sign Brees

Changed my mind; Brees wants 23 million a year which is what Peyton was going to get for the next 3 years and Saints offered him 18 which is the average of Peytons and Brady's contract. This is more than fair and Brees needs to quit being so greedy. Guess he's afraid of being broke when he retires and doesn't want future players to take care of him.

He should be paid more than those guys. He has won a Super Bowl more recently than those guys, has 2 5,000+ yard seasons, and with the money the Saints will save by not being able to draft in at least the first 3 or 4 rounds I don't see a problem. He is handling his business. Besides, greed is good. Greed works.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greedy? Nope, just business. He wants to be paid the same as the other elite QBs. He's not saying he wants more than them, just what they're getting. I bet they settle on around 21 mil per year.

Changed my mind; Brees wants 23 million a year which is what Peyton was going to get for the next 3 years and Saints offered him 18 which is the average of Peytons and Brady's contract. This is more than fair and Brees needs to quit being so greedy. Guess he's afraid of being broke when he retires and doesn't want future players to take care of him.

Payton got 18 per for the duration, just cash in his pocket quicker than Brady. Condon made that deal and I'm Not surprised he would try to match it. Clearly the saints want to kick dollars towards the end when the cap shoots up.