My thoughts on our first 3 picks

Even before the Mario signing, top value for the Bills seems to be at LT and CB. Right now, looking closely at Reiff or Martin at LT and Dre Kirkpatrick at CB. Having a tall (6' 2") CB playing the slot to cover TEs like Gronkowski or bigger WRs would be a big plus.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even before the Mario signing, top value for the Bills seems to be at LT and CB. Right now, looking closely at Reiff or Martin at LT and Dre Kirkpatrick at CB. Having a tall (6' 2") CB playing the slot to cover TEs like Gronkowski or bigger WRs would be a big plus.

I don't thin Kirkpatrick is that great man to man...I would rather have Jenkins who was a shut down corner at UF, who some think (myself included) was better than Haden. If Nix feels he checks out now (with his off the field stuff) and wants a CB I would much rather have Jenkins over kirkpatrick.

All that aside I say we go BPA in the first whether its Kuechly (can play any LB position in 4-3), Floyd or whomever...

we need 2 solid LBs still. Our corners are ok --not great of course.Our LBs are awful;a gaping huge bloody problem.We need to prioritize.

We had one of the worst front 7s in football last year.yes a healthy Kyle plus Mario changes that---but that solves half the problem.

LB w 1st round pick.OL or LB 2nd and 3rd.-Unless of course we see a steal at CB in 2 or 3.

I would not describe them bloody awful. not even by a stretch. Barnett was the leading tackler last year and when i watched him he was super quick to the ball. Made few mistakes and reads the off very well. I call him well above average and he will succeed at the weak side in 4-3. Sheppard is the rookie. i think he needs alot of work. But Chan put him in last season after we knew we were going to struggle and get him nfl exp. He did this over Morrison. who was resigned to take the strong side over. we had little tape on him as a Bill, but he has been solid or better than that previously and we got him because of too much talent and money from those other guys. I am only guessing, but i think he is solid as a starter on SS and can back up Shepp who is yet to get his feet under him imo.

But you are right we do need to grab one or two more and second round is the place to get one of them. Sheppard does not need competition if Buddy and Chan are correct so this Kuechly is off my list. what we need is young understudies for Kirk and Nick who will be up and wreaking havoc in two years time and or can get on the field if injury occurs.

by the way to OP nice post and well thought out response to critiques thanks man

I don't thin Kirkpatrick is that great man to man...I would rather have Jenkins who was a shut down corner at UF, who some think (myself included) was better than Haden. If Nix feels he checks out now (with his off the field stuff) and wants a CB I would much rather have Jenkins over kirkpatrick.

All that aside I say we go BPA in the first whether its Kuechly (can play any LB position in 4-3), Floyd or whomever...

I definitely agree with you, I say we either take kuechly or Floyd. I think they're the best values at number 10.

I would not describe them bloody awful. not even by a stretch. Barnett was the leading tackler last year and when i watched him he was super quick to the ball. Made few mistakes and reads the off very well. I call him well above average and he will succeed at the weak side in 4-3. Sheppard is the rookie. i think he needs alot of work. But Chan put him in last season after we knew we were going to struggle and get him nfl exp. He did this over Morrison. who was resigned to take the strong side over. we had little tape on him as a Bill, but he has been solid or better than that previously and we got him because of too much talent and money from those other guys. I am only guessing, but i think he is solid as a starter on SS and can back up Shepp who is yet to get his feet under him imo.

But you are right we do need to grab one or two more and second round is the place to get one of them. Sheppard does not need competition if Buddy and Chan are correct so this Kuechly is off my list. what we need is young understudies for Kirk and Nick who will be up and wreaking havoc in two years time and or can get on the field if injury occurs.

by the way to OP nice post and well thought out response to critiques thanks man

Thanks man! We all see this team has a bunch of holes to fill. Nix/Gailey always talks about wanting to upgrade our team, but the stress the hell out of value; which they have to do with a Salary Cap. I mentioned this in the LB post, but today's Buffalo News has an article with Wanny talking about our D. Here it is: Wanny on our D

Pressure will be created by the DL and there will be very few blitzes, this way you can play other coverages with our secondary and they don't get left playing single coverage. LBs are greatly reduced in their impact int his defensive system, they are your London Fletcher/Poz wrap up tacklers. THe DL will create the pressure and the secondary will very rarely be in a single coverage match up. With the exception of playing teams that are run-oriented (meaning **** WRs and QBs - Phins, Jets) we won't be in a true 43 base that often. Expect to see 5-1-5 or even 6-0-5. I see Bryan Scott type tweeners excelling in this D in one or 2 of the LB positions. OUr DL with at times have Williams, Dareus, Williams, Kelsy, Carrington, with Shep and Barnett as LBs and having Williams, McGee, McKelvin, and Wilson. Where are the weak links? What happens if McKelvin gets benched again - Florence goes in or Reggie Corner? McGee gets hurt yet again - who goes fills in there? CB is way more critical to our D this year.

Thanks man! We all see this team has a bunch of holes to fill. Nix/Gailey always talks about wanting to upgrade our team, but the stress the hell out of value; which they have to do with a Salary Cap. I mentioned this in the LB post, but today's Buffalo News has an article with Wanny talking about our D. Here it is: Wanny on our D

Pressure will be created by the DL and there will be very few blitzes, this way you can play other coverages with our secondary and they don't get left playing single coverage. LBs are greatly reduced in their impact int his defensive system, they are your London Fletcher/Poz wrap up tacklers. THe DL will create the pressure and the secondary will very rarely be in a single coverage match up. With the exception of playing teams that are run-oriented (meaning **** WRs and QBs - Phins, Jets) we won't be in a true 43 base that often. Expect to see 5-1-5 or even 6-0-5. I see Bryan Scott type tweeners excelling in this D in one or 2 of the LB positions. OUr DL with at times have Williams, Dareus, Williams, Kelsy, Carrington, with Shep and Barnett as LBs and having Williams, McGee, McKelvin, and Wilson. Where are the weak links? What happens if McKelvin gets benched again - Florence goes in or Reggie Corner? McGee gets hurt yet again - who goes fills in there? CB is way more critical to our D this year.

Yes in 4-3 LB's dont pass rush very often. But its not like teams always run on first and second down. Lb's are still the key to the defense. If dont have ones that can cover and play the run well, then going to get killed by teams like the patriots that use thier te's well. Pass rushing is rarely a big part of a LB's job, with exception of 1 lb in 3-4 who really is playing more of a de roll most of the time anyway, and we pretty much had DE's playing it last year anyway. Atleast until he got hurt.

Would also be nice if we had a LB that could be a difference maker. Not positive there is one, but there are 2 very highly rated lb's that grade out well in 4-3 according to a couple of sites have read draft previews on. Both are listed in top 10 of several sites as best available athleats. Know that sites arent always very reliable, but if Bills have one of them rated highly as well, think bringing someone like that in could really improve defense significantly.

My preference would be to get the front 7 of the defense formatable since we put so much mula into the line. Hate to see it wasted with the current LB core not being able to take advantage of the free space they should get.

Of course you could be right, and they could try and play defense with smoke and mirrors again, rather than try and beat teams outright, but I for one hope not.

Edited by rstencel

Yes in 4-3 LB's dont pass rush very often. But its not like teams always run on first and second down. Lb's are still the key to the defense. If dont have ones that can cover and play the run well, then going to get killed by teams like the patriots that use thier te's well. Pass rushing is rarely a big part of a LB's job, with exception of 1 lb in 3-4 who really is playing more of a de roll most of the time anyway, and we pretty much had DE's playing it last year anyway. Atleast until he got hurt.

Would also be nice if we had a LB that could be a difference maker. Not positive there is one, but there are 2 very highly rated lb's that grade out well in 4-3 according to a couple of sites have read draft previews on. Both are listed in top 10 of several sites as best available athleats. Know that sites arent always very reliable, but if Bills have one of them rated highly as well, think bringing someone like that in could really improve defense significantly.

My preference would be to get the front 7 of the defense formatable since we put so much mula into the line. Hate to see it wasted with the current LB core not being able to take advantage of the free space they should get.

Of course you could be right, and they could try and play defense with smoke and mirrors again, rather than try and beat teams outright, but I for one hope not.

You could also say the our offense is smoke and mirrors too. We haven't beaten teams outright consistently since the 1990s. It is always well we almost had them, we only lost be 3...

A lot of posters on here attach themselves to a position or 2 of need and will talk themselves and anyone else into trying to fill it. Honestly I don't care what positions we fill as long as we get the best talent on the board that fits our team and we can't reach. There is a chance that a one of the top 6 players slips down to us at 10 and that is obviously something we need to look at.

The fact is there are still a few holes left to fill on this team. Where we are with our team build now, I am looking at it is this year and next years drafts are key for adding the positions we are weak at. This draft won't cure us, just as Mario won't. Everyone knows we need another WR (we have SJ and??), a CB (Hurt McGee/McKelvin is an FA and was benched last season) or 2, an LT (We have Hairston and that is it as of now), LB (for depth), and a pass rushing DE prospect (who knows what Merriman will be like).

With our LB corp we have Sheppard, Morrison & Barnett starting. Chris White looks to challenge Shep, who was a beast in college and the coaches seem to be very high on. Moats and Batten back up the other 2. I am more than ok going into the season with them, I see the other holes we have as being more important to fill. I never will say that LB isn't important, but there are other positions we need to keep an eye on to fill. Whoever we draft won't be in a position to beat out our starters this season and look to be there for depth as of right now.

What LB could we draft at #10 that would come in and beat out one of those starters, or even be the top reserve to replace an injured Morrison or Barnett? I don't see one.

I could see Floyd starting opposite SJ with Nelson in the slot. If Floyd is there at 10, there is almost no way we pass him - watch the videos - the kid is exactly what we are looking for. IF Floyd is gone, then our attention needs to turn to another position. I don't know if there is another WR with good value at #10.

I could see a Kirkpatrick or Jenkins getting tossed in when McKelvin gets benched or McGee goes down. I also know McKelvin is an FA next year, A. Williams starting playing strong before he was injured. If McGee gets banged up again, he will most likely be let go as well - so I see depth at CB to replace our 2 starters as a real need. When we play the nickel or dime coverage and Morrison or Barnett goes out, we will need players to step in. t has already been noted that we are bringing Kirkpatrick in for a visit as well. If Kirkpatrick is there and Floyd is gone, this could very well be our pick.

I could see an LT if Bell doesn't resign. Doubtful he would start over Hairston, unless Mat Kalil falls to us. Reiff and Martin are intriguing, but to me have more questions than a Kirkpatrick/Jenkins or Floyd and I am not sure I see either of them starting right away. Our scouts and Buddy will know better than I if they are worth it at #10. I see it as a reach. I would be ok trading down, if someone wanted to trade up and looking at Adams in the late teens early 20s.

We will grab a pass rushing DE in this draft. Just not in the first round. Buddy has been on record saying he didn't like the talent at #10.

The team should have an idea what the positional strengths and weaknesses of next years draft is as well. Somewhere, that has to get factored in the equation. Example, WR depth sucks in next seasons draft class, but LB is stacked. We should get our WR this season and next year we will pick up the LB. From an LB standpoint, we still truly don't know how the good the players we picked up from the last 2 drafts are. Without a pass rush, the OL got to the second level quite a bit. There has to be a longer term focus on next seasons draft as well.

You could also say the our offense is smoke and mirrors too. We haven't beaten teams outright consistently since the 1990s. It is always well we almost had them, we only lost be 3...

A lot of posters on here attach themselves to a position or 2 of need and will talk themselves and anyone else into trying to fill it. Honestly I don't care what positions we fill as long as we get the best talent on the board that fits our team and we can't reach. There is a chance that a one of the top 6 players slips down to us at 10 and that is obviously something we need to look at.

The fact is there are still a few holes left to fill on this team. Where we are with our team build now, I am looking at it is this year and next years drafts are key for adding the positions we are weak at. This draft won't cure us, just as Mario won't. Everyone knows we need another WR (we have SJ and??), a CB (Hurt McGee/McKelvin is an FA and was benched last season) or 2, an LT (We have Hairston and that is it as of now), LB (for depth), and a pass rushing DE prospect (who knows what Merriman will be like).

With our LB corp we have Sheppard, Morrison & Barnett starting. Chris White looks to challenge Shep, who was a beast in college and the coaches seem to be very high on. Moats and Batten back up the other 2. I am more than ok going into the season with them, I see the other holes we have as being more important to fill. I never will say that LB isn't important, but there are other positions we need to keep an eye on to fill. Whoever we draft won't be in a position to beat out our starters this season and look to be there for depth as of right now.

What LB could we draft at #10 that would come in and beat out one of those starters, or even be the top reserve to replace an injured Morrison or Barnett? I don't see one.

I could see Floyd starting opposite SJ with Nelson in the slot. If Floyd is there at 10, there is almost no way we pass him - watch the videos - the kid is exactly what we are looking for. IF Floyd is gone, then our attention needs to turn to another position. I don't know if there is another WR with good value at #10.

I could see a Kirkpatrick or Jenkins getting tossed in when McKelvin gets benched or McGee goes down. I also know McKelvin is an FA next year, A. Williams starting playing strong before he was injured. If McGee gets banged up again, he will most likely be let go as well - so I see depth at CB to replace our 2 starters as a real need. When we play the nickel or dime coverage and Morrison or Barnett goes out, we will need players to step in. t has already been noted that we are bringing Kirkpatrick in for a visit as well. If Kirkpatrick is there and Floyd is gone, this could very well be our pick.

I could see an LT if Bell doesn't resign. Doubtful he would start over Hairston, unless Mat Kalil falls to us. Reiff and Martin are intriguing, but to me have more questions than a Kirkpatrick/Jenkins or Floyd and I am not sure I see either of them starting right away. Our scouts and Buddy will know better than I if they are worth it at #10. I see it as a reach. I would be ok trading down, if someone wanted to trade up and looking at Adams in the late teens early 20s.

We will grab a pass rushing DE in this draft. Just not in the first round. Buddy has been on record saying he didn't like the talent at #10.

The team should have an idea what the positional strengths and weaknesses of next years draft is as well. Somewhere, that has to get factored in the equation. Example, WR depth sucks in next seasons draft class, but LB is stacked. We should get our WR this season and next year we will pick up the LB. From an LB standpoint, we still truly don't know how the good the players we picked up from the last 2 drafts are. Without a pass rush, the OL got to the second level quite a bit. There has to be a longer term focus on next seasons draft as well.

very thoughtful posting. But i have a question about Kirkpatrick? what do you mean about a visit with him?

One thing i especially like is that you mentioned we realy dont know what we have yet in last years draft class. and heck, i may add some players from the year before who were out on injury. Should be alot of competition at camp this year

very thoughtful posting. But i have a question about Kirkpatrick? what do you mean about a visit with him?

One thing i especially like is that you mentioned we realy dont know what we have yet in last years draft class. and heck, i may add some players from the year before who were out on injury. Should be alot of competition at camp this year

It kind of sucks to have #10 this year - there is no clear cut player to take. The 7-9 spots look like those teams could select a few different players who will fill their holes, so it will be very interesting to see who is there when we pick. There is talk of Floyd dropping as far down as the Jets and he is a player the Jets covet. Honestly, I don't see him falling that far. I also don't really see a player falling to us that would cause a team below wanting to trade up. Maybe Richardson the top RB, but he will most likely be long gone.

Prior to the draft, teams get to bring in members (like 20 I think) of the incoming rookie class for workouts/interviews. PFT reported that us along with almost all the teams above us have visits scheduled with him. I see Kirkpatrick being a better option than Jenkins only because the kid already is a father of four with 4 different mothers, has been arrested like 3 times and has a Mary j issue. Just reminds me of Travis Henry...

Last years draft seems to be a real good one. I suspect that we had also made the assumption that we were going back to the 43 Defense. Wanny was hired by that time and with Dareus @3 - it made sense to go 43 with him and Kyle. Nix, Gailey & Wanny have all said the players we drafted last year will fit in whatever D we run. I think they drafted with the thought of Edwards getting canned and going back 43 back then.

I think Sheppard is going to be one helluva MLB for us, Barnett is fine and Morrison was a starter for his career prior to us and there were thoughts he might leave us this FA period. We could possibly use a body for depth, but going into next years draft we will know exactly what we have in LBs. We should get one then. It is very easy to say they suck, but a healthy pass rush changes lots of things on D. That being said, if we think a future Darryl Talley or Lawrence Taylor is there take him -I don't see that though.

On a side note Drayton Florence had a fan Q&A session on twitter today - he things Aaron Williams will be a future probowler.

It kind of sucks to have #10 this year - there is no clear cut player to take. The 7-9 spots look like those teams could select a few different players who will fill their holes, so it will be very interesting to see who is there when we pick. There is talk of Floyd dropping as far down as the Jets and he is a player the Jets covet. Honestly, I don't see him falling that far. I also don't really see a player falling to us that would cause a team below wanting to trade up. Maybe Richardson the top RB, but he will most likely be long gone.

Prior to the draft, teams get to bring in members (like 20 I think) of the incoming rookie class for workouts/interviews. PFT reported that us along with almost all the teams above us have visits scheduled with him. I see Kirkpatrick being a better option than Jenkins only because the kid already is a father of four with 4 different mothers, has been arrested like 3 times and has a Mary j issue. Just reminds me of Travis Henry...

Last years draft seems to be a real good one. I suspect that we had also made the assumption that we were going back to the 43 Defense. Wanny was hired by that time and with Dareus @3 - it made sense to go 43 with him and Kyle. Nix, Gailey & Wanny have all said the players we drafted last year will fit in whatever D we run. I think they drafted with the thought of Edwards getting canned and going back 43 back then.

I think Sheppard is going to be one helluva MLB for us, Barnett is fine and Morrison was a starter for his career prior to us and there were thoughts he might leave us this FA period. We could possibly use a body for depth, but going into next years draft we will know exactly what we have in LBs. We should get one then. It is very easy to say they suck, but a healthy pass rush changes lots of things on D. That being said, if we think a future Darryl Talley or Lawrence Taylor is there take him -I don't see that though.

On a side note Drayton Florence had a fan Q&A session on twitter today - he things Aaron Williams will be a future probowler.

I try to stay on top of PFT lately and missed that somehow. Thats a clue though to our thinking moving into draft. i agree between options. He(Dre) would be the better one. This is a tough spot for us at 10 and i do not envy the FO picking. Also our trade downs do not look so hot unless its Richardson. we shall have to see who drops. Just keep in mind that now might be the time to get someone behind Barnett and some upcoming depth behind Morrison through draft. and certainly weaknesses at current CB positions will be exposed in time once we reduce time in the pocket.

I don't know enough about college footbll to make any real predictions about which players will go where after round 1. I can predict, though, a certain tendency on Buffalo's part: the Bills are looking for impact, FIRST and foremost, in their first two picks. They want that impact to be at a position of weakness, and they would love for that player to be in a position that is hard to fill through other channels - QB, DE, WR, and I say the excellent LB's - they seldom hit the market. A very good LB is kept. Teams just don't let the leaders of their defenses go, unless they are too old to merit one final, expensive, long term contract. If Buffalo could land the type of linebacker in round 1 that could man the line for 8 years, and be a force, they'd jump at it. The question is, is there a player that fits that type coming out?

I think LB is seen as a position of need for Buffalo - but only the great linebacker. Dave Wannstedt doesn't want to assemble a mediocre defense. You can hear him reference the defences he's coached in the past - they are all good defenses with great players. He's going to want to have a great linebacker to lead this defense. That you haven't heard him talk much of it could indicate they're trying to keep that "need" low key. Or, maybe he sees Sheppard and Bennett as good enough. We'll see.

I think we do need another good linebacker, another good cornerback, and if a very good DE were available - just like the above LB - they aren't going to pass on that impact type of talent.

The Giants proved again and again that you cannot have enough pass rushers. If Upshaw is there and is the best player on their board, they should get him. The only position they are not going to pick with the #10 pick is a QB or RB.

So U R not ruling out us drafting a long snapper @ #10?! :rolleyes:

I don't know enough about college footbll to make any real predictions about which players will go where after round 1. I can predict, though, a certain tendency on Buffalo's part: the Bills are looking for impact, FIRST and foremost, in their first two picks. They want that impact to be at a position of weakness, and they would love for that player to be in a position that is hard to fill through other channels - QB, DE, WR, and I say the excellent LB's - they seldom hit the market. A very good LB is kept. Teams just don't let the leaders of their defenses go, unless they are too old to merit one final, expensive, long term contract. If Buffalo could land the type of linebacker in round 1 that could man the line for 8 years, and be a force, they'd jump at it. The question is, is there a player that fits that type coming out?

I think LB is seen as a position of need for Buffalo - but only the great linebacker. Dave Wannstedt doesn't want to assemble a mediocre defense. You can hear him reference the defences he's coached in the past - they are all good defenses with great players. He's going to want to have a great linebacker to lead this defense. That you haven't heard him talk much of it could indicate they're trying to keep that "need" low key. Or, maybe he sees Sheppard and Bennett as good enough. We'll see.

I think we do need another good linebacker, another good cornerback, and if a very good DE were available - just like the above LB - they aren't going to pass on that impact type of talent.

All of the back and forth posts were great...loved reading all of them....if you listen to Wan, and remember back to his defenses, it was a great d line that made the d's....there wasn't one HOF LB'er in the bunch. There were some good players, but I think our lb's can be as good as any bunch he had in his previous stops.....agree with Reed83 on Floyd, but Kirkpatrick (or any other cb at 10) wouldn't be a great pick since there is no consensus 2 behind Claiborne

All of the back and forth posts were great...loved reading all of them....if you listen to Wan, and remember back to his defenses, it was a great d line that made the d's....there wasn't one HOF LB'er in the bunch. There were some good players, but I think our lb's can be as good as any bunch he had in his previous stops.....agree with Reed83 on Floyd, but Kirkpatrick (or any other cb at 10) wouldn't be a great pick since there is no consensus 2 behind Claiborne

That's what makes this draft a B word to figure out, CB is an interesting beast this year as well. Looking at most mocks you do see Kirkpatrick higher then Jenkins who is getting dinged for his off the field disaster of a life (as he should). The #10 pick could allow us to steal a good player that slipped through, take Floyd who is still projected to be there, or we have to choose between the cream of the crap so to speak - all seem to be reaches. In the last position you hope to hell that a team below you covets a player and is willing to trade up and of course that Nix takes it. I don't know if I could see that scenario happening.

Again I am not totally advocating taking a CB if Floyd isn't there, but it I see the logic behind and would be okay with it if that is how it falls. I would be pissed if we take a DE, I just see other holes needing to be filled at #10 and #41. I honestly don't like the LBs this year. Anyone who knows my feelings on football know that I really love aggressive and dominating LBs; again I don't see that as an impact starter this season. I also really feel like you said above, I don't see Wanny putting a huge emphasis on it. You need a beast in the middle and we have that. the other 2 are going to be wrapping up tackles and providing coverage.

If Bell doesn't come back, the LT issue rears its ugly head too. I would hope we don't reach at #10 based on need as it almost never works out! If we somehow miss out on Floyd ('Phins of Jags), at least this draft is deep at WR and I'm sure we can find another.

In those first 2 picks, they need to be playing this season and not because of injuries.

I've got this bad feeling we are going to take Mike Adams LT from Ohio St. It's that same acidy feeling in my stomach I got right after we drafted Whitner and Maybin. I don't know it it's a."Don't draft the Big 10" sickly feeling or the "Why'd you take the lower first round talent with the high first round pick" acidy feeling. Either way it's not a good feeling physidaly or mentally. :sick:

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Notice I said if the Bills feel that either LB rated high enough is worth the pick. I am not specifically attached to any one person or pick. I do feel like we really need a LB to finish off the job and that is because i feel that the Defense is allot closer to being a unit that can control a game now. I do not feel like the offense is one player away from being very good, so personally feel that if there is a LB that can come in and be a force behind our d-line that would love to see him picked at 10.

I do agree with you on most of what you say. We do have average lb's already present with some potential to get better. And that we have bigger holes in other places. Need to win in the trenches to be a consistant winner in any level of football, and our offensive line need a couple of upgrades. We have some potential with our recievers but noone that has stepped up to be a true number 2 receiver either. My reason mostly is that would rather have a dominate defense with an inconsistant offense, than an average defense with an average offense, and think defense is allot closer than offense. Plus feel with later picks can get some players to plug some of the other holes.

Beyond first 2 OT's there really isnt one worth top 10, and we are sitting in a good spot to get one of next set of talent at ot in the 2nd round if draftnicks are close to being right (know grasping at straws using thier guesses :)). There probably will be a receiver worthy of pick available, but its not often one of them comes in and dominates in thier first year. Usually takes a couple of years to adjust, depending on type of offense they were in and how quick they learn.

As far as who are going to beat these guys out, outside of Barnett don't really like the LB's on this team as starters. They are pretty one demensional, and liability if other team decides to pass short, expecially to TE's. Not saying they suck, just that unless plan on using a rotation system and resigning scott to play on passing downs, or whole game for teams like patriots that use te's allot, our defense is going to see allot of teams having success converting allot of 3rd downs agaisnt us again.

As far as Bell resigning, that would be something would like to see. This will be pretty much his first healthy offseason, because of the lockout, where he could actually spend an offseason working on strenght rather than rehabilitating from injury. He has issues with his strength for sure, if he does have the work ethic to improve in that area, think will go along way into helping him stay healthy, and that he can be an above average LT for the team. Now I am assuming he does have the work ethic, if not, then by all means let someone else waste the money on him.

Basically what I am saying is that I dont disagree with most of what you are saying, and that would not be surprised at any position that the Bills pick, expecailly considering thier last 10 drafts. We do have allot of holes, and that we have servicable LB's to hold down the boat till something better comes along. I just personally would like to see it sooner rather than later.

I agree 100 percent with your thought on this :)

Notice I said if the Bills feel that either LB rated high enough is worth the pick. I am not specifically attached to any one person or pick. I do feel like we really need a LB to finish off the job and that is because i feel that the Defense is allot closer to being a unit that can control a game now. I do not feel like the offense is one player away from being very good, so personally feel that if there is a LB that can come in and be a force behind our d-line that would love to see him picked at 10.

I do agree with you on most of what you say. We do have average lb's already present with some potential to get better. And that we have bigger holes in other places. Need to win in the trenches to be a consistant winner in any level of football, and our offensive line need a couple of upgrades. We have some potential with our recievers but noone that has stepped up to be a true number 2 receiver either. My reason mostly is that would rather have a dominate defense with an inconsistant offense, than an average defense with an average offense, and think defense is allot closer than offense. Plus feel with later picks can get some players to plug some of the other holes.

Beyond first 2 OT's there really isnt one worth top 10, and we are sitting in a good spot to get one of next set of talent at ot in the 2nd round if draftnicks are close to being right (know grasping at straws using thier guesses :)). There probably will be a receiver worthy of pick available, but its not often one of them comes in and dominates in thier first year. Usually takes a couple of years to adjust, depending on type of offense they were in and how quick they learn.

As far as who are going to beat these guys out, outside of Barnett don't really like the LB's on this team as starters. They are pretty one demensional, and liability if other team decides to pass short, expecially to TE's. Not saying they suck, just that unless plan on using a rotation system and resigning scott to play on passing downs, or whole game for teams like patriots that use te's allot, our defense is going to see allot of teams having success converting allot of 3rd downs agaisnt us again.

As far as Bell resigning, that would be something would like to see. This will be pretty much his first healthy offseason, because of the lockout, where he could actually spend an offseason working on strenght rather than rehabilitating from injury. He has issues with his strength for sure, if he does have the work ethic to improve in that area, think will go along way into helping him stay healthy, and that he can be an above average LT for the team. Now I am assuming he does have the work ethic, if not, then by all means let someone else waste the money on him.

Basically what I am saying is that I dont disagree with most of what you are saying, and that would not be surprised at any position that the Bills pick, expecailly considering thier last 10 drafts. We do have allot of holes, and that we have servicable LB's to hold down the boat till something better comes along. I just personally would like to see it sooner rather than later.

I did note what you said about LB and the #10. I think that was just a general LB rant as a lot of people on this board want us to draft at least 2 new LBs with high picks, which imo is waste of those picks. Starting round 3 if the best player on the board is an LB so be it. I think we could get better players to fill other gaping holes first. With a strong pass rush and a good secondary our D will be pretty damn good with the LBs we have. If we lose an LB it will be felt, if we lose McGee or McKelvin sucks, I think that will be felt more. It looks like Scott decided to stay - that was a big signing for us. Also it is looking good that Mark Anderson will be a Bill according to Mario Williams. I think our DL is set now!!

We have a small difference of opinion on the LBs and who cares - it isn't a big deal. I do agree we should look for upgrades and if the value is there we should do it.

LT is going to be a big issue, I have no idea where they fit that in. It sounds like Martin is the next best after Kalil, #10 still seems a tad bit high to me. Hopefully we figure something out.

we need 2 solid LBs still. Our corners are ok --not great of course.Our LBs are awful;a gaping huge bloody problem.We need to prioritize.

We had one of the worst front 7s in football last year.yes a healthy Kyle plus Mario changes that---but that solves half the problem.

LB w 1st round pick.OL or LB 2nd and 3rd.-Unless of course we see a steal at CB in 2 or 3.

I totally agree. We need LB that weigh 250+.