Waive Kelsey, draft Quinton Coples DE North Carolina

TheKidd

Out of the five you mentioned, DeCastro and Ingram are the only lock solid picks.

Coples, Martin and Floyd are potential bust type players for various reasons.

IMO I think the Bills draft Ingram and if he's not there then they will try hard to trade down. If they can't trade down then they'll be looking at guys like Kirkpatrick, Hightower, Upshaw, Kuechly, or Reiff at #10. Five solid, less "bust" potential prospects.

If they do trade down then I think they'll be looking at Upshaw, Hightower, Perry, Mercilus, Glenn, Martin. I think Kuechly is going to the Eagles or Jets if we don't take him.

Ingram would be a nice way to finish building the defensive line. I would like that choice but you know they are going to draft an OT because they are going to lose Bell.

As long as they don't draft a wide reciever in round 1. If they draft Floyd from Notre Dame in round 1 then they are really dumb.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingram would be a nice way to finish building the defensive line. I would like that choice but you know they are going to draft an OT because they are going to lose Bell.

As long as they don't draft a wide reciever in round 1. If they draft Floyd from Notre Dame in round 1 then they are really dumb.

Because you are clearly the be all end all of football knowledge right? What if Blackmon is there at 10? Are they really dumb then too if they take him?

Edited by biglukes

If Nix was smart he would release Kelsey. The guy is NOT worth what he is making. Take that money, add a little that you saved from Roscoe Parrish, and sign a good free agent

OFFENSIVE TACKLE to replace Bell who is just about gone. Draft Quinton Coples DE to replace Kelsey.

Def line would be: Mario Williams (1st round) -- Kyle Williams (5th round) -- Marcel Dareus (1st round) -- Quinton Coples (1st round)

Not too shabby, you would have three former 1st round draft picks on the line.

You won't need to draft an offensive tackle with the first pick if you take the Kelsey money and sign a good left tackle. 2nd round grab a wide receiver, hopefully Stephen Hill*, WR, Georgia Tech.

Height: 6-4. Weight: 215.

40 Time: 4.36. 10-Yd Split: 1.20.

Vertical: 39.5

Then use the rest of your picks (3,4,4,5,6,7) on linebackers, DBs, and maybe a tight end.

I have been one to bash Kelsay in the past before and I think he IS making too much money. That being said never replace a guy unless you have somebody better. Is Coples that guy? Who knows? He is a rookie that has never played in the NFL. I'm not down on him like everyone else, nor do I think he is garbage but he doesn't seem to be "elite" so to speak. If he was, he wouldn't be there at #10 for certain. Is he good enough and an upgrade? Quite possibly. If Merriman was a sure thing to return to some sort of form Kelsay could be expendable if we drafted Coples, Ingram or Mercilus.

For better or worse Buddy always tries to do what he says he wants to and he doesn't like the DE talent at the top of the draft or what he thinks will be there at #10 when we pick. Regardless of what we want, Buddy likely won't take Coples if he is there at #10. All the smart money is on LT right now at #10 over all. If for some reason we don't go LT I would expect that we might go OLB. Courtney Upshaw was who everyone threw in my face when I brought up Coples but nobody is talking about him now because of his combine work out and looking very stiff. That being said don't be surprised if we make a little bit of a head scratcher and take a shot at an OLB like Upshaw or someone we think could fill that role. Upshaw might only be a 2 down player though.

I don't know if Wansted will be asking his LBs to drop into coverage but it seems to be a weakness of Upshaw. If he is only on the field during running downs and gets removed during obvious passing situations when we run nickel and dime he might be more of a fit. Unfortunately this plays right into the hands of "hurry up" teams like the Pats that will keep you in bad personnel situations when they have the advantage.

As for Stephen Hill, I would LOVE to take a shot on that guy in the 2nd round. Unfortunately his combine work out and pro day all of which he was said to have killed will make him a 1st round pick. Some team will get a guy that could be a really nice WR. Unfortunately it won't be us unless we move around in the draft somehow.

Edited by PDaDdy

They won't reach for Martin, and Reiff is simply not the impact player you're looking for that high. I think almost the only way they draft an OT in the first is in a trade down scenario. Reiff is a longshot at #10, but he's considered more of an RT due to his short arms. Reiff is much like Bulaga, who was also not a guy worthy of a #10 overall pick.

At #10, you can't roll the dice like that trying to fill that LT hole. As for Martin, if Martin was as good as some people here think (they seem to think he's a franchise LT), then he'd be long gone before our pick.

Other than Richardson, Buddy will draft BPA.

When you get right down to it, the $ kelsay makes is irrelevant. Far more important is that all he knows is how to lose.... exactly what you do NOT want on a team that aspires to make the next step (see Lee Evans, Ravens). I don't know if Coples is the answer, but I will support any move that keeps Kelsay off the field and hopefully off the team. :thumbsup:

Because you are clearly the be all end all of football knowledge right? What if Blackmon is there at 10? Are they really dumb then too if they take him?

So Mr pro scout, you're saying Blackmon will be available at 10, ha? I don't think so. Maybe Andre Luck will be there too? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Yeah, keep dreaming.

So Mr pro scout, you're saying Blackmon will be available at 10, ha? I don't think so. Maybe Andre Luck will be there too? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Yeah, keep dreaming.

I'm sure Andrew Luck will be gone. I'm not sure if Andre will still be there though.... Besides, where did I say Blackmon would be there? You said across the board taking a WR at 10 is dumb. And I presented a reasonable hypothesis. You really are 12 years old aren't you?