MS Walk 2012, May 6th in Rochacha, NY

rockpile

Through Two Bills Drive and the The Stadium wall, I have been allowed to make an annual request for sponsors for the MS Walk (thanks Scott!).

Back in 2005, in a post, I wrote, "I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in 1994. Since then, I have quit smoking, dropped 10 lbs, ran a 10K, hiked mountains from the Adirondacks to the Sierra Madres. I am still in remission, thanks in part to medicine that was NOT available less than a generation ago. With research and maybe some luck, I believe MS will be a curable disease one day; we will be able to do more than just treat the symptoms, or DELAY the next attack."

I am still ticking!, LOL! This year I hope to vacation/hike/bike in Connecticut, Vermont, and Seattle.

There is still no cure, but I am soon changing from a monthly infusion (like a chemo bag) to a daily pill and it is about 75% effective in preventing relapses. Progress is being made daily!

My team is a regular group of friends and family now, and includes three generations of my immediate family - I am Grandpa Rockpile. laugh.gif

No amount is too small, or too large. blush.gif

post-156-040319500 1331737976_thumb.jpg

Edited by rockpile

• 4 weeks later...

Just a bump in case anyone wants to contribute to the MS Walk.

It's a few weeks away and we have raised over $300 - thanks to all!

Click here to view my personal page at the MS Society, and donate to the cause if you would like: Rockpile's MS Link

ALL donations go straight to the MS Society.

No amount is too small, or too large. :blush:

take care...

Rock

• 2 weeks later...

Bump....

Total raised so far is $335 ! Thank you! :thumbsup:

May 6th will be here in a couple weeks. Thanks to all who have sponsored me and a "bump" for any who wanted to be part of this and missed the thread.

Take care, my friends!!

Rock

=================

Through Two Bills Drive and the The Stadium wall, I have been allowed to make an annual request for sponsors for the MS Walk (thanks Scott!).

Back in 2005, in a post, I wrote, "I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in 1994. Since then, I have quit smoking, dropped 10 lbs, ran a 10K, hiked mountains from the Adirondacks to the Sierra Madres. I am still in remission, thanks in part to medicine that was NOT available less than a generation ago. With research and maybe some luck, I believe MS will be a curable disease one day; we will be able to do more than just treat the symptoms, or DELAY the next attack."

I am still ticking!, LOL! This year I hope to vacation/hike/bike in Connecticut, Vermont, and Seattle.

There is still no cure, but I am soon changing from a monthly infusion (like a chemo bag) to a daily pill and it is about 75% effective in preventing relapses. Progress is being made daily!

My team is a regular group of friends and family now, and includes three generations of my immediate family - I am Grandpa Rockpile. :lol:

Since 2002, YOUR support of my efforts in the walk have raised about $10,600... Think about that!

Last year you put me in the Top 10 Club in WNY , as $1650 was raised.

Thank you for your continued support.

Click here to view my personal page at the MS Society, and donate to the cause if you would like: Rockpile's MS Link

ALL donations go straight to the MS Society.

No amount is too small, or too large. :blush:

So I was going through my finances and noticed that I hadn't donated to Tom's walk yet this year. I did a search to see if he was still doing it and lo-and-behold, I just missed his post (grad school...). So here's a friendly BUMP so that others who may have missed it can help contribute as well. :)

Good luck, Tom!

So I was going through my finances and noticed that I hadn't donated to Tom's walk yet this year. I did a search to see if he was still doing it and lo-and-behold, I just missed his post (grad school...). So here's a friendly BUMP so that others who may have missed it can help contribute as well. :)

Good luck, Tom!

I know what you mean; I've been very busy myself. I even had the tab open a couple times to donate but never had my wallet near me to donate. Finally I bridged the gap of wallet and couch and got to it. Thanks for the bump, thanks for Tom for supporting a great cause!

I don't donate to Tom because he likes to stop and take pictures during his walk. If I'm paying him to walk, I want him to walk dammit!

(I also like to make him stand on top of of a slippery cooler that is resting on the tailgate of my truck when he's only been awake about 10 minutes, but that's a story for another time)

I don't donate to Tom because he likes to stop and take pictures during his walk. If I'm paying him to walk, I want him to walk dammit!

(I also like to make him stand on top of of a slippery cooler that is resting on the tailgate of my truck when he's only been awake about 10 minutes, but that's a story for another time)

You forgot to mention the sun was not quite up yet either! We got the TBD tailgate banner up ok, though. :rolleyes:

I wanted to check in and say thank you as the weekend and the MS Walk approach.

There are three walks in Rochester along the Genessee River; I will be doing long route - 5.1 miles.

Don't tell Jack, but I may take a lot of photos and I KNOW that is not why I am there.

There will be several friends and three generations of the Rockpile Clan making sure I make it 5 miles, :lol:

Once again you amazing people have sponsored me for the generous total of $1,055 (to date).

:worthy:

I am expecting a couple more checks, and may still see some last minute on-line donations.

Last chance if you want to sponsor me: Rockpile's MS Link

Two Bills Drive sponsors (in random order):

AiO

Fezmid

Mr. WEO

JÂy RÛßeÒ

JoeF

jboyst62

Todd

Guffalo and Pat

Lori

TheTomcat

jan

There are three walks in Rochester along the Genessee River; I will be doing long route - 5.1 miles.

Don't tell Jack, but I may take a lot of photos and I KNOW that is not why I am there.

There will be several friends and three generations of the Rockpile Clan making sure I make it 5 miles, :lol:

Bunch of suckers for sponsering you. Rather than pledge per miles, they should be pledging per picture!

Had a FANTASTIC day for the MS Walk!

Bright sun and temperatures in the sixties made it perfect.

Afterwards we had our first barbecue of the summer for almost twenty friends and family.

A truly splendid day, and the BEST part is we raised $1,200 for supporting those who have MS, and for research to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis!

Thanks again to all !!!!

:thumbsup:

Had a FANTASTIC day for the MS Walk!

Bright sun and temperatures in the sixties made it perfect.

Afterwards we had our first barbecue of the summer for almost twenty friends and family.

A truly splendid day, and the BEST part is we raised $1,200 for supporting those who have MS, and for research to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis!

Thanks again to all !!!!

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

After all pledges and checks were added up, $1,225 was raised for the MS Walk 2012.

MANY were TBD sponsors.

Thanks to all! :thumbsup:

Two Bills Drive sponsors (in random order):

AiO

Fezmid

Mr. WEO

JÂy RÛßeÒ

JoeF

jboyst62

Todd

Guffalo and Pat

Lori

TheTomcat

jan

Update: add Taro T to the list - thanks!!

Congrats Rockpile! My sister and I were able to raise just under $1000 ourselves but I came here for a different reason. I received an email from my mother (who has been living with ms for over 25 years) today and it is a simple way to get grant money for MS. You do have to give an email address but I have done so in the past and don't get junk from them so feel safe doing it. I will copy and paste it below:

Vote and help us get a grant of $8,500 to help people with MS in Upstate New York

The project with the most online votes wins an $8,500 grant. The National MS Society Upstate New York Chapter needs your help “winning” grant money to support our MS Independence Program in Madison and Onondaga counties. This program provides home/vehicle modifications, assistive technology, adaptive equipment and medical services to people living with MS, so they can maintain independence and improve quality of life.

Would you please vote for our project? Click here to cast your vote.My link

To find our project listed, put “National Multiple Sclerosis Society” in the SEARCH bar, or scroll the list of projects for ours, titled “Provide adaptive support for people living with MS”.

Don’t forget to cast your vote EACH DAY in June. You may vote once per day, per email address. Please do not attempt duplicate votes or it could result in our disqualification.

Send out an email to all your friends and family and ask them to vote, too. Imagine how much of an impact your daily vote, just a few seconds to click your mouse, can make for the people with MS that we could help with this funding. Cast your vote and spread the word! Thank you for helping to create a world free of MS!

The Central New York Community Foundation’s CNY85 Giving Project contest runs NOW through June 30, 2012. Visit www.CNY85.org to view full contest rules.