That's It?

thewza

My take on the Bills cap was that they had a little over 30 million. And the Williams deal is worth 25 million year one (Very good on the Bills to make the first year take a lot of the burden) thus that left Buffalo with about 8 million without cutting anyone.

Unless the signing bonus doesn't count towards the cap (Which I could be wrong it might not) I would think that the Williams deal puts the Bills up against the cap for the rest of the offseason (Unless they makes some cuts). Once again I could be wrong but that's my interpretation.

25m guaranteed isn't the same as a 25m cap hit.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But if you read todays Buff News story that is exactly the cap hit this year. Bills have between $12-13M left with rookie contacts and extensions (including FJ) to get done.

PTR

I don't post much but I read posts several times daily. Look I am as pumped as all of you are about Mario. Believe me - I am super pumped. I'm just saying - I think it is pretty misguided to suddenly think we are contenders based on this one signing. The Texans roster has been a heck of a lot better than ours with Mario Williams and they didn't finally make the playoffs until this past year. Just sayin - we've got more work to do. That's reality.

I'd say the Bills aren't contenders because it's not just one signing, they get all those injured guys back into the lineup as well. You know, the guys who had them sitting atop the division for the first half of last year. Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson, the entire OL which was riddled with injury, Fitz's rib, LB's, DB's the list goes on and on. I've never seen a team so decimated by injury.

Everybody is talking about the Bills now having one of the best DL's in the league with Mario, Kyle and Dareus but only one of those guys was lining up in the 2nd half of last season for them. Add a top 10 pick to that and they should definitely be able to compete.

I don't think they should be favorites or even a team that is so good everybody expects them to make the playoffs but they are good enough to be one of the top 6-7 teams in the AFC which is all I ask for after a decade of ineptitude. If they can remain somewhat healthy...

The way I understand it is the team gets a choice: they can amortize the bonus or eat it all at once. The Bills almost always choose to do the former.