Stevie Recruiting

MadOTC

Hope it helps!

The big news out of Buffalo earlier this week was that the Bills had signed WR Stevie Johnson to a contract extension, avoiding having to place the franchise tag on him or risk losing him in free agency. Now that he's got his long-term financial future secured, the WR has set his sights on surrounding himself with some additional offensive weaponry. Namely, Vincent Jackson.

Joe Buscaglia of WGR 550 Radio noticed that Johnson had sent out a tweet to make sure Jackson knew about the money being spent on both himself and TE Scott Chandler (who got a new deal this week as well). The thinking is that this willingness to spend by the front office is a good recruiting tool for other FAs, who may not necessarily consider Buffalo an optimal destination.

The idea of the Bills landing Jackson made waves earlier this week. We'll see if Stevie's recruiting efforts, the link to Bills GM Buddy Nix or some other factor draw V-Jax to Western New York next week.

Wow. I like SJ. Hope his recruiting pays off. I wonder if it's a pipe dream to also hope for VJ and Mario Williams.

That would be too good to believe. Imagine having those positions stored up, allowing us to focus on O line, linebacker and depth at the draft!

We could even draft Tannehill if we got WR and DE playmakers in FA.

I'll be happy, though, with just one big FA signing at WR or DE.

Well let's hope it is the willingness of the FO to spend that attracts him here because it sure as hell won't be the weather! :devil:

Can't say that after this winter. Buffalo with only 35 inches of snow all season? That is unheard of. The weather was absolutely perfect for most of the home games last year. Global Warming is in full effect :pirate:

Wow. I like SJ. Hope his recruiting pays off. I wonder if it's a pipe dream to also hope for VJ and Mario Williams.

That would be too good to believe. Imagine having those positions stored up, allowing us to focus on O line, linebacker and depth at the draft!

We could even draft Tannehill if we got WR and DE playmakers in FA.

I'll be happy, though, with just one big FA signing at WR or DE.

It is.

The recruiting aspect is often talked about, but it's still a huge deal. Not having a vocal salesman on the team is a huge problem. So glad we have Stevie. For that matter I'm fine with merriman on the roster for that reason alone.

Good point about Merriman. he has a good record for selling The Bills to players, and the confidence is spreading since his arrival. Funny how a guy who has hardly played may have bettered our team?

Thanks stevie for being unselfish! :thumbsup: