game change

Maybe not presidential material, but if I were elected President I'd certainly like to have her on my staff... :w00t:

Senior Advisor level or intern? B-)

Or was that a double, double entendre?

Edited by jjamie12

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting response to the movie, I left out about 2/3's of the information given after each "lie"...........just the Readers Digest version here. Read the whole thing.

RealClearPolitics

Top 10 Lies of HBO's 'Game Change'

by Stacy Drake

Well, I've seen the entire movie, so don't mind me while I go ahead and judge this piece of high-dollar propaganda.

"Game Change" is pretty easy to deconstruct. At its core, it's a left-wing project designed to make one of their most hated political enemies toxic. They used people with an axe to grind to legitimize the story they want viewers to believe and help push their agenda. They also have no problem lying.

Honestly, it was difficult to narrow down this list because there were so many fabrications and distortions throughout the film, but here are the top ten lies produced by HBO

Lie #10: HBO released a defensive statement to the press along with screeners of the film saying the project "is a balanced portrayal of the McCain/Palin campaign." Having seen the movie in its entirety, I can say that that statement is beyond absurd. There was nothing "balanced" about the story they told. As someone who has studied Palin's career for years, I can say that I didn't even recognize the person sold as "Governor Palin,"

Lie #9 Virtually every characteristic attributed to Palin in "Game Change" is false. They portray her as egotistical, ungracious, demanding, stupid, forgetful and, cruelest of all, mentally unstable. They do show her as a loving mother, even though they have her go into "catatonic stupors" when separated from her children. Even when they're trying to be nice they're mean. I don't know Palin personally, but I know people who do. I have never heard any stories that fit the descriptions listed above; in fact, I've heard just the opposite

Lie #8: "Game Change" depicts Palin as unwilling to go on stage with Jeb Bradley because he is pro-choice.why did she attend rallies with Joe Lieberman in Pennsylvania and Florida during the campaign? Why did she also allow the L.A. President of NOW to introduce her at yet another rally during the campaign in question? Palin doesn't ostracize people for having a different opinion than she does. Frankly, that's more in line with behavior I have come to expect from the left.

Lie #7: The movie suggests Palin wanted to flee Alaska.........she still lives there today.

Lie #6:"so find me a woman." ...........The real Schmidt admits this never happened, as does McCain

Lie #5: The sin of omission regarding the film's depiction of the "Troopergate".Democrats who were active with Obama's campaign hijacked the process, ignored the law and released a report that fit their agenda. Luckily, an independent board corrected the record. That doesn't stop HBO from misleading their viewers.

Lie #4: "Senator McCain supports stem cell research, you do not." They make no distinction between embryonic and adult stem cell research. There is a big difference, and Palin supports adult stem cell research, as she pointed out in her interview with Charlie Gibson

Lie #3: A constant theme pushed throughout "Game Change" is the notion that the McCain campaign didn't vet Palin. This is provably false. The Chicago Tribune interviewed Culvahouse in 2009. He directly contradicts the way the movie portrayed the vetting process and how Governor Palin was selected

Lie #2: The movie portrays Palin as an absolute foreign and domestic policy dunce. Scheunemann said, She was incredibly intelligent. She asked very informed questions. She was very interested and she wanted to understand John McCain’s view of foreign policy because she wanted to be the best possible vice presidential nominee.

Scheunemann went on to explain that his discussion with Gov. Palin about these historic topics was in the context of the historical roots of John McCain's foreign policy world views, not a history lesson.

Lie #1: At the 106 minute mark of the film, Schmidt is talking to McCain after the election loss. He appears as though he wants to apologize to McCain but instead apologizes for "suggesting her."

After months of research on this movie, this lie was certainly very telling to me. Never before has Schmidt's motive for talking to the book's authors and the makers of this movie been more clear. He is trying to absolve himself of responsibility for the bad decisions he (and the Wallaces) made and the campaign they ran. They told their convenient version of events to left-leaning activists in the entertainment industry who loved the lies so much they made a movie out of them. The result is "Game Change."

sorry, but comparing obama to palin is just silly. articulate us senator, ivy league law degree, well versed on complicated national and international issues versus mayor of a small town, governer of alaska who reportedly didn't know the function of the federal reserve.

Of course you could just as accurately describe him as speech reading community organizer who was a senator much the was Levi Brown was an NFL QB, who demonstrated the understanding of international politics you would typically expect from a college sophomore who's taken a 3 hour course in international relations.

After going through the campaign process, very, very few people actually think Sarah Palin should have been considered for the job. I don't actually know even one single person who thinks she should be considered Presidential material. It is such a red-herring to bring this up over and over.

Oh just stop it. Then-Senator Obama could articulate his positions (such as they were) clearly and articulately, as well as demonstrating a strong command and understanding of what was happening in the world. It was clear that he knew what the issues were (it was always less clear that he understood whether or not they were realistic -- see Guantanamo Bay and the Patriot Act for example). Sarah Palin, for whatever reason, was not able to demonstrate that she had an understanding of what was happening in the world, let alone being able to have us trust her judgment with regard to those issues.

I agree that Obama could articulate his positions clearly but i don't think he had a realistic understanding of how things work in this world. Iran is just a small country and doesn't pose a threat?

After going through the campaign process, very, very few people actually think Sarah Palin should have been considered for the job. I don't actually know even one single person who thinks she should be considered Presidential material. It is such a red-herring to bring this up over and over.

Oh just stop it. Then-Senator Obama could articulate his positions (such as they were) clearly and articulately, as well as demonstrating a strong command and understanding of what was happening in the world. It was clear that he knew what the issues were (it was always less clear that he understood whether or not they were realistic -- see Guantanamo Bay and the Patriot Act for example). Sarah Palin, for whatever reason, was not able to demonstrate that she had an understanding of what was happening in the world, let alone being able to have us trust her judgment with regard to those issues.

I must have missed that. I never saw anyone grill him on any of these issues and try to pin him up against a wall. The only person who even made so much as a pretense of challenging him was O'Reilly who was really just trying to gain ratings while trying to prove himself to the left wing media. Everything else he said was fairly basic or read off the teleprompter.

Edited by Rob's House

I must have missed that. I never saw anyone grill him on any of these issues and try to pin him up against a wall. The only person who even made so much as a pretense of challenging him was O'Reilly who was really just trying to gain ratings while trying to prove himself to the left wing media. Everything else he said was fairly basic or read off the teleprompter.

Who does get grilled? Sarah Palin got 'grilled'? By Katie Couric? I mean, she did ask her what newspapers and magazines she read so, yeah, that's a real tough question. Charlie Gibson? By asking her about the Bush Doctrine? If she was even remotely able to answer that question, she should have taken Charlie's head off with it, because his understanding of what the 'Bush Doctrine' was completely superficial, if not flat-out wrong.

Perhaps everything Obama said was fairly basic. Even if it was, Palin couldn't/didn't even get the basics right.

Edited by jjamie12

Who does get grilled? Sarah Palin got 'grilled'? By Katie Couric? I mean, she did ask her what newspapers and magazines she read so, yeah, that's a real tough question. Charlie Gibson? By asking her about the Bush Doctrine? If she was even remotely able to answer that question, she should have taken Charlie's head off with it, because his understanding of what the 'Bush Doctrine' was completely superficial, if not flat-out wrong.

Perhaps everything Obama said was fairly basic. Even if it was, Palin couldn't/didn't even get the basics right.

Bush Doctrine? You're kidding right? Gibson got it wrong. Moron is as moron does I guess. You haven't made a valid point yet. Here: A complete fisking of that argument.

Many more articles can be provided as well as the way the interview was edited complete with how she was seated and the intentional optics of Charlie looking down and over his glasses.

Bush Doctrine? You're kidding right? Gibson got it wrong. Moron is as moron does I guess. You haven't made a valid point yet. Here: A complete fisking of that argument.

Many more articles can be provided as well as the way the interview was edited complete with how she was seated and the intentional optics of Charlie looking down and over his glasses.

Maybe you should re-read my post.

Maybe you should re-read my post.

.unsure.gifoops.gif

Well then. You must agree that the left has convinced many that the woman who ushered in ACES, AGIA and ethics reform is an idiot? The woman who was President of the Alaska Conference of Mayors and chairman of both the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (AOGCC) and the U.S.'s Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission (IOGCC) is an idiot? The woman who managed a $14 billion budget as the CEO of Alaska is an idiot? The woman who made ExxonMobil blink is an idiot? (Game Change Tries To Re-write Palin)

All thanks to Katie's and Charlie's selective interviewing and crack editing techniques.

Edited by Oxrock

I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter. I know it should, but it doesn't.

Look, it comes down to this: everyone involved in the McCain campaign got destroyed by everyone involved in the Obama campaign, and one of the primary reasons for this is because Obama easily had at the ready enough people to advance even the slightest messed up perception about McCain and, more easily, Palin. At the time, the minute a little narrative came out like "Palin doesn't know the Bush Doctrine," that was it. Almost immediately the narrative was being advanced in news cycles, opinion stories, blogs, HuffPost, DailyKos, etc. and repeated ad nauseum, leaving the McCain campaign on the defensive...again.

The difference between the 2008 campaign and the 2012 campaign is that the right now has enough people in place to advance their own narrative and keep the Obama campaign on the defensive. Look at the conservative social tools now available that were virtually unheard of three years ago. The right was caught flat-footed. Not this time. If the right can keep Obama on the defensive, he'll be forced to start talking about something other than contraceptives, at which point he'll be stumbling around so embarrassingly that he'll even make Sarah Palin look like a deep thinker.

I didn't make any claims about Palin. I'm stating that I've never seen or heard anything that gives an indication that Obama's particularly well versed in foreign matters.

I didn't make any claims about Palin. I'm stating that I've never seen or heard anything that gives an indication that Obama's particularly well versed in foreign matters.

OK. You were referencing a post that was comparing the two, so I just assumed you were comparing, too.

Also, you made the claim that he "never got grilled by anyone" -- I was simply making the point that no one gets 'grilled' on this stuff.

Edited by jjamie12

I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter. I know it should, but it doesn't.

Look, it comes down to this: everyone involved in the McCain campaign got destroyed by everyone involved in the Obama campaign, and one of the primary reasons for this is because Obama easily had at the ready enough people to advance even the slightest messed up perception about McCain and, more easily, Palin. At the time, the minute a little narrative came out like "Palin doesn't know the Bush Doctrine," that was it. Almost immediately the narrative was being advanced in news cycles, opinion stories, blogs, HuffPost, DailyKos, etc. and repeated ad nauseum, leaving the McCain campaign on the defensive...again.

The difference between the 2008 campaign and the 2012 campaign is that the right now has enough people in place to advance their own narrative and keep the Obama campaign on the defensive. Look at the conservative social tools now available that were virtually unheard of three years ago. The right was caught flat-footed. Not this time. If the right can keep Obama on the defensive, he'll be forced to start talking about something other than contraceptives, at which point he'll be stumbling around so embarrassingly that he'll even make Sarah Palin look like a deep thinker.

Good Points: Except the GOP is, frankly, retarded. They learned nothing from 2008. Not a thing. The Left is just too good at this game.

Edited by Oxrock

.unsure.gifoops.gif

Well then. You must agree that the left has convinced many that the woman who ushered in ACES, AGIA and ethics reform is an idiot? The woman who was President of the Alaska Conference of Mayors and chairman of both the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (AOGCC) and the U.S.'s Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission (IOGCC) is an idiot? The woman who managed a $14 billion budget as the CEO of Alaska is an idiot? The woman who made ExxonMobil blink is an idiot? (Game Change Tries To Re-write Palin)

All thanks to Katie's and Charlie's selective interviewing and crack editing techniques.

I don't ever remember calling her an idiot. In my opinion, she's not good enough for the job she was nominated for -- and I was thrilled with the choice at the beginning. Turns out I was wrong.

Good Points: Except the GOP is, frankly, retarded. They learned nothing from 2008. Not a thing. The Left is just too good at this game.

If the left was as good as they'd like you to think, Obama wouldn't be getting pounded in the polls for his "war on women."