with the 10th pick in the draft, the buffalo bills choose. . .

If there was ever a year to trade down, this would be it. Nix showed us the baby and spent 80 percent of the money on pampers clothing and milk. That takes us out of free agency this year. We still have to restructure Fred's contract as promised. I love the 2nd round prospects in this year's draft so, I'd rather trade down in the 1st that way we have a later 1st round pick and 2 2nd round picks.

With those picks I say,

LT

DE/OLB

DE/OLB

+1 always BPA. And question for the dogmatic amateur GM's who draft for need. Hypothetically, if Andrew Luck fell to 10 do you select him? Always BPA regardless of position!

I see people saying this all the time and it's as wrong as saying "draft a LT no matter what!"

There are no absolutes. Drafting the top guy on your board is a big mistake if you're already loaded at that position and that guy will never get on the field (or it puts one of your other best players on the bench.)

Teams have to look at their boards and draft the BPA at a position that would be significantly improved with the addition of that player. If the best player on the Bills board at #10 was a DT and the next best player was a LT do the Bills take the DT? Hell no, a DT wouldn't improve the team much, if any.

You pick the player that would help improve your team the most - sometimes it will be the BPA and sometimes it won't.

Anyway, /end rant

I'm editing because I originally said OT, then thought about it and realized Martin may not be the BPA. Is the 3rd tackle off the board better than the 2nd WR, CB? I dunno. I'll just say BPA knowing it could be any position.

Good point, i was thinking about that the other day. As fans, we lump these guys together but who knows maybe there are 3 top 10 LT and not any LT in the draft graded with a 2nd rd grade. Some years I bet there are 5 DE that could go before the best DE in the next class... And so on

Can anyone name the Giants starting offensive tackles? How about their defensive ends?

If the right DE is there you draft him. If not, trade back.

DE's put up stats and people love stats which is why you can name them.

Can you name their SB MVP QB? The guys up front who block for him enable you to be able to name him. Without protection what could Eli do? The OL are typically a nameless bunch of grunts who make the offense go and let the QBs, RBs and WRs have their names known.

I find it interesting how you think DE is important but the guy who lines up to stop him - the LT - isn't as important. There aren't many positions more important than LT.

Anything but a DB or a Guard.

I don't know about that.... If Claiborne somehow slips to #10, it's gonna hard to pass on a player like that.

But I'm hoping Buffalo chooses a stud LT at #10. Enough with these 3-step drops masking the offensive line inadequacies.

DE's put up stats and people love stats which is why you can name them.

Can you name their SB MVP QB? The guys up front who block for him enable you to be able to name him. Without protection what could Eli do? The OL are typically a nameless bunch of grunts who make the offense go and let the QBs, RBs and WRs have their names known.

I find it interesting how you think DE is important but the guy who lines up to stop him - the LT - isn't as important. There aren't many positions more important than LT.

I'm not saying offensive tackles aren't important. I'm saying that you don't need to draft one high. If you have a QB that has some pocket mobility and can process defenses quickly than there is no need for an iron curtain in front of him. Wayne Gandy protected Kurt Warner's blind side in the super bowl a couple of years ago. Jonathan Scott was Big Ben's LT last year. Chad Clifton protected the leagues MVP. A good QB makes the Oline look better just look at Indy since Tarik Glenn left. If Fitz has one strength, it's getting rid of the ball.

Guys like Terrel Suggs, Clay Mathews and JPP were all selected high and do more than fill up stat sheets. They cause fumbles and make momentum changing plays that turn a game on a dime. Joe Thomas, Jake Long and Ferguson just aren't doing that. It's about impact plays. That's why Mario just got 100 mill.

Can anyone name the Giants starting offensive tackles? How about their defensive ends?

If the right DE is there you draft him. If not, trade back.

Well I got one of them Justin Effin Tuck. You know the guy that got the safety in the super bowl. Man Tuck on our line would be sick. But that would never happen

We need a NFL starting caliber LT bad.

+1 always BPA. And question for the dogmatic amateur GM's who draft for need. Hypothetically, if Andrew Luck fell to 10 do you select him? Always BPA regardless of position!

If Morris Claiborne slid to 10 - do you select him?

In a New York minute!

Of course. But that's not BPA. It's "are you kidding me?!"...followed by a sprint to the podium.

Take that unlikely scenario one further...what if Claiborne is available at 10. Is he that much better than The rest that you don't listen to the Cincinnati offer?

I would say OT, but I saw a report on ESPN that the second best OT, Riley Reiff, is more of a project player, and the the first one, Kalil, will be drafted really high. As I see maybe only 4 UGA games and about as many bowl games a year, and have no intelligent analysis, I am going by that.

So I say we draft WR. Witholding the name as requested.

BPA is a good strategy when you don't have gaping holes or are just starting your rebuilding. We have gaping holes at OT and WR, and are as many holes away from playoff contention.

If we pick a WR in FA, I'd go with the BPA. Otherwise, we need a WR, and not a late-rounder either.