with the 10th pick do we pass on Floyd?

of course Floyd will be the pick

continuing the trend of wasting top 10 picks of backfilling a hole created by letting a quality player leave

(bonus for Ralph is that Brandon can market the hell out of a top 10 WR)

no way Floyd produces in year 1 at the same level as Stevie so another step back

continuing the trend of wasting top 10 picks of backfilling a hole created by letting a quality player leave

no way Floyd produces in year 1 at the same level as Stevie so another step back

Sadly, this is a tough post to argue with.

Sadly, this is a tough post to argue with.

Agreed. I thought he was a feasible pick pre-combine. Now his 40 time and measurements are raising his stock. Ralph said we need more runners. He makes catches fully extended with no regard for bracing his falls, or taking hits. He's a possession, deep threat, playmaker, any-label WR. Has the potential to be a Megatron type of player. Could we call him Optimus Prime?

Although, the crop of receivers this year is deep in both the draft and free agency. It would probably be better to pick a more scarce position here like DE or LB

Agreed. I thought he was a feasible pick pre-combine. Now his 40 time and measurements are raising his stock. Ralph said we need more runners. He makes catches fully extended with no regard for bracing his falls, or taking hits. He's a possession, deep threat, playmaker, any-label WR. Has the potential to be a Megatron type of player. Could we call him Optimus Prime?

Although, the crop of receivers this year is deep in both the draft and free agency. It would probably be better to pick a more scarce position here like DE or LB

Because he played at Notre Dame, he will come with a ready made fanbase. And Spartacus is correct in that Brandon can market a wideout big time.

The problem is that while profits may rise, there is no pass rush and a possible void at LT.

I just do not like taking a wr at 10.

To me if you are going to take a wr in the first it needs to be in the top 5. A Calvin Johnson or Greene from Last year. A guy you know is going to come in and be a stud. Or is the final peice for your team.

I also am skeptical to take a wr from ND. ND today is not what it was when Tim Brown came out.

Sign Stevie.

Let Bell walk if he wants crazy money, draft your LT for the next 10 years.

The mid rounds(2-4) seem to have a lot of guys in our two other need area's, WR and DE.

I just do not like taking a wr at 10.

To me if you are going to take a wr in the first it needs to be in the top 5. A Calvin Johnson or Greene from Last year. A guy you know is going to come in and be a stud. Or is the final peice for your team.

I also am skeptical to take a wr from ND. ND today is not what it was when Tim Brown came out.

Sign Stevie.

Let Bell walk if he wants crazy money, draft your LT for the next 10 years.

The mid rounds(2-4) seem to have a lot of guys in our two other need area's, WR and DE.

What about Hairston? I think he could be the 10 year LT. Where is our 10 year DE or OLB?

Please allow me to be the third to chime in on how disturbingly true this post is.

Floyd is an amazing college WR that's for sure, but when I look at our team, the problem never seems to be that our WR's aren't getting open. I think we need to look at defense in the early rounds, unless its a left tackle.

We can run and catch fine, just need to get our QB some more time so he can focus on his mechanics and accuracy so he doesn't throw a league leading 24 picks again next year. Fitz needs to throw longer balls with better touch instead of all the short timing stuff that can be taken away by defenses with the right game plan.

I would only take a WR at 10 if they weren't signing SJ which they're going to. There is no doubt they will sign the guy.

I think Nix is going LT in the first and then three straight picks for defensive front seven.

I agree.... just think the overall talent of Floyd is outstanding...not his charecter is something different.....but the lack of talent at WR was scarey for us, however when we switched to the 4-3 the defense looked better, and don't forget we didn't have Williams for most of the seasons...and we had 2 DE's playing outside lb ...

Well, the last ND wr to be worth a #10 was Tim Brown. Branch would be a way way way distant 2nd. Unless Floyd's putting up Tim Brown numbers, where does the value come from? And, we know he ain't putting up Tim Brown numbers.

I don't know If Floyd is going to be a stud but I think he's a perfect WR if you're going with Fitzpatrick- size, good routes and most important good hands (he went games without dropping a ball)- His speed was solid at the combine and that is good enough because the long ball isn't Fitzpatrick's game. The one thing Floyd is not going to give you is big run after the catch but I forgive that because he's been a great red zone target.

I think it's pretty easy to say who the Bills will pick at 10: the BPA at a position of need. These guys (Nix, Whaley, Gailey) aren't in a hurry - as evidenced by the last two years. They are going to look at the areas they deem need improved (likely LT, OLB, CB, WR, QB, and DE) and they are going to look at the players available at those positions - I'd guess QB, LT, DE get the first priority, only because they are so hard to find good players at - but, if the WR, OLB, or CB available is looking like a regular pro-bowler/game changer, and the LT/QB available is looking like a starter for 10 years, but not an all-pro, then they go the all-pro route.

I believe that is what Nix has been politely saying all these past weeks. They aren't going to pick a DE just because there is a DE available at 10 that the pundits have deemed "best", when they might consider a 2nd round DE to be just a little less talented; whereas, the WR or CB availabe - a position of less immediate need, but nevertheless a position of need - is truly great in potential, they're going to pull the trigger on the guy who gives the most dynamic potential to this team. I think that is what we can expect with the first pick - unless they can garner a trade down a few spots. After that - in rounds 2-4, they'll address DE, OLB, WB, and the OL. That's my guess.