WTH are the Dolphins thinking?

We've had more than a decade of heartache, indigestion, puke fests, you name it. All of a sudden things are REALLY looking good and I'm so happy with the Bills right now. I never realized a single signing could achieve this feeling.

BUT... Say you're a present-day Dolphins fan. What makes you not want to slit your wrists? This question is not for them -- they're likely punching walls, significant others, etc. This is for others who love watching a good train wreck every now and again.

Where they're lacking

1. A very so-so starting QB with no legitimate receiving weapons.
  2. No. 1 Wide Receiver. (Davone Besse is their current #1)
  3. A running game that'll never work without stretching the field (like Marshall did). I don't see Bush tearing through our new defense like he did last year). SPLAT.
  4. New coaches who don't seem to have a plan.

What they have going for them

• They have a decent OL
  • They have some goodies on D.
  • ?

A lot of mocks have them going for Reiff, but this team has so many deficiencies right now, that I can't see them adding a "final piece" to their strongest unit. Let's say that Peyton (who they're dreaming will come to them sans a visit) lands in Tennessee and Flynn is signed by the Seahawks, which at the moment is looking likely. I could easily see them reaching for Tannehill at #8 overall.

What's the Bills' tie-in to all of this? It looks like beginning this year, Dolphins fans will be feeling the same pain Bills fans had for years to come. This, to me, is a total rebuilding project. Didn't they try that twice or three times in the last decade?

Bottom line: It's great being a Bills fan today. WAY moreso than certain other teams (including one that just resigned some bum named "Sanchez.")

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in miami most my life so i know a lot of phin fans. They know they stepped back. they think its all the owners fault. not coaching who doesnt have a plan or anything like that. They all hate the owner. Also a lot of them were happy that marshall is gone. its a new rebuilding period.

well they will take a wide receiver and most likely they will get flynn. i think with a good draft they will win 5 or 6 games next year

dont forget bills had all no name receivers. you just need a good qb to make some stuff happen

Edited by brenty

The have a moron for a GM and all the fans know it. They really hate Jeff Ireland and the direction he is taking the team.

Right now the Dolphins owner and GM think they have a realistic shot to land Peyton Manning, which they don't !! So believing in that, they are not even trying to land Matt Flynn and will lose out on Flynn while waiting on Manning.

So once they realize they lost out on Manning and Flynn they will get desperate for a QB and try and draft Ryan Tennehill. Who is moving up on most mock draft charts just because he is the only decent available QB in the draft at this point. For that early a pick for a QB he had better be NFL start ready, I don't think he is. They will end up screwing themselves again. When they fired the HC and staff they should have fired the GM. I can only think Bill Parcells told them to hang on to him is the only reason he is still there.

Trading away Brandon Marshall was moronic, apparently the Dolphins GM / FO didn't watch the pro bowl with decent QB's throwing to Marshall.

I suspect this year the Dolphins will be the AFC East cellar dwellers :D

well they will take a wide receiver and most likely they will get flynn. i think with a good draft they will win 5 or 6 games next year

dont forget bills had all no name receivers. you just need a good qb to make some stuff happen

I have this "thing" about backups with limited playing experience on one team becoming "good" on another. Yeah, I still have Rob Johnson flashbacks. The Chiefs are living through the horror of Cassel.

I'm not sure how the Dolphins didn't see they had no shot at Manning. He didn't even make a trip to visit them. I know Flynn has ties to the new Fins HC, but the fact that they waited so long while other FAs were flying off the board -- I don't know. Flynn's visiting Seattle tonight into tomorrow. Maybe Carroll & Co. pull a Buffalo on him and won't let him leave without a contract. Not sure about the rest of Seattle's brass, but Carroll is pretty persuasive.

Definitely agree that they'll take at least one WR in the draft. I would like us to get a good No. 2 in FA, but it looks like we're done. The Fins could get the WR pick of the letter on Draft Day.

SD

The have a moron for a GM and all the fans know it. They really hate Jeff Ireland and the direction he is taking the team.

Right now the Dolphins owner and GM think they have a realistic shot to land Peyton Manning, which they don't !! So believing in that, they are not even trying to land Matt Flynn and will lose out on Flynn while waiting on Manning.

So once they realize they lost out on Manning and Flynn they will get desperate for a QB and try and draft Ryan Tennehill. Who is moving up on most mock draft charts just because he is the only decent available QB in the draft at this point. For that early a pick for a QB he had better be NFL start ready, I don't think he is. They will end up screwing themselves again. When they fired the HC and staff they should have fired the GM. I can only think Bill Parcells told them to hang on to him is the only reason he is still there.

Trading away Brandon Marshall was moronic, apparently the Dolphins GM / FO didn't watch the pro bowl with decent QB's throwing to Marshall.

I suspect this year the Dolphins will be the AFC East cellar dwellers :D

What will really screw them is if Flynn goes to Seattle and the Browns take Tannehill at #4. Their fan base will go insane.

I agree they will take a receiver. However a qb can't do it alone....flash back to when stevie turned revise inside out all game....the guys with hands have to run good routes and stretch the field.

Marshall got in trouble again and that was 3 strikes with miami. it was like lynch, he screwed up twice in buffalo, hitting people with his car and having some weed and a gun in his car. they dont want to take the risk so they got rid of him. he was a risk, i thought it was a great move and i know a lot of phin fans that are happy about what they got for him

Marshall got in trouble again and that was 3 strikes with miami. it was like lynch, he screwed up twice in buffalo, hitting people with his car and having some weed and a gun in his car. they dont want to take the risk so they got rid of him. he was a risk, i thought it was a great move and i know a lot of phin fans that are happy about what they got for him

Not trying to be facetious here -- Hey, I lived in South Florida till right before Mandich passed, so I know a bit about the fans. And the two 3rds they got in return might be a good trade someday for the Fins. But what about the timing? The first move in free agency? Any sane free agent QB would have to look at that and say... "Yeah. No..." imo.

It's hard to believe that one player, Mr. Mario Williams, could have such a dramatic effect on this organization and by default - it's fan base...but he does. A healthy Kyle Williams, a second year Dareus, and MW along with a developing Offense and healthy O-line will continue to bring about the next phase this franchise needs to take: the playoffs, and what Williams does, in addition to legitimazing the Defensive line, is provide a source of strength what was a place of weakness last year. Does the D-line need to continue to get deeper? Absolutely!! But, MW is a tremendous start!! I would like to see the BILLS add another Vet DT, draft a DT & DE somewhere in the middle rounds, get a VET LB AND draft a LB, get a VET WR AND draft a WR, and of course do the same with the CB position and THEN we'll be in a position to withstand the rigors of a full season....and BTW, Draft a Left OT with the 10th pick....but, one giant step forward today!!

Like I stated, I think the move is moronic to trade away a #1 WR, and a talent like Marshalls for 2 #3's. Marshall was in trouble again, but not to the extent Lynch was! Also, lots of players hit that proverbial edge where one more mistake and they suffer a big suspension and never make another. Example was Bruce Smith who's next mistake would have cost him a years suspension, he never made another. DE Jared Allen is still in the same boat as Bruce, if he screws up again he is gone for a year. Minnesota took a chance on him a few years ago and Allen led the league in sacks last year with 22.

Apparently, you and your Miami friends didn't watch the pro bowl either :D

The fans are now pinning their hopes on Matt Flynn. Problem is, Flynn is visiting Seattle and they may not let him leave. Do they reach for Tannehill, and push a prospect down to the Bills?

This^ once i saw he got in trouble again, it made sense. and two 3rds for a guy tat could get suspended by Goddell is a steal

Remember the mass hysteria around here when the Fish went from worst to first in 2008?

I guess in retrospect it wasn't a very good rebuilding job…

In the last 12 months the Dolphins have been spurned by Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher, and Peyton Manning.

I'm looking forward to 2 weekends this fall of squishing the marine mammals.

Dolphins? Didn't they sweep us last year? Just sayin' <_<

Just sayin' what, exactly?