Matt Leinhart

Did ya'll see the pre season? Thigpen could barely complete a pass against second stringers,third stringers,and camp fodder.

I would actually prefer to judge what he can do, in real games. The last I remember, when Thigpen played in regular season games, in the offense that the Bills are running right now (KC), he was very productive. Also, I recall him moving the ball pretty well, at times, during the Bills pre-season...though they did seem to have trouble scoring while he was in there...but, as tempting as it might be to say he "sucks" because of that, I could easily chalk it up to the fact that he was surrounded by "second stringers,third stringers,and camp fodder".

The fact that the guy has started a significant number of NFL games, has played for our head coach before makes me much more comfortable with him as the Bills backup, than say, some other guy, who may suck, but hasn't sucked for us yet. Unfortunately, pre-season games are not always a real gauge as to how good a guy is. Remember how great Trent Edwards looked in his first two pre-seasons with the Bills? How did that work out?

Let's not discount, either, that any free agent who signed last offseason was at a great disadvantage, with no OTA's, no mini-camps, and a very condensed pre-season. Is Tyler Thigpen really that much of a worry?

Edited by Buftex

I would actually prefer to judge what he can do, in real games. The last I remember, when Thigpen played in regular season games, in the offense that the Bills are running right now (KC), he was very productive. Also, I recall him moving the ball pretty well, at times, during the Bills pre-season...though they did seem to have trouble scoring while he was in there...but, as tempting as it might be to say he "sucks" because of that, I could easily chalk it up to the fact that he was surrounded by "second stringers,third stringers,and camp fodder".

The fact that the guy has started a significant number of NFL games, has played for our head coach before makes me much more comfortable with him as the Bills backup, than say, some other guy, who may suck, but hasn't sucked for us yet. Unfortunately, pre-season games are not always a real gauge as to how good a guy is. Remember how great Trent Edwards looked in his first two pre-seasons with the Bills? How did that work out?

Let's not discount, either, that any free agent who signed last offseason was at a great disadvantage, with no OTA's, no mini-camps, and a very condensed pre-season. Is Tyler Thigpen really that much of a worry?

He got burn in Miami, and wasn't very good.

Yes, Backup QB's tend to play.

I predict, at some point, next season, Fitz is going to miss a game or two, Thigpen will come in, play well, and people will be clamoring for Thigpen. Just curios, what is everyone basing their "Thigpen sucks" opinions on?

Did you see his 7 pass attempts last year? What more do you need?

What worries me more is that during several games when Fitz was just sucking, and we now know could barely talk or walk with a rib injury, Thiggy stayed on the bench.

That seems like a giant vote of "no confidence" by our coaching staff.

That is one of the salient points regarding Thiggy.

The starter had a very significant injury but the backup saw no action.

That says a lot, IMO.

Did you see his 7 pass attempts last year? What more do you need?

While 7 attempts is a minuscule sample size, it was the horrific-ness of those 7 passes which does stand out.

That is one of the salient points regarding Thiggy.

The starter had a very significant injury but the backup saw no action.

That says a lot, IMO.

While 7 attempts is a minuscule sample size, it was the horrific-ness of those 7 passes which does stand out.

And his horrible pre season showing as well.