Jeremey mincey and

These two have been mentioned as opposed to Mario Williams to help with the pass rush. I don't know much about either player. Just wanted to know if any of you had any thoughts on either of these guys?

Mincey got about half his career sacks in one game vs the colts which is a bit worrisome for big money - hyperbole but it was like 5 of them

Edited by NoSaint

Mincey started 16 games had eight sacks last season. Five of those came in the two games he played against the Colts. The year before that he started eight games and tallied five sacks. So there was an improvement there as playing time increased but im wary of guys who play up during their contract year.

What about Jason jones? Just was wondering if either of these guys are viable options to help us

Jason Jones played a lot at defensive end last season and his numbers dropped. He played primarily as a defensive tackle the year before.

I think the Bills sign two DEs in free agency.

One guy to keep an eye on is Trevor Scott, formerly of the Oakland Raiders. His first two seasons in the league he managed 12 sacks in spot duty. He won a starting job but ended up tearing his ACL in 2010. He came back but was pushed back to spot duty with the Raiders last year and hardly put up any stats at all.

A few things to note about him, if he seems familiar to all of you he should...he played his college ball at the University of Buffalo. He also was born and raised in Potsdam, NY so he has the connections to the Western/Upstate NY area. If the Bills can land a guy like Mincey or (it'll never happen but I'll say it) Mario Williams, I could see them sign Scott to a low-risk deal in the hope he gets his career back on track in Buffalo because he really did flash some great pass rushing skill early on. He's still very young too, only 27.

Edited by BillsGuyBackInMalta

One guy to keep an eye on is Trevor Scott, formerly of the Oakland Raiders. His first two seasons in the league he managed 12 sacks in spot duty. He won a starting job but ended up tearing his ACL in 2010. He came back but was pushed back to spot duty with the Raiders last year and hardly put up any stats at all.

A few things to note about him, if he seems familiar to all of you he should...he played his college ball at the University of Buffalo. He also was born and raised in Potsdam, NY so he has the connections to the Western/Upstate NY area. If the Bills can land a guy like Mincey or (it'll never happen but I'll say it) Mario Williams, I could see them sign Scott to a low-risk deal in the hope he gets his career back on track in Buffalo because he really did flash some great pass rushing skill early on. He's still very young too, only 27.

Scott would be a great pickup. Nice catch.

Really good call there. Granted, I'm not sure the Bills have had luck with getting guys back from an ACL, but if we are looking for a low risk, low cost acquisition I'm all for it. Granted, if we can get ONE sure thing I'll be very happy.

Mincey is kind of questionable. A 2 year deal for a guy like John Abraham may be a better and safer route to go

He's been borderline great for quite some time, but at his age and reported contract demands (12mil per), I can see the Bills passing. One has to question how much he's going to play too.

He's been borderline great for quite some time, but at his age and reported contract demands (12mil per), I can see the Bills passing. One has to question how much he's going to play too.

Agreed. No way they sign Abraham. Mincey is much more likely...