NO RUNNING BACKS !!!

It's official, the FO has finally turned the corner and is on the way to giving us a good draft.

"I take the top four or five at every position, and then positions that are more likely to be points of emphasis for us, I may look at six or eight," he said. "But I'll be honest with you, I probably won't look at many centers. I probably won't look at many running backs." Chan Gailey

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article739365.ece

If were able to grab a DE/OL/TE/WR with our first four selections I wouldn't mid at all picking up Isaiah Pead RB from Cincinnati with our second 4th round pick. Depends on what happens with Jackson but we have no depth right now. Pead may not be there that late, however. With 9 picks we could go DE/OL/TE/WR/CB/OLB/QB and still have two picks to double up on d'backs or another postion along with picking up a back that can get the third and two for us. But not early on, will agree with you guys there.

Top 4-5 or even 6-8 is barely getting you through the second round on some positions. Essentially, I'm a coach not a scout and if they aren't expected to start next year I dont need as much input, I'll trust my guys

What I'm hearing is that we probably won't take a center or back at 10.

Next, what's the story on the backup center spot this year?

Last- big vote of confidence to Freddie, cj and wood.... Wonder if fitz has noted he was left out?

Edited by NoSaint

If were able to grab a DE/OL/TE/WR with our first four selections I wouldn't mid at all picking up Isaiah Pead RB from Cincinnati with our second 4th round pick. Depends on what happens with Jackson but we have no depth right now. Pead may not be there that late, however. With 9 picks we could go DE/OL/TE/WR/CB/OLB/QB and still have two picks to double up on d'backs or another postion along with picking up a back that can get the third and two for us. But not early on, will agree with you guys there.

I have Pead going after our RD3 selection but before our RD4. That might be too early to take a RB.

Late Round RB's that I like:

RD6--Terrance Ganaway RBF Baylor---big bruiser for a thunder-lightning combo

RD67-Lennon Creer RBF Louisiana Tech

RD6--Tauren Poole RBF Tennessee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64f9yxOr-t4

I don't want to draft a RB anywhere near the top of the draft but in my perfect world, the Bills have a big, physical, pounder as their third running back… someone who can wear down the defense and help to eat the clock at the end of games by smashing the ball between the tackles.

They don't have one of those right now.

I'm not impressed with Johnny White and if they take Spiller off the field in favor of Tashard Choice EVEN ONCE on third downs this year, I'm gonna blow my brains out.

I don't want to draft a RB anywhere near the top of the draft but in my perfect world, the Bills have a big, physical, pounder as their third running back… someone who can wear down the defense and help to eat the clock at the end of games by smashing the ball between the tackles.

They don't have one of those right now.

I'm not impressed with Johnny White and if they take Spiller off the field in favor of Tashard Choice EVEN ONCE on third downs this year, I'm gonna blow my brains out.

Ryan Houston North Carolina 6'2" 245 RB

"Ryan Houston was the #21 high school RB prospect in the nation according to Rivals in 2007, and was also a star on the basketball team.

Houston immediately joined a crowded UNC backfield as a true Freshman in 2007. His best season was 2009, where he had 713 yards rushing and 9 TDs. During the spring game of 2010, Houston fractured a scapula. Then he got suspended, and ended up taking 2010 off completely. In 2011, in a back-up role to Giovani Bernard, Houston had 325 yards and 7 TDs.

As an NFL Draft prospect, Houston is clearly a good short yardage back who can push the pile. Beyond that as a RB, Houston isn't fast, elusive, or a great receiver. Brad Noel

Ryan Houston North Carolina 6'2" 245 RB

"Ryan Houston was the #21 high school RB prospect in the nation according to Rivals in 2007, and was also a star on the basketball team.

Houston immediately joined a crowded UNC backfield as a true Freshman in 2007. His best season was 2009, where he had 713 yards rushing and 9 TDs. During the spring game of 2010, Houston fractured a scapula. Then he got suspended, and ended up taking 2010 off completely. In 2011, in a back-up role to Giovani Bernard, Houston had 325 yards and 7 TDs.

As an NFL Draft prospect, Houston is clearly a good short yardage back who can push the pile. Beyond that as a RB, Houston isn't fast, elusive, or a great receiver. Brad Noel

And oddly enough a former teammate of Johnny White… who showed very little albeit in limited time last year.

Pead is a stud

smoke screen...trent richardson will be the pick

:worthy: