Im Bruce Dickinson.....

CJPearl2

I'm not sure why the whole skit is so legendary. I mean, BOC rocks of course, but there was no Gene Frankel. "THE" Bruce Dickinson confused me because to me "THE" Bruce is the lead singer of Samson and Iron Maiden, who was probably in high school when the Agents Of Fortune album was recorded. (Great frigging album, btw... This Ain't The Summer Of Love, Vera Gemini, Sinful Love, a lot of fantastic tracks apart from Reaper)

Is it just because none of the cast could keep from cracking up?

I'm not sure why the whole skit is so legendary. I mean, BOC rocks of course, but there was no Gene Frankel. "THE" Bruce Dickinson confused me because to me "THE" Bruce is the lead singer of Samson and Iron Maiden, who was probably in high school when the Agents Of Fortune album was recorded. (Great frigging album, btw... This Ain't The Summer Of Love, Vera Gemini, Sinful Love, a lot of fantastic tracks apart from Reaper)

Is it just because none of the cast could keep from cracking up?

181285[/snapback]

Enthusiasm! Never misunderstand the power of it!

CowBell=12th Man

It's a combo of things. It's the absurdity of the cowbell being a major part of a song. It's Will Ferrell going over-the-top with his playing of said cowbell. It's Chris Walken delivering his deadpan lines. And it's the cast cracking-up, which to me is the hallmark of a great skit and/or comic genius, i.e. when you can get your fellow professional comedians to laugh live during a performance of at a skit rehearsed umpteen times.

I'm not sure why the whole skit is so legendary.

Ralonzo = the little kid in "The Emperor Had No Clothes." :blink:

Seriously, I thought it was funny in a ha-ha kind of way when I saw it, but I never really understood why it was so legendary either. I just didn't want to be the first one to say it. :w00t:

That said... I still think we need MORE COWBELL! :blink:

Isn't it a mock of "great producers?"

The different beats, sound mixes, change of tempo is a formula that is appealing and proven seller.

Look at the Shania Twain / Jeff Muttlong formula and phenom they had going. Didn't he produce groups like AC/DC, Cars, Foreigner, etc... in the 80's?

I just think it is a mock on that... The group seems to get annoyed with it only to bring in the "great producer" and he backs it up, even wants more.

The masses LOVE the CowBell... Hence the "gold diapers"... The CowBell "sells!"

Sell your artistic soul for the CowBell? Annoying as it is... People just eat it up!

Case in point=TBD?

Too deep of an analysis?, just tell me to get phucked. :w00t:

:blink::blink:

Isn't it a mock of "great producers?"

The different beats, sound mixes, change of tempo is a formula that is appealing and proven seller.

Look at the Shania Twain / Jeff Muttlong formula and phenom they had going.  Didn't he produce groups like AC/DC, Cars, Foreigner, etc... in the 80's?

I just think it is a mock on that... The group seems to get annoyed with it only to bring in the "great producer" and he backs it up, even wants more.

The masses LOVE the CowBell... Hence the "gold diapers"... The CowBell "sells!"

Sell your artistic soul for the CowBell?  Annoying as it is... People just eat it up!

Case in point=TBD?

Too deep of an analysis?, just tell me to get phucked. :w00t:

:blink:  :blink:

181413[/snapback]

Jeff Muttlong? Whoa.

Robert "Mutt" Lang? Yeah.

It was Walken being Walken...the funniest man in hollywood and not on purpose just because thats how he is.  Watch him in Pulp Fiction and tell me he's not gold!

181439[/snapback]

I concur, Walken rules that skit with some help from Ferrell and a cracking up cast. WHen it comes to walken, anything that has him being some ridiculous guru-esque character is funny, or as my roommate would say "thats gold brother!"