Bills left out in cold...again

trigger

It's concerning that "trying their best" might not be enough.

The top coaches - Cowher, Shanahan - wouldn't even consider us back in 2009.

During last year's free agency, Tyson Clabo used us for leverage, then re-signed with the Falcons.

Now Mario.

If the problem is our front office - we can always have hope they will someday be replaced with aggressive and competent people. If the problem is that nobody wants to come here, then we have no hope to ever build a winner again.

OK. Yeah, Shanahan is having a great time in Washington, isn't he? And Cowher, is he coaching again? And if you think that a player doesn't use other teams as leverage to get the most he can, you are fooling yourself.

Again, I fault them for 15 years of ineptitude. But you have to start somewhere. What is YOUR solution? What would you have them do differently than what they already are?

I second that comment. Buffalo has much better weather than either Cleveland, Minneapolis or Pittsburg. People still want to live in the Buffalo area and the summers are very nice.

I grew up 10 miles south of Buffalo and I currently live in Steelers country...not too far from Pittsburgh. If you like winter sports, walking behind a snow blower, & bone chilling lake effect wind, then your statement is correct.

The poor Bills just can't catch a break, if they try they're wrong for doing so, if they don't well, Ralph is cheap. I give them credit for even speaking to Williams, hell they sold him on something. Rather he sign with the team or not, they deserve some credit for reaching.. Go Bills

Seems like every year Bills fans whip themselves into a frenzy about free agents coming to the Bills. Perhaps this year was different because even certain members of the media contributed to the frenzy with tweets and texts about imminent deapls. Rubbish. Big names will only visit the Bills to drive up their value or gain leverage with their own teams. Can you blame Meachem for choosing a city with the best weather in the country over one with...well...not the best? In the midst of the craziness yesterday, Hasselback from ESPN said he had no idea why Williams was choosing to go to Buffalo first. I think we have our answer now. Let's face it. The Bills can't catch the big fish. The best they have done since the playoff run in the '90's is throw in their line and caught the fish that most teams would throw back in the water.

It sounds like your toe is on the trigger.

Yesterday I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa only to wake up this morning with nothing under the tree and feeling very bitter disappointment. Please someone pull out that long dull knife out of my back it does not feel so well. :sick:

Every year when we don't sign someone, people here say we should have offered more money. I hope the Meacham debacle proves that sometimes it doesn't matter how much you offer.

PTR

Hate to say it, but Meachem made the right decision (but did it in a dikish fashion). As the #1 receiver for SD, he will get a ton of garbage yards with Rivers throwing to him. I'm a bit baffled why he's considered a tier above Mario Manningham.

Seems like every year Bills fans whip themselves into a frenzy about free agents coming to the Bills. Perhaps this year was different because even certain members of the media contributed to the frenzy with tweets and texts about imminent deapls. Rubbish. Big names will only visit the Bills to drive up their value or gain leverage with their own teams. Can you blame Meachem for choosing a city with the best weather in the country over one with...well...not the best? In the midst of the craziness yesterday, Hasselback from ESPN said he had no idea why Williams was choosing to go to Buffalo first. I think we have our answer now. Let's face it. The Bills can't catch the big fish. The best they have done since the playoff run in the '90's is throw in their line and caught the fish that most teams would throw back in the water.

Really this all falls on RWilson again. After all, he did not nove the team when he could have.