two known angles.

Just in case there are other simple blue collar folk here that read that and siad WTH is triangulate??!