Facebook causes marriage break-up, charges filed

Beerball

I'm always surprised how lazy people get when they're doing really bad things. Forgetting for a moment the moral issues of cheating, it just seems to me if I were doing something so wrong I would be as careful as possible with every detail. I guess that fact that I haven't ever done something like this means I don't know what I'm talking about, but it just seems so over the top stupid to me.

It's like all the teachers that are screwing around with their students. I completely get the kids being careless enough that they always seem to get found out through text messages being left on their phones. It's the teachers that should be smart enough not to send them in the first place!

It really does seem like these people must be trying to get caught.

I don't think Facebook is the cause of the break-up...

Are they married today?

Will they be not married in the near future?

Did not Facebook lead to them being not married in the near future?

Anything else that I can clear up for you?

Are they married today?

Will they be not married in the near future?

Did not Facebook lead to them being not married in the near future?

Anything else that I can clear up for you?

I'm pretty sure the AFFAIR is what led to them not being married in the near future. Facebook didn't cause it.

If the affair was being conducted on a landline phone and the wife picked up a second phone while the two were talking, would you title be: "Telephone causes marriage break-up?"

PS: You didn't have to be an ass with your last comment. <_<

I'm pretty sure the AFFAIR is what led to them not being married in the near future. Facebook didn't cause it.

If the affair was being conducted on a landline phone and the wife picked up a second phone while the two were talking, would you title be: "Telephone causes marriage break-up?"

PS: You didn't have to be an ass with your last comment. <_<

If you think that was ass you don't know me very well.

If you take anything I say on OTW seriously you don't know me very well.

If Facebook did not exist this couple would still be unhappily married, escargot Facebook caused the pending divorce.

If Facebook did not exist this couple would still be unhappily married, escargot Facebook caused the pending divorce.

Hard to argue with that logic. :lol:

As an aside, for some reason your post made me hungry for snails cooked in butter and garlic...

As an aside, for some reason your post made me hungry for snails cooked in butter and garlic...

Yeah. I'm hungry now. Escargot in a butter and garlic bath sounds so good.

Also, I met my wife on Myspace. Still married. 4 LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNG YEARS.

:thumbsup:

And this is big news why? People date on social networking sites all the time. And plenty of people (as bad as it is to say)have affairs beyond their main lover. It would be like if there was a random news headline about some divorce. This is stupid.

Well, young man, in this society it is standard for a man to be married to one woman at a time. Other cultures do allow men to take multiple wives, though I have no !@#$ing idea why any man would want more than one, but, I digress, you'll learn in due time. Anyway, back to the story...the guy, we'll call him schmuck, was married to one woman, though separated. Schmuck has met another woman, the love of his life, and he married her without divorcing wife #1. That is frowned upon.

The only part that Facebook plays in this is it was used by wife #1 to discover that there was a wife #2. You need to read more.

Well, young man, in this society it is standard for a man to be married to one woman at a time. Other cultures do allow men to take multiple wives, though I have no !@#$ing idea why any man would want more than one, but, I digress, you'll learn in due time. Anyway, back to the story...the guy, we'll call him schmuck, was married to one woman, though separated. Schmuck has met another woman, the love of his life, and he married her without divorcing wife #1. That is frowned upon.

The only part that Facebook plays in this is it was used by wife #1 to discover that there was a wife #2. You need to read more.

Well, yeah I get that it's wrong, but why is it headline news? My dad cheated on my mom, that didn;t make the paper.

Well, yeah I get that it's wrong, but why is it headline news? My dad cheated on my mom, that didn;t make the paper.

Well, he probably didn't marry her while married to your mom, or have a stupid social media gaffe expose his two marriages. Not quite the same as a run of the mill affair.

Not huge news but odd/shocking enough that people will both read and repost the story. I wouldn't qualify it as headline news, but tabloid gossip news.

:thumbsup:

Moderator slap fight! Now ban each other... :w00t:

Yeah. I'm hungry now. Escargot in a butter and garlic bath sounds so good.

Also, I met my wife on Myspace. Still married. 4 LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNG YEARS.

Met mine on AOL in 97...this June will be our 10th wedding anniversary. :beer: